PDA

View Full Version : EvenBalance Punkbuster

-TWC|#Chaos|Nms
8-04-2012, 16:40
Hello,

Someone of our clan made a petition to evenbalance that they will support ET again with Punkbuster.

http://www.change.org/petitions/evenbalance-support-wolfenstein-enemy-territory-again

It probably won't help alot but hey, why not give it a try.
I hope you can all spread it out and sign it.

Chaos.

Sapientia
8-04-2012, 21:56
signed :D

Jari
9-04-2012, 00:44
i agree=d

LaTino
9-04-2012, 00:56
signed

HellfiG
9-04-2012, 12:30
Signed for sure!

Jemstar
10-04-2012, 09:47
Done :)

anurag007
11-04-2012, 14:47
we need pb for sure :D. ( even i was a cheater also but not anymore :D ) signed :D

mirqli
11-04-2012, 15:46
This could have more effect if you posted it on crossfire (http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=forum&mode=view&id=1) and splashdamage (http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/32-Wolfenstein-Enemy-Territory?) forums aswell.

sosA
15-04-2012, 04:21
Not more than 50 players share this opinion... Rest of ET all cheating/pro cheating or what...?

-TWC|#Chaos|Nms
15-04-2012, 20:18
Not more than 50 players share this opinion... Rest of ET all cheating/pro cheating or what...?

I think so.

Chaos.

Radegast
15-04-2012, 22:46
sosA: I would just be repeating myself, so in case you missed the discussion on SplashDamage, here is the link:

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/32174-EvenBalance-Punkbuster?p=397520

Briefly: should PB be enabled?
PROS:

admins have less work to do with cheaters

CONS:

admins have more work to do with hackers
unreasonable lags
unwarranted kicks
the game is stuck in 2006 without any hope for progress

sosA
15-04-2012, 23:12
Still agree on hellreturn his statement there. but no need to open the discussion about it here. Was just making a point about the anti cheat system and how many would support one.

gullygaza
19-04-2012, 12:17
no thanks

MiLkZz
19-04-2012, 12:55
True, it made servers lag...
And most servers are highly moderated, so not sure I want it back.

I signed it though,

Hy0...
21-04-2012, 18:06
Signed, I don't think it really made servers lag but anyways

HellfiG
25-04-2012, 14:47
Or maybe get Tzac on non-etpro servers?
That would be fun :D

anurag007
26-04-2012, 15:49
Or maybe get Tzac on non-etpro servers?
That would be fun :D
+1 for that

Patriot
26-04-2012, 16:02
Tzac is dead afaik, when was last ban made there? no support etc etc

I have punkbuster enabled on some servers stil and have them streamed at PBBans stil, i dont think pb makes ppl lag tbh, bad pb configs on servers makes ppl lag.

anyway its history now.

from now its relying on how good admins are to see and spot cheaters, which can be a very hard task. an thats a ungratefull job tbh.

well thats life and crying for struff from the past wont help

MiLkZz
30-04-2012, 17:00
Can't others take over tzac and keep developing it?

daredevil
30-04-2012, 20:35
Can't others take over tzac and keep developing it?

No, it's closed source.

I bet 100% that Evenbalance is not going to support ET again unless someone will pay for it. Welcome to real world.

Jari
2-05-2012, 00:09
yepp, daredevil is right.

bartmen
7-05-2012, 17:47
Even the last few years pb was supported almost none had pb enabled on there servers, cause of the lag and it stoped almost no cheats. Why want it back? at this time admins would catch more cheaters then pb would do.

MiLkZz
7-05-2012, 20:04
Well it can help relax those kiddies that go like: "hu, you are a hacker! Bla bla bla blaa bla blaah bla!"

Because those are irritating :(

daredevil
7-05-2012, 23:06
Even the last few years pb was supported almost none had pb enabled on there servers, cause of the lag and it stoped almost no cheats. Why want it back? at this time admins would catch more cheaters then pb would do.

Sorry, i always had PB on my server when it was supported and i know for sure many many other servers did had it enabled.

And PB was catching cheaters nicely. The half fail of PB came due to community. PB never supported 2.55 or 2.55+. It was catching cheaters very nicely for 2.6b and even without support for 2.55 it busted more then 2000+ cheaters on our servers.

daredevil
7-05-2012, 23:06

Sorry, i always had PB on my server when it was supported and i know for sure many many other servers did had it enabled.

And PB was catching cheaters nicely. The half fail of PB came due to community. PB never supported 2.55 or 2.55+. It was catching cheaters very nicely for 2.6b and even without support for 2.55 it busted more then 2000+ cheaters on our servers.

sosA
7-05-2012, 23:46
Since when can admins see little tweeks in cfgs which are atm not being filtered by pb.
Btw, like on some servers ppl get banned for 50% acc? Thats better than pb?

Patriot
8-05-2012, 09:11

We always had PB on our servers when it was supported, still do on some of them, and No we dont have lag caused by that.
Our streaming to PBBans still catches cheaters, hacks that was known before is still beeing catched.

and there are no admins that can say with certainty that an experienced cheater using a multihack with humanised aim is cheating, aslong as they know how to not aim directly at ppl behind walls

listning to all the ppl crying about how pb always causes lag is just, well annoying, lag was caused by serveradmins that setup their pb wrong, but what is worser is to see ppl saying that some random nub with a little experience can catch all cheats, thats not true.

Ive been playing this game since release nonstop, ive been a serveradmin 8+ years, been referee on Clanbase wars in the past, been part of PBBans as a streaming admin for ages, been looking at thousands off pbss's and viewed hundreds of demoes, and consider myself pretty fair in detecting cheats, but there has been lots of incidents where i been uncertain of a player, and if im uncertain, i dont ban, a few of them has sonce been caught by pb, but many of them havent, so maybe they just were good?, i dont know and cant say, but so cant no other admin. so stop that crap about cheatbusting admins that spots it all.

I never ban for cheat unless im absolutely certain, dosent almost never use ban tbh, but if i did i would do it as im suggesting in my hint here below

hint:
if i had a server today that was frequented by ppl i had a suspicion to, and they kept comming back and destroying server, i personally wouldnt ban them for cheats, that would just be giving them a reason to start whine in different forums and threads.

I would ban them like this --> !ban whoever for beeing to l337 for this server
then they can brag about it, but cant hardly whine anywere about it, and result is the same i gets them off my server

bartmen
8-05-2012, 11:12
We always had PB on our servers when it was supported, still do on some of them, and No we dont have lag caused by that.
Our streaming to PBBans still catches cheaters, hacks that was known before is still beeing catched.

and there are no admins that can say with certainty that an experienced cheater using a multihack with humanised aim is cheating, aslong as they know how to not aim directly at ppl behind walls

listning to all the ppl crying about how pb always causes lag is just, well annoying, lag was caused by serveradmins that setup their pb wrong, but what is worser is to see ppl saying that some random nub with a little experience can catch all cheats, thats not true.

Ive been playing this game since release nonstop, ive been a serveradmin 8+ years, been referee on Clanbase wars in the past, been part of PBBans as a streaming admin for ages, been looking at thousands off pbss's and viewed hundreds of demoes, and consider myself pretty fair in detecting cheats, but there has been lots of incidents where i been uncertain of a player, and if im uncertain, i dont ban, a few of them has sonce been caught by pb, but many of them havent, so maybe they just were good?, i dont know and cant say, but so cant no other admin. so stop that crap about cheatbusting admins that spots it all.

I never ban for cheat unless im absolutely certain, dosent almost never use ban tbh, but if i did i would do it as im suggesting in my hint here below

hint:
if i had a server today that was frequented by ppl i had a suspicion to, and they kept comming back and destroying server, i personally wouldnt ban them for cheats, that would just be giving them a reason to start whine in different forums and threads.

I would ban them like this --> !ban whoever for beeing to l337 for this server
then they can brag about it, but cant hardly whine anywere about it, and result is the same i gets them off my server

There are almost no humanized bots that pb will catch, it only catches old cheats, you know how many kids were playing with cracked etbots or whitelight seen so many of them the last 1-2 years pb supported ET, and if you contact a server admin aboutre it they just say we know him he doesnt cheat while they are so obvious.

I never said admins could catch them all but they can (if you have some good ones) catch more cheats that are used these days then pb.

And about the ban of players who you think they cheat, sure its good for your ego the 1st few times, but its strating to get frustrated after that and there is no way to convince most admins your clean, im demoing almost every map i play to avoid some one banning me over a crapy xfire vid (wich unfortunately still happens) so i can give them some kind of better to watch proof but even that is a fail most times.

Patriot
8-05-2012, 11:36
Thats what you got wrong mate, i never ban ppl i think cheat, i ban when im certain they cheat
and its true pb hasnt been good at bought hacks, but pbbans has done decent there in the past

well pb given up support so its kinda redundant to argue about it, i just keep on a few servers because i still have faith that it will catch many off the old cheats out there

try look for qubenet players sundays and wednesdays mate, thats the days we play, youll face decent competition and dont have to be afraid of getting kicked, we hopes to see skilled ppl on our servers, makers the game more enjoyable