PDA

View Full Version : ctrl looking for 3on3/6on6

Mccloud
11-04-2012, 04:26
1. Don't care about skill, because i won't be bringing the "ETPro only" guys in my clan.
2. tzac is a must
3. no retards or egos.
4. have server. but if you want we can play on yours too.
5. would be nice if you are registered to clanbase or esl
6. any time and day between 13:00 14:00 15:00 and 16:00 EDT time
7. remember it's a game so have fun and no raging or whining

Hog
11-04-2012, 11:08
I've never done this but I'd like to try it out especially if skill doesn't matter :() What does number 5 mean?

-=KF=-Scooter

_

JoNny
11-04-2012, 11:40
It means that you have an account on http://esl.eu/ or on http://clanbase.com/

Mccloud
11-04-2012, 13:13
I've never done this but I'd like to try it out especially if skill doesn't matter :() What does number 5 mean?

-=KF=-Scooter

_

If it's 3on3 we will probably be low+ max, i'm not looking to win so anyone (even those who are new to scrimming) will play

If it's 6on6 then we will most likely be low+/med- max

and yea what Jonny said, its a site where you can make official matches join ladders etc.

Hog
11-04-2012, 13:34
Ok, cool. You say low+ and med- Not sure where I fall in but for comparison, taking the top 25 players from the global toplist, where are they in relation to your skill description? I choose those because I've seen several of them play and it will give me a general idea of where I stand.

JoNny
11-04-2012, 14:19
well, not all which are in the toplist has gotten a good skill, some of them just have the skill to click the left mouse button (fops with arty)
many do rating with fops and cops,
skill means how many hs you can make so if you know some1 who is maybe low+ then play a 1o1 e.g. on valhalla on an etpro server and check who is better, if you make then many hs and kill him more than he does then you're probably med- ;)

mirqli
11-04-2012, 14:20
Ok, cool. You say low+ and med- Not sure where I fall in but for comparison, taking the top 25 players from the global toplist, where are they in relation to your skill description? I choose those because I've seen several of them play and it will give me a general idea of where I stand.
You can't judge anyone's skill just by rating. Rating is more about raping less skilled players whereas etpro is playing against people which are as good as you. ETpro is also more than just aiming, you gotta be able to work as a team and have some gamesense. Skill is a summary of these three (aim, teamplay and gamesense) factors. But by judging the top 25 players' aim I could say they are low/+/med- (remember they even might be low- if they can't work as a team at all or don't have any gamesense on ETpro)

Spl@$h~
11-04-2012, 14:38
To complete mirqli ,
Each mod has his own skills version , stop comparing etpro or other mods each others.
A jaymod player goes to etpro/NQ/SilenT/ hes lost ... vice versa.

Hog
11-04-2012, 15:40
I understand the idea of being a well rounded player in relation to skill vs. high rater, but for this comparison I was referring to aiming. For example, number 6 rated player P|Lzz, I watched him play field ops without spamming arty on F|A. He had over 240 headshots, and 40+ accuracy when the map ended, he could really aim and slaughtered anyone he met 1v1. Even though some of those other top guys that I've seen are playing medic, they could shoot over 40% and 150+ headshots. To me, these are the best I've ever seen and would have thought they are high skilled.

mirqli
11-04-2012, 15:56
To me, these are the best I've ever seen and would have thought they are high skilled.
You should get into watching ETTV and you'll find out what the real skill is all about. There's a med+/high skilled game coming today if you're interested: http://www.gamestv.org/event/32239-mind-s-pro-gamers-club-vs-devastation/ There's a section "Broadcasted by" when you scroll down abit, a broadcast server will be updated there with ip when it's up and ready to broadcast. Just connect there when the game starts and you can watch the ETpro elite going at it. There's also a NationsCup game coming today if you're interested http://www.gamestv.org/event/32185-finland-vs-poland/ (also a very skilled event)

Hog
11-04-2012, 17:15
You should get into watching ETTV and you'll find out what the real skill is all about. There's a med+/high skilled game coming today if you're interested: http://www.gamestv.org/event/32239-mind-s-pro-gamers-club-vs-devastation/ There's a section "Broadcasted by" when you scroll down abit, a broadcast server will be updated there with ip when it's up and ready to broadcast. Just connect there when the game starts and you can watch the ETpro elite going at it. There's also a NationsCup game coming today if you're interested http://www.gamestv.org/event/32185-finland-vs-poland/ (also a very skilled event)

Thanks mirqli. I'll try to connect and watch. I've only watched videos on youtube of these elite players.

Hog
11-04-2012, 17:17
Apologies to Ryan, I didn't mean to sway your thread in this direction. Sorry dude.

Torte
11-04-2012, 19:05
@hog

u cant copy ur "jaymod skill" to "etpro skill".

its a diff like man & woman.

gl ryan

Jari
11-04-2012, 20:31
Lol torte:P

HellfiG
13-04-2012, 01:45
@hog

u cant copy ur "jaymod skill" to "etpro skill".

its a diff like man & woman.

gl ryan

Yes, you can. Jaymod aim=good? => etpro aim=good.
You just need brains, which you can 'learn to grow' in the way Mrqli described. but basically you need experience.

@ topic: Good idea! I'll be asking to play the 6o6's :D

LaTino
13-04-2012, 08:58
You just need brains

Sounds familiar ^^ trololol

JoNny
13-04-2012, 11:41
lol, the newbies probably try everytime to double-jump by pressing space twice, and then the'll stop etpro bcs they think etpro makes their keyboard broken:d

testforecho
13-04-2012, 12:10
To complete mirqli ,
A jaymod player goes to etpro/NQ/SilenT/ hes lost ... vice versa.
probably, but I remember when I used to play only etpro (skill:low/low+) then I switched to jaymod, the only thing I noticed was more warpers/unhits but I didn't feel lost at all, actually I was much better than the average.

I understand the idea of being a well rounded player in relation to skill vs. high rater, but for this comparison I was referring to aiming.
I haven't played etpro almost at all in the last 2 years, but if nothing has changed I remember that in the best etpro publics the average aiming skill was regarded by everyone as being around low/low+ max, and in fact I got even scores in those servers, and when I played 3on3 I looked for low/low+

Now the rare times I play etpro again I go negative, but imho it is because I'm worse, I doubt that the average skill has increased.
That to give you a general idea, of course you need to know how to play in a team, I am talking about fighting alone

MiLkZz
17-04-2012, 17:40
Etpro is a leanfest + spawn time fest (not hard to learn)
Jaymod is adrenaline speed fest, with people zerging all over your screen (also not hard to learn)

Playstyles are different, but a good player in jaymod shouldn't take to long to get good in etpro too.

And top TSP players are on aiming level med. Teamplay level more often low.
Have seen some low/low+ matches and aiming level wasn't that spectacular...

BossHK
17-04-2012, 21:27
Jaymod is adrenaline speed fest, with people zerging all over your screen (also not hard to learn)

Playstyles are different, but a good player in jaymod shouldn't take to long to get good in etpro too.

ETPro leanfest? o.O Imo not(just dont play braundorf... :p). And the spawntimes are maybe the hardest thing to master at etpro.
Ye playstyles are different but its always easier to come from etpro to jaymod than from jaymod to etpro. Why? Because to win games at etpro you need brains.

Mccloud
17-04-2012, 21:44

lol

MiLkZz
18-04-2012, 14:42
True it is easier to play jaymod, because you don't really need brains there.
Again true, I have played that map a lot :p, but still in comparison to jaymod, many lean.

Spawn timers, I dunno, just test some maps and see where you can get at a certain time.
Write those seconds on paper, practice them. Some even use a config for it, that takes all
the skill out of it. But it can be hard yes, still tactics and positioning are harder to learn.
Because you got to 'feel' the game to get those right.

JoNny
18-04-2012, 15:17
Agree with ryan:lol

Mccloud
18-04-2012, 16:05
True it is easier to play jaymod, because you don't really need brains there.
Again true, I have played that map a lot :p, but still in comparison to jaymod, many lean.

Spawn timers, I dunno, just test some maps and see where you can get at a certain time.
Write those seconds on paper, practice them. Some even use a config for it, that takes all
the skill out of it. But it can be hard yes, still tactics and positioning are harder to learn.
Because you got to 'feel' the game to get those right.

Only someone with no brain don't know how to get a spawn time done. really it's not hard.

having a config to get a spawn doesn't take any skill out of it, most high skilled players have configs for this. it's just common sense and if you know how to do it in your cfg then that takes a bit of skill cause some don't even know how to make their configs by start, some just spam for a cfg or beg for one.

if you're playing supply and axis spawn 30 and allies spawn 20. and map time is 15:00, and they spawn 39, then they spawn at 39, some just don't know how to count and they are confused when they spawn.

MiLkZz
18-04-2012, 23:19
Just want to add 1 thing because we are offtopic and don't wona spam your topic :).
I am talking about playing in etpro servers and doing good there, not scrimming. Because
scrimming is a totally different story.

The gap between Pub and Scrimming is so big :/, it is almost like they are 2 different games.
Getting in the scrim environment is pretty hard, and make it more accessible and promote it a
bit will give a boost to ET I think.

anurag007
20-04-2012, 13:14
do you guys allow low skiller to play with you :P
my name at etpro servers : Lowskillguy
my skill - low :/

HellfiG
23-04-2012, 00:19
do you guys allow low skiller to play with you :P
my name at etpro servers : Lowskillguy
my skill - low :/

I know you from nbs.
You're not low- in aim, that's for sure.

anurag007
23-04-2012, 20:10
I know you from nbs.
You're not low- in aim, that's for sure.
lol hellfig then what my skills are ???

Mccloud
23-04-2012, 22:11
lol hellfig then what my skills are ???

I've seen you as well on nbs, you are like low/-, on a good day low+ but you lack game sense, sometimes you get backraped easily but afterall it is NBS, camping noobs are all over the place

anurag007
24-04-2012, 08:02
I've seen you as well on nbs, you are like low/-, on a good day low+ but you lack game sense, sometimes you get backraped easily but afterall it is NBS, camping noobs are all over the place
true and +1 for camper noobs :P

testforecho
24-04-2012, 09:59
lol this thread has become a thread about skill...

If skill follows a normal distribution (like all other human abilities/features) then it should be something like that:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6509/distribution.gif

But that doesn't explain how come that on etpro publics almost everyone is low+/- with a few meds and the occasional high, no poke and no afk-skill, I guess they give up or they go to jaymod, so only the upper part of the curve is there.

That makes sense also because if you start playing video games in the first place (and you keep playing) then you need to have a bit of reflexes to begin with, so the lower part of the population is not there at all.

Patriot
24-04-2012, 10:34
Oh that would make me a minority then :D

only 2.1 % at the same skilllevel

sosA
27-04-2012, 10:28

sosA
27-04-2012, 10:29
Since this topic got a different direction than as it was intended to:

1. Don't care about skill, because i won't be bringing the "ETPro only" guys in my clan.
2. tzac is a must
3. no retards or egos.
4. have server. but if you want we can play on yours too.
5. would be nice if you are registered to clanbase or esl
6. any time and day between 13:00 14:00 15:00 and 16:00 EDT time
7. remember it's a game so have fun and no raging or whining