PDA

View Full Version : Downtime?

R3ap4r
8-12-2010, 01:48
Again, i (we);have experienced downtime from TB.

Another attack? bad server? I don't care?

Will this 'copy' project last, and just to make sure,
Whoever told a known clan, that SL will shut down in december and people should sign up to this site?

Asked the clan in question about that in the past and i got the standard answer" i have my resources"

Given the importance of a website like this and SL, for the non competition side of ET,
it would be appreciated to give some straight answers concerning this subject.

Paul
8-12-2010, 08:34
To be honest I'm getting totally sick of it. There are some possible 'could-be-this' ideas about what causes it. After yesterday I updated the core agáin and I've put out the last possible-warnings and logging all to disk now.

There isn't much more to say about this, I just pray now that this was the last time. I might discovered where the problem is, so I'm going to watch that closely.

Paul
11-12-2010, 18:03
Seems to be the key, it does not have crashed since I did and watched out for this.

I have updated the mysql maximum connections, which was the reasons that servers got stuck (nextscan -1203 seconds etc...).
I doubled the maximum connections, so it should not get stuck anymore.

epsi
14-12-2010, 19:39
Would like to know this also. I remember a user named "exceed" said in a random journal at crossfire.nu, that SL is going down till the end of this year. He said he knows it from some1 who was a admin at SL, that he is his "friend" an that this "friend" started the new project trackbase.

Found the journal (see middle of the journal):

http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=journal&mode=item&id=113287

Exceed is a Member of the Pro* Clan aka "pro*que pasa?".

So more Infos please or was this just bullshit talk?

Paul
14-12-2010, 19:48
It wasn't bullshit, at the moment I left they were planning this. If this is still in the planning you should ask to SL itself, as I have no clue about that.

Wasn't this problem about hiding some etpro servers? Anyway, what I directly want to say, if you wish to have some options regarding this I'll check what is possible.

epsi
14-12-2010, 20:03
okay, thanks for the Info.

I dont care about this DDOS attacks since i dont play ClanBase or ESL. Its just annoying when you watch a good game at gamestv and a random kid attacks the matchserver. But admins from CB / ESL should talk to you if they want their server not tracked by trackbase. tbh it makes no sense at all as SL is still there and doing nothing :P

christmaspwns
14-12-2010, 20:11
Oh god, they tracked my nick. FUCK

Paul
14-12-2010, 20:57
okay, thanks for the Info.

I dont care about this DDOS attacks since i dont play ClanBase or ESL. Its just annoying when you watch a good game at gamestv and a random kid attacks the matchserver. But admins from CB / ESL should talk to you if they want their server not tracked by trackbase. tbh it makes no sense at all as SL is still there and doing nothing :P

Completely right.

R3ap4r
15-12-2010, 00:15
U talking about the final Dignitas against TLR?, i was on andy's 2nd server and it crashed a couple of times.

They crashed the ettv servers, or did they crash the gameserver aswell?

christmaspwns
15-12-2010, 08:36
crashed both