PDA

View Full Version : Fps problem

anurag007
12-05-2012, 09:43
Hey there,
guys i need your help. m getting 7 fps at every server : jaymod,etpub,etpro(3.2.6)
if you guys know what is the problem please tell me asap
waiting for your replies and also ( i don't have graphic card :D ) xD,tell me 1 that is good

giriel
12-05-2012, 10:27
Enemy territory is purely CPU based so a graphics card should not matter.
I think you had a really bad internet connection?
That combined with being quite distant to the servers I would say that's the main cause of your problem.
How much is your average ping?

Graphic cards themselves are a difficult subject.
What is the amount of money you want to spend?
Also remember that putting a shiny graphics card in an old computer won't do you much good.

anurag007
12-05-2012, 11:05
My computer
Processor : Intel dual cpu 2.40ghz
Ram = 2GB DDR2
HDD- 320gb
Internet speed = 2mbps
Average ping = 270 at every server

testforecho
12-05-2012, 11:51
are you playing without a graphics card? :o
or I misunderstood

MiLkZz
12-05-2012, 13:13
1) high ping, internet speed is kinda slow too --> can be the problem
2) processor should get you 80-120 fps normally
3) RAM is kinda low too, depends of the operating system you are using ofcourse. I recommend to use
gamebooster to deactivate some background programs while playing, that will free up some RAM.
4) HDD, don't know your RPM so can't say much about this, could be your HDD is full perhaps?
A completely filled HDD is really slow.

anurag007
12-05-2012, 15:26
are you playing without a graphics card? :o
or I misunderstood
nahh u got it right m just playing without graphic card :D.

1) high ping, internet speed is kinda slow too --> can be the problem
2) processor should get you 80-120 fps normally
3) RAM is kinda low too, depends of the operating system you are using ofcourse. I recommend to use
gamebooster to deactivate some background programs while playing, that will free up some RAM.
4) HDD, don't know your RPM so can't say much about this, could be your HDD is full perhaps?
A completely filled HDD is really slow.

my hdd have 150gb empty space in it :D. and can you tell good graphic card under 150$

giriel
12-05-2012, 17:43
Could get NVIDIA GTX550 Ti , ATI HD6870/6850 or the HD7700 series for that price.
But I think your CPU & RAM will still be the weak link.

anurag007
13-05-2012, 08:06
Could get NVIDIA GTX550 Ti , ATI HD6870/6850 or the HD7700 series for that price.
But I think your CPU & RAM will still be the weak link.

thanks for graphic card suggestion.
what if i upgrade my pc like
HDD,RAM,and you tell what is needed
HDD - 1 tb
Ram -4gb ddr2
my processor at the time is - 2.40 ghz intel dual cpu :P

testforecho
13-05-2012, 10:31
hdd size and ram won't give you even 1 fps extra.

ET needs few ram it's a 2003 game, it needs less than 512mb of ram, maybe around 300mb, so you can play even with 1gb total, depending on how much ram your operating system and other software use. You have 2gb so np 4 you. Don't just listen to what people say, open et and check how much ram it uses, whoever says ram doesn't have a clue.
As regards a bigger hdd, I don't see how you can get more fps with that, once you load the game and the map it's loaded lol.

What imho counts is cpu speed (ghz) (et is not multithreaded, and it doesn't run on more than 1 core! So don't bother about having one trillion cores, the only advantage would be that other processes can run there, but as for et, no gain from that) and maybe graphics card.

I'd say not much graphics card, I have a radeon hd5670 which is certainly not a top one, gpuz gives me a peak gpu load of 33% while benchmarking an et demo with /timedemo 1, that is, with the game running as fast as possible and not normally, like when you play. That gives you an idea about how much I use my graphics card when I play. Generally not even 1 third of the gpu power is used. My bottleneck is just the cpu ghz (I have less ghz than you -.-).

So, to summarize:
- keep your ram, and hd, and cpu
- buy any cheap graphics card
- play et and have fun :p

edit:
I use Win Xp (for tzac servers) and Linux (for all the others), I don't know how much ram wincrap7 needs to run but I suppose 2gb is still ok

anurag007
13-05-2012, 11:04
thanks all for your help and replies but problem is solved with game booster software :P
i have window 7 and had too many gadgets on my screen, and that's making fps drop :D xD
but now my fps are 70 and 90 and sometimes 125 :D( fucking osum software).
once again thanks all