PDA

View Full Version : Master server list hacked?

mrmuppet
2-06-2012, 19:48
As stated in the topic, when using the server browser in 2.60b installation, once the server list starts to appear a box opens up to redirect to a server 217.123.25.94:27960 if selecting no it takes you back to the main menu for you to click play online again but once again when the server list starts to appear in redirects you again to the named server.

giriel
2-06-2012, 20:00
I can confirm, will report it to splashdamage.

Dragonji
2-06-2012, 23:59
I hope they'll fix this issue ASAP.

BTW, I'd suggest you to disable rating for this server.

[FBY]obituary
3-06-2012, 00:39
This is quite a nuisance. I have issued a warning to my players to avoid clicking on the "PLAY ONLINE" button as it has been redirected to this "Dutch clan" server. I went on it out of curiosity and it is full of players, most of them sitting in spec complaining bitterly about how they have been hacked. One guy on the server full of victims said he actually reinstalled Windows 7 and his computer is still "hacked" (lol).

This situation needs to be addressed quickly by someone at idsoftware (yeah I know took them three months to fix the master server list). These are mostly new players who will not understand what is going on, and many will uninstall the game and not play ET anymore.

This is the gametracker name of the server owner:

http://www.gametracker.com/vincentadmiraal/

I'm thinking a community ddos / rcon attack is quite warranted in this instance. Someone with some extensive Backtrack experience would be especially welcome.

ALso tell all your newer players to go into their etmain folder and remove this file:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~z.pk3

Then the menu will disappear, and whatever other menu they had will be active again.

[FBY]obituary
3-06-2012, 01:08
More info about it on the splashdamage forums:

http://forums.warchestgames.com/showthread.php/32322-TheDutchServer-you-crossed-the-line-of-norms

[FBY]obituary
3-06-2012, 18:08
He has taken the redirect down. Big thanks to everyone who helped!

:)