PDA

View Full Version : The cm/360 or inch/360 thread :D

MiLkZz
17-05-2012, 13:59
I always considered myself as a medium/high sensitivity player. But after reading some topics, I got curious :p.
Now I found this calculator and measured it in real life on paper too, to see if it is correct and it seems pretty
accurately. So my question to you is: what is your turn distance? :)

Site: http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm

Here is mine:
-Degrees per inch: 197,4
-Degrees per centimeter: 77,7
-Inches per 360: 1,8
-Centimeters per 360: 4,6

ps.: if you don't know your m_yaw, just leave it on default ;)

testforecho
17-05-2012, 17:46
your sens is more than high :P not medium-high I would say ultrahigh...

mine is (I think it's medium sensi):
-Degrees per inch: 27.3
-Degrees per centimeter: 10.7
-Inches per 360: 13.2
-Centimeters per 360: 33.6

anurag007
18-05-2012, 08:15
Mine are :

-Degrees Per Inch :54.2
-Degrees Per Centimeter:21.3
-Inches Per 360:6.6
-Centimeters Per 360:16.9

what they shows us ?

sosA
18-05-2012, 11:36
@anurag

your turn distance

anurag007
18-05-2012, 12:14
@anurag

thanks for telling, m turning speed is slow i think :D
"me ghosta"

testforecho
18-05-2012, 13:20
thanks for telling, m turning speed is slow i think :D
"me ghosta"
Why slow, a lot of players play with around 30-40cm/360, your sensitivity is actually high

If I had to write a definition of low/high mouse sens in ET, I'd say low sens is at least 50cm for a 360degrees turn, 15-20 cm is high sens, med sens is 30-40cm
Actually I don't know how can MiLkZz play with 5cm/360, never heard of anyone playing with such a ridiculously high sensitivity

I know there is no such thing as standard, but now I checked a lot of player sensi on crossfire and not counting nonames or /!\ (for obvious reasons) I saw most players had around 30-40cm for a 360, and those with higher sensi had around 15cm.

Real lowsens players can get even to 80cm for a 360 turn, they can't do a 360 with their whole mouse pad lol ...

MiLkZz
18-05-2012, 13:29
This thread is for people that ask: "What is your sens?" And copy that afterwards, because they asked a good player
so that sensitivity must be good for them too... You can clearly see here that sensitivity is determined by multiple
parameters. So just asking the ingame sensitivity won't help you much. Besides you can also see that everyone plays
with different settings :).

@testforecho: I don't know how you can play with such a ridiculous low sensitivity xd, how can you quickly react?
And you must be burning through your mouse feets :p.

And I used to think that high was only moving your fingertips, so your mouse only moved a couple of millimeters :/.

testforecho
18-05-2012, 16:21
@testforecho: I don't know how you can play with such a ridiculous low sensitivity xd, how can you quickly react?
And you must be burning through your mouse feets :p.

And I used to think that high was only moving your fingertips, so your mouse only moved a couple of millimeters :/.
You call medium sens (30cm) ridiculously low, ridiculously low is 80cm for 360 degrees :D

'ridiculously' low, high etc. means so low or so high that very few, if any, players use it.
Ask around (especially to players who play etpro, not jaymod) and see how many players play with 5cm for a 360, then ask how many play with 30 or 40cm.
If 5cm feels comfortable for you, there is no reason for you to change, but don't tell me it is a common sensitivity... mine is common, (if being common mattered for sensi, it doesn't) ;p

High sens means using your fingers (and in fact people who use palm grip are never high sensers), but there is no need to make a 180 with your fingers only, in 99% of fights your opponent is in front of you, so you never need to cover more than 180 degrees, and normally much less than that. So you don't need to waste precision by covering fight angles that are not likely to happen in game (imho)

When I used to play with highsens (17-18cm for a 360, yes that is called highsens by many players) I used my fingertips for medium-long range fights and to make tiny adjustments, then I used my wrist in close range, and my whole forearm to turn 180. Reaction time is in your brain not in your hand, many players play with 50-60cm for a 360 I don't think they are slow. I am not a good player and I would still be low with 5cm for a 360. Many etpro top aimers play with 40cm and they can react fast enough it seems, or they would change it.

A player with 40cm/360 must move around 1/10th of a millimeter to move 1 pixel. With 5cm/360 you need to move 1/100th of a millimeter for 1 pixel!
That's why not many people use that sens, you need to have an accuracy of 1/100th of a millimeter on your table, in slightly more than 1 cm you cover your whole screen (!), while a player with 'normal' sens covers that area with 10cm on his desk

MiLkZz
18-05-2012, 18:56
I will try this medium sens :). I normally quickly adapt. You got me interested in doing another series of testing xd.
I will post my findings and results here.

And in Jaymod, I sometimes find me turning from left to right at such a quick pace that I can hardly believe you can keep
up with regular medium sens. But I will try and see if it works out for me.

I too do tiny adjustments with my fingertips (I am a claw/palmer just got big hands) and believe it or not, I can move from
pixel to pixel on my screen, although I got to say it is hard to do :). Just lowered my DPI and must say it is easier to move
from pixel to pixel or follow pixel thick shapes.

And yes to get such an accuracy, I keep my mouse feet and mousemat super clean. There is not a single piece of dust on it
that can set the sensor a tiny bit off.

testforecho
18-05-2012, 19:57
I will try this medium sens :). I normally quickly adapt. You got me interested in doing another series of testing xd.
I will post my findings and results here.

If you are comfortable with your sens you shouldn't change it, but trying other settings doesn't hurt

Every time I changed my mouse sens, I noticed I had more or less the same skill and accuracy. After all brain and reaction times play a major role, and you can't change those by changing sens. And every sens has advantages and disadvantages, so they cancel out.
I think if you are good with that superhigh sens you would still be good with medium/high sens. Maybe more consistent.

I play the same with any sens ranging from 15 cm to 50 cm, less than 15 or more than 50 I can't do some trickjumps well, and I don't have enough control.

anurag007
19-05-2012, 07:55
guys,
my aim get much better when i use small aim but when i use medium aim.it's like i can't even kill enemy even if he is in front of me and not moving.
small aim help me to get much headies and can kill better, even if enemies is far away from me

testforecho
19-05-2012, 10:24
guys,
my aim get much better when i use small aim but when i use medium aim.it's like i can't even kill enemy even if he is in front of me and not moving.
small aim help me to get much headies and can kill better, even if enemies is far away from me
Then keep it, you don't have to change your sensitivity just because someone else uses it.

Actually I am not sure about what you mean when you say 'small', you mean low sensitivity? i.e. a small number for your /sensitivity ?
According to the values you posted here your sensitivity is rather high, so you probably don't move your forearm but you just use your fingers/wrist. If you have a small mouse pad, and you don't move your whole arm then it's hard to use a lower sensi.

But as I already said changing your sens won't change your reaction times, if your enemy starts moving right and your brain still believes he's moving left, no sens is going to help you there...

anurag007
19-05-2012, 11:21
Then keep it, you don't have to change your sensitivity just because someone else uses it.

Actually I am not sure about what you mean when you say 'small', you mean low sensitivity? i.e. a small number for your /sensitivity ?
According to the values you posted here your sensitivity is rather high, so you probably don't move your forearm but you just use your fingers/wrist. If you have a small mouse pad, and you don't move your whole arm then it's hard to use a lower sensi.

But as I already said changing your sens won't change your reaction times, if your enemy starts moving right and your brain still believes he's moving left, no sens is going to help you there...

i mean to say,i can take more headshot when i have small aim box tiny. and when i have medium aim box i can't even kill enemy if he is in front of me. :/

bartmen
20-05-2012, 10:51
Thats cause you can move the mouse more accurate with low sens, but its harder to make quick turns.
Also when you change sens it will take a while to get addapt to it since your muscle memmory has to get used to the new sens to.

-Degrees Per Inch :19.8
-Degrees Per Centimeter:7.8
-Inches Per 360:18.2
-Centimeters Per 360:46.2

AromA
5-12-2012, 01:56
-Degrees Per Inch :47.5
-Degrees Per Centimeter:18.7
-Inches Per 360:7.6
-Centimeters Per 360:19.3
Used to play with 10cm per 360m and i consider myself playing better than i do now ;P but not 100% adjusted to this new "sens" yet :p