PDA

View Full Version : Name stealing

[AB]DRMARTENS
11-07-2012, 19:00
Hello Mates,

Is there any way of catching those bastards who steal your name while you're afk? I don't mean security using lock, but getting their IP, ID or something?

Paul
11-07-2012, 19:46
DRMARTENS;15778']Hello Mates,

Is there any way of catching those bastards who steal your name while you're afk? I don't mean security using lock, but getting their IP, ID or something?

You mean people reserving nicknames that are still unreserved and then transfer it to another name?

Jari
11-07-2012, 20:17
i think, he mean when someone fakes his rating!

[AB]DRMARTENS
12-07-2012, 21:06
Yes Jari my mate, that's a proper one. Even tho you're nicks blocked, someone still playing under it. Is getting their, lets say Silent ID's and reporting to server admins the only way of having a chance? But than the bans on that server only.

sosA
12-07-2012, 22:50
you cant stop players from using same name as you do. It is free and users are free of use. Ofc lots of players dont do this due to mutual respect to other players. What you mean is that you want all players that use your name will be banned on all servers, but that is just unrealistic since u need to contact every server admin individual and eventually you wont get the wanted result. This is my reply towards what I understand in this problem you are mentioning.
Just keep your rate locked so it wont get stolen/fucked, and if you can, go to same server as that dude and ask him to change name. no other options imo.

reiseri
13-07-2012, 05:12
make your colorcodes right so you wont get faked. i mean adding (^~-¨) etc to colorcodes.

Singima
23-07-2012, 18:15
i remember you could register your name when pb was still running. Idk now how it is.

Still have the link but you have to pay 1$ per months so 1 year 12$ for players
and for clans its 2$ per month so 24$ year.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=registry.php