PDA

View Full Version : Weird or what?

HellfiG
13-05-2012, 22:09
Is this normal from now off?
http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=sessioninfo&idx=41346483

reiseri
14-05-2012, 00:07
if you count avg tsp yourself its pretty high but it doesnt show it on session info. For rating idk whats in it.

SergeXE
14-05-2012, 00:34
I've noticed this on a few sessions on some servers. I believe it has to do with the TBS connecting for that server and not able to scan throughout the whole session, just guessing.

mrmuppet
14-05-2012, 05:42
May be some thing to do with the server running the new rating system, Server version:ET:Legacy 2.70.

I'm sure the guys will be along to explain if there is any issues.

Mccloud
14-05-2012, 05:57
I was never able to get a + rate in TSP anymore, I even manage 33 PPM with it and still lost TSP :D

Paul
14-05-2012, 08:46
That server is indeed running the new-new method. It should be far more accurate then the old TBS connecting. It also includes team-based calculations so have you been in the camping team or something? We're still fine tuning the system now :)

team-ingolf Galaxy
14-05-2012, 10:12
That server is indeed running the new-new method. It should be far more accurate then the old TBS connecting. It also includes team-based calculations so have you been in the camping team or something? We're still fine tuning the system now :)

team-based calculations? so awesome, gotta love u for that

HellfiG
14-05-2012, 11:38
I joined axis.
The second best player on that server at that moment:
http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=playerinfo&idx=3126173
was playing in allies.

Allies won with just +/- 1min left.
So again: I don't understand this.
Nor me, not that Mario guy got rate, and we both lost a lot, while playing in other teams...

Edit: Nobody on that server can get rate anymore.
Edit2: Does it mean now that 'we' CONSTANTLY need to jump from weaker team to weaker team?
Some good Jaymodders, with high rate can carry a team on their own. No matter what team they are playing in, they eventually can make a team get out their spawn, or suppress the other guys at their spawn.
If I'm correct, when you are in a team that can easily spawnkill with a lot of guys (meaning: when a team is CRUSHING the other team), high raters can't rate in that team on those servers, right? They need to be in the weakest team ALWAYS. Making them jump from team to team if they want any kind of rate.
Is this correct?
Would be lame, cus it would force 'us' now to jump even during a map to other team, and maybe force 'us' to do it a couple of times. (or that is my opinion if I would be correct)

MiLkZz
14-05-2012, 13:50
Scared of that too :s

reiseri
14-05-2012, 14:08
we all gonna get owned by TSP

giriel
14-05-2012, 15:25
There is a bug due to which the average PPM and rating does not change (if you look in multiple sessions you can see that)
Next to that the new calculation team calculation is also being tested.

Bear with us fella's we'll be very grateful :)
There is no need to constantly change teams, we just calculate the time you played on each team and let the average of that team count for the time you played on that team. (Was that clear?)

HellfiG
14-05-2012, 17:25
I still understand pretty much the same:
We still have to be in worse team if we want to rate. bugs or no bugs, it's still the same.
Maybe it's not that we have to rejoin another team that much, like I assumed it was. But my best guess is: someone who has +26 rate/+26tsp won't get any rate if he is in a team that is CRUSHING the other team (even to their spawn). Unless he jumps to the other team somwhere during the map. Am I right?

Meanwhile everyone above 20 rate on the 'test server 'ETC|' is losing massively much rate. I'm always pro-tb when you say: now we can see who has skills and who doesn't. But doing 105/18 in 28 mins, and get massive -rate/-tsp, is a little bullshit. Even if the teams are stacked like hell.
So far I'm not seeing the benefit of this system. While I was so looking forward to tsp, when that came out. I've always been positive towards Trackbase, but this time I don't see any point in rating anymore,if it stays like this.
I'm no stacker, but I'm not a teamjumper either. So far, I still see you have to do that, the teamjumping. Unless it all was a big bug.

Or are you guys gonna lower the max rate/tsp?

MiLkZz
14-05-2012, 17:30
meh, rating on FA still normal :)
But you gona get punished by fair teams measurements, because equal amount of people in both
teams makes it impossible to switch. So if you wona join the weaker team you got to ask for a !put.
Better work on my connections than :), because all the raters want a !put (jk).

But still, I don't know how this going to turn out. Gona be really hard to guess when to rate and when
not.

HellfiG
14-05-2012, 17:32
meh, rating on FA still normal :)
But you gona get punished by fair teams measurements, because equal amount of people in both
teams makes it impossible to switch. So if you wona join the weaker team you got to ask for a !put.
Better work on my connections than :), because all the raters want a !put (jk).

But still, I don't know how this going to turn out. Gona be really hard to guess when to rate and when
not.

Thinking the same.
I think the term 'Rating' will become something completely new.

reiseri
14-05-2012, 21:53
you just need frag 20-30 more frags then normal in each 30min map simple the you get + not that hard

and the team-balance thing is very good because of stacking teams.

yaroz
14-05-2012, 21:56
http://et.trackbase.net/?mod=playerinfo&idx=1133811 WTF !? paul u destroy the etc with ur new system i stop rate !!!

Paul
14-05-2012, 22:54
To all guys: there is currently some bug that causes the massive drops... it's not how it's supposted to be. In the mean time I've reverted some sessions giving people their rate 'back'. If I missed people feel free to post here/get me in xfire tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm going to make some fixes :)

Also: TSP will fade out as soon as this 'new' system is working properly. Also F|A and other clans will need to switch binary (F|A will, already spoke with them). Also had contact with YCN-Hosting. It'll be on soon.

relic
15-05-2012, 05:49
switch binary... lol

HellfiG
15-05-2012, 07:05
To all guys: there is currently some bug that causes the massive drops... it's not how it's supposted to be. In the mean time I've reverted some sessions giving people their rate 'back'. If I missed people feel free to post here/get me in xfire tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm going to make some fixes :)

Also: TSP will fade out as soon as this 'new' system is working properly. Also F|A and other clans will need to switch binary (F|A will, already spoke with them). Also had contact with YCN-Hosting. It'll be on soon.
Top rater on that page: me: ctrl-exeve.
Thanks for restoring our rate, which we lost due to bugs.

Paul
15-05-2012, 09:27
switch binary... lol

It's a server binary... players won't notice. It has the same capabilities as the 2.55+ patch only the difference is that this server is patched from known bugs (overflow exploits/server crashing/ different hacks), is highly optimized (server runs much faster) & has TB support. It's possible to compile your own binary 'if you do not trust'.. the source is open :)

Top rater on that page: me: ctrl-exeve.
Thanks for restoring our rate, which we lost due to bugs.

Restored that :)

HellfiG
15-05-2012, 09:30
It's a server binary... players won't notice. It has the same capabilities as the 2.55+ patch only the difference is that this server is patched from known bugs (overflow exploits/server crashing/ different hacks), is highly optimized (server runs much faster) & has TB support. It's possible to compile your own binary 'if you do not trust'.. the source is open :)

Restored that :)

Thanks.
And I so lol'ed when you said:known bugs (overflow exploits/server crashing/ different hacks)
but what does that got to do with bugs?

relic
15-05-2012, 09:30
would be amazed if u got GSP like gameserver.com to have that binary.
where to find the source?

testforecho
15-05-2012, 17:16
Thanks.
And I so lol'ed when you said:known bugs (overflow exploits/server crashing/ different hacks)
but what does that got to do with bugs?
server hacks exploiting different server bugs, what's the lol about it