PDA

View Full Version : Problems, downtime & crashes: What is happening & what is going to happen.

Paul
11-12-2010, 18:24
Lately many people complained and asked me questions about crashes and servers that got stuck. In this news item I will try to answer all the questions and tell people what the planning is and what is going to happen.

Let's kick off about the so called "Crashes" - we believe we've found the cause of these and did some updates to prevent them. Until today it seems to be working - but it's not guaranteed.

Secondly, people complaining about servers getting stuck: people always tell me after they've played 5 rounds: why my 5 rounds aren't up? I always say "you should have told me directly", this still counts from now on, despite the fact that there have been things changed.
You can easily see if a server actually got "stuck", at the bottom of every server info page there is information about the last and nextscan. If the nextscan is over - 120 seconds there is seriously something wrong and the server probably got stuck. This was caused by MySQL, that got overloaded by connections. The first time this happened we upgraded the maximum connections from 151 to 251, but this seemed not enough so it has been changed again from 251 to 501, hoping that this will be the end of all those problems.

We hope the best, and hope that this is the last time any problems occur regarding this subject.

Some extra announcements:
- The so called 'login' bug is fixed.
- Soon there will be a mod/minimod section for file downloads.
- We are working the idea of an achievement system, more information will follow.
- A longer list of sessions per server will be implemented.
- The server list filters are on the to-do list to: it will get more extended.

Paul

Konvict
14-12-2010, 13:44
Good job. Now time for Rating Enhacement improvement!

eaGle
14-12-2010, 14:12
Great!

Hope we can rate as soon as possible :)

Didjay
14-12-2010, 14:21
Thank you for work and news !

Adrian
14-12-2010, 15:06
Great news :)

gzzzvictory
14-12-2010, 15:35
Thx paul for this good work

christmaspwns
14-12-2010, 16:41
Well done Paul. Maybe you need some more coders who can help you to keep TB rolling?

Paul
14-12-2010, 19:13
Well done Paul. Maybe you need some more coders who can help you to keep TB rolling?

Doesn't have much todo with more coders or not :( More complicated.

Please note that the site is currently running on recovered data, not reïnstalled yet. There will be more downtime in the weekends, when the software structure of TB will be fully changed to prevent these situations in the future. More info will follow about this. Little note: this "downtime" won't be like it was now, but it's needed to prevent these things in the future.

Katelove<3
14-12-2010, 19:30
so does that mean when it will be reinstalled that that all the ratings will be lost ?

Paul
14-12-2010, 22:43
so does that mean when it will be reinstalled that that all the ratings will be lost ?

No, all data will be backed up again at the time being, and the data will be restored afterwards. All forum things/et/fc things will remain :)

Prone
15-12-2010, 01:40
When can we rate again? Some people could rate today idk why. Also maybe if you can give everyone .5 rating who lost rating cause of the down time.

daredevil
15-12-2010, 17:08
When can we rate again? Some people could rate today idk why. Also maybe if you can give everyone .5 rating who lost rating cause of the down time.

You will not loose anything my friend, if you lost rating because of down time. Rating =/= money.

d3witt
15-12-2010, 19:25
You will not loose anything my friend, if you lost rating because of down time. Rating =/= money.

rating=life :D

Konvict
15-12-2010, 20:07
lool Hilarious to say the least : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Prone
15-12-2010, 23:14

Konvict
15-12-2010, 23:47
Are you serious?

R3ap4r
16-12-2010, 00:57
he prolly is :)

Prone
16-12-2010, 12:20

christmaspwns
16-12-2010, 13:55
konvict is noob anyway

Konvict
16-12-2010, 15:29
? Now you are acting retarded. Im acting towards ur 0.5 rating need. Its like ur life depends on it, but now u gota act all jerk at me Cause u are a failure? I didnt call u anything at all and like my post there are another 2 or 3 making a joke out of you and now u made a fool out of urself.

christmaspwns
16-12-2010, 18:31
: )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))

Ripjaw
17-12-2010, 11:17
lol come on guys i dont think this is the place to bitch???

@Paul good job man gettin tb all up and sorted (i thought it was gettin hacked lol i always thought sl would be a tad jelous and attack you) Tb pwns sl hands down mate xD

Paul
17-12-2010, 23:00
It was actually getting hacked (not breaking it but got down), but haven't put this in the post. Despite that, we were able to recover and continue.

Dragonji
18-12-2010, 12:17
People from PRO*, you should use your forum for internal clan discussions! Please, don't make a trash bin from TB!

Konvict
18-12-2010, 17:30
And people from poland should grow a brain? Where is the discussion envolving 2 pro people?

I think that this clan Should grow in fact some kind of haters club. The reason is on our side, altho everyone atacks pro*, even tho the clan is not prunounced here..

+1

Edit: I just noticed Prone erased his posts. Still lame accusation like always.

Dragonji
18-12-2010, 20:42
I don't attack anyone. Just wanna read clean forum... Do you want brothel on the wheels from the forum?

konvict is noob anyway

: )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))

Konvict, just tell me one thing, are these posts valuable?

Konvict
19-12-2010, 00:54
People from PRO*, you should use your forum for internal clan discussions! Please, don't make a trash bin from TB!

If this one is, why shouldnt those be? The posts where directed to me and i didnt even care about them!