PDA

View Full Version : Post the name of your favorite maps

daredevil
4-03-2012, 08:50
Feel free to share here which maps you guys like most.

Mccloud
4-03-2012, 11:47
SW_Goldrush, supply, bremen, reactor, SW_Battery, Radar, Caen, Village (rtcw) and Erdenberg

Onni:]
4-03-2012, 12:49
MLB Daybreak, Subway, Haunted Mansion, Fueldump, Alienz Base, Special Delivery, Tank Buster and V2 Base :)

csl
4-03-2012, 13:19
Not in any particular order.

Adlernest
Frostbite
Braundorf
Supply
Siwa
Goldrush
Minas
Marakesh Night
MLB Temple

Scarhand
4-03-2012, 16:05
Caen, goldrush, supply depot, adlernest, marakesh

SergeXE
4-03-2012, 17:46
In no particular order as well:

bremen
braundorf
adlernest
special delivery
beer run
minastirith
helmsdeep(can't seem to find a populated server with it today) :\
hydro dam(same as above, fun map)
fuel depot
supply depot
venice
fueldump
mechatronics
praetoria
raiders
tc_base
den of lions(same as above, fun old rtcw map)
oil kombinat
castle attack
mlb temple

Shownie
4-03-2012, 21:55
Oh there are a lot of good maps, but also funny maps, both good and funny maps are more rare.

Official maps
Radar
Oasis
Goldrush

Custom maps
Carentan
Warbell
Caen
Supply Depot
Marrakech Streets
Bremen
Braundorf
Adlernest

I am sure there are more, but these are the one I think of when a new map loads or what I look for when it is Map-Voting :)

Shagileo
5-03-2012, 02:24
Kha Ran Than, et_carentan :D

*sniff* @ shownie @ custom maps list

the original maps are swesome, but there are NUMEROUS custom maps out there I love as well.
Breakout 2, V2 base, Haunted Mansion, Reserrection (xD, nono Resurrection), Kungfu Grip (oh boy that's some time ago), Cortex beta, Praetoria maps ... etc

Shownie
5-03-2012, 16:05
Hehe, I don't even know the names of most maps I play and enjoy, that makes it hard to look them up when I want to play them.. :D

{WeB}*GANG$TA*
17-03-2012, 12:41
My fave maps list will contain maps you've may not have even heard of, but I suggest that you download them and test them yourselves, they are a ton of fraggin' fun and far superior to the small, boring frag maps you that you find on most servers today.

MLB Daybreak final

Praetoria-Mission Two: Hell on Wheels

Capuzzo Airport

Castle Eltz

Adlerhorst TE final

MLB Egypt final

Breakout 2 different versions

Carentan beta2

UJE Ambush different versions

Eagles 2 alpha6

Tiger Dump beta7

MML Helmsdeep beta4

UJE 00 final

MML Minas Tirith

MLB Beach final

Wolken 3 beta5

We have all these maps and many more on our server, so if you want to test them feel free to join us. And by the way, before you join our server please remember that hitsounds are disabled, medics can't self-heal for 10 seconds and we have forced cvars in place too, we play the game the way it was meant to be played. If you can't handle that then please frag on the usual servers that are really just designed as nothing more than a frag zone for players who just want to shoot other players and get "all excited" when looking at their gaylord stats.

Shagileo
18-03-2012, 01:01
Great set of maps indeed !
Might pay your server a visit

... for players who just want to shoot other players and get "all excited" when looking at their gaylord stats.

I lol'd :D

ronsu
18-03-2012, 14:27
Oasis
Warbell
Hotchkiss
Marrakech streets
Caen
+ A ton of other maps I can't think of right now, and trickjump maps such as bounce and airwaves.. :whistling:

These are just some that popped up when I was thinking of the best times I've had playing ET.

All in all I like maps well made. I respect the time and effort people have put in their maps and hope new maps would still surface at a constant rate to keep ET kicking.

Mccloud
19-03-2012, 02:32
hitsounds are disabled, medics can't self-heal for 10 seconds and we have forced cvars in place too, we play the game the way it was meant to be played. If you can't handle that then please frag on the usual servers that are really just designed as nothing more than a frag zone for players who just want to shoot other players and get "all excited" when looking at their gaylord stats.
the way the game is supposed to be played is etpro settings imo mainly scrims. since you work as a team and complete the obj. those settings just sound like an anti-rate server. not "the way the game is supposed to be played"

Sapientia
19-03-2012, 09:10
indeed sir.

{WeB}*GANG$TA*
19-03-2012, 12:54
the way the game is supposed to be played is etpro settings imo mainly scrims......

http://i.imgur.com/uEZtI.jpg

Wrong. That's the way competitions are meant to be played, not fraggin' on public servers where the vast majority of players and maps are to be found.

............those settings just sound like an anti-rate server. not "the way the game is supposed to be played"

Wrong again. Those settings are put in place by us to ensure fair play and team play are given the highest priority. Players like you may focus on your "precious" ratings, we, however, focus on a love for the game and how it should most definitely be played.

Mccloud
19-03-2012, 14:22
http://i.imgur.com/uEZtI.jpg

Wrong. That's the way competitions are meant to be played, not fraggin' on public servers where the vast majority of players and maps are to be found.

Wrong again. Those settings are put in place by us to ensure fair play and team play are given the highest priority. Players like you may focus on your "precious" ratings, we, however, focus on a love for the game and how it should most definitely be played.
I don't focus on rating, you don't have any idea what kind of player I am, that just shows how ignorant you are. I rate once every 2 or 3 days. i'm mostly playing etpro now. so that's something you have wrong there i would use your own pic but cba.

2nd, there is many public etpro servers like this one http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=serverinfo&idx=23

that's not in any way competitive or for frags as you call it. they disallow spawnkill and selfkill (most frag servers dont even have this rule) on that server and its original maps + people play for the obj. and it's etpro. alot of servers are like this I just made example of how the game is supposed to be played, teamwork and objective (Like how scrimming is) so in short I'm agreeing with you how the game is played but not with those settings.

Also becaue it's called "ETPro" the mod's name doesn't mean it has to be competitive in anyway just showing more how ignorant you are. so before you come across me like you know me or everything about this game. do a little research or try out some pro servers and you will see what I'm talking about

Jari
19-03-2012, 18:31
i agree with ryan!

{WeB}*GANG$TA*
20-03-2012, 00:53
Also becaue it's called "ETPro" the mod's name doesn't mean it has to be competitive in anyway just showing more how ignorant you are. so before you come across me like you know me or everything about this game. do a little research.............

Do a little research? What a joke. I've played this game, ran clans and servers since day 1 and before that we played Return to Castle Wolfenstein, so don't try and lecture me as if you know more about WolfET than I do. You whine on about how ratings don't interest you and then, in the same sentence, admit you check them every 2 days. Our settings are the best there are on ANY server, whether you like them or not.

Harp on all you want about ETPro, but at the end of the day it's a competition mod and should never be used on a public server, end of story.

{web}*dog*
20-03-2012, 01:32
Hitsounds are crap they always were and always will be i thought this thread was about maps.... if you play as a covert op and hitsounds are engaged then you can be hit because someone is just blazing they know they have hit a covert, they are a cheat nothing more nothing less...:evil:

Mccloud
20-03-2012, 08:13
Do a little research? What a joke. I've played this game, ran clans and servers since day 1 and before that we played Return to Castle Wolfenstein, so don't try and lecture me as if you know more about WolfET than I do. You whine on about how ratings don't interest you and then, in the same sentence, admit you check them every 2 days. Our settings are the best there are on ANY server, whether you like them or not.

Harp on all you want about ETPro, but at the end of the day it's a competition mod and should never be used on a public server, end of story.
lol'd that's why your servers are full of bots when I last visit there :P

20-03-2012, 08:56
Regular settings with medics allowed ftw! I've played all my years only Etpub and jaymod and I've always been happy with rambomedics and hitsounds... Panzerfaust disabled is good though.

Oh and you should post favorite maps here:)

stars*
20-03-2012, 09:09
;13168']I've always been happy with rambomedics and hitsounds... Panzerfaust disabled is good though.

You need to get Buttraped to rage on medics and hitsounds.
Actually i only know one clan who had a server w/o hitboxes and in the end they were caught as hackers LOL

But back to Maps.
Im not a fan of big laggy maps or the most nowdays looking maps.
I like Supply, Braundorf, Adler, Warbell, Baserace, Saberpeak, Base, Frost, Radar...

20-03-2012, 14:34
You need to get Buttraped
<.<

{WeB}*GANG$TA*
21-03-2012, 16:15
What exactly happened here in this thread after I made my first post? Did the local circus just roll into town and I now have the misfortune of addressing the clowns' section?

;13168'] Oh and you should post favorite maps here:)

Not anymore, you sarcastic troll. You and the rest of the Rambo Medic Brigade have chosen to use this thread to attack my Clan and I will defend it.

lol'd that's why your servers are full of bots when I last visit there :P

Well you haven't been on there for the past 2 days, wise guy, because we were there and we never saw you, a true blessing when you come to think about it :lol: . Our server is primarily for Clan members, the only other players we're really concerned about are the new ones playing WolfET, (before they join a server and end up meeting you and the rest of the stat-whores and ditching the game for good due to your selfish behaviour) and the few like-minded players like ourselves who have been playing the game for some time. We are only interested in quality, not quantity, when it comes to players on our server.

;13168']Regular settings with medics allowed ftw! I've played all my years only Etpub and jaymod and I've always been happy with rambomedics and hitsounds... Panzerfaust disabled is good though.

You actually admit to that selfish mindset in public? You truly have no self-respect or shame, do you? It's due to people like you that many new players simply quit the game for good. You and your stat-whoring crew, camped at the enemy spawn exit like vultures on a rotting carcass. I loathe your existence in WolfET. The usual Rambo Medic whine from you, of course, in reference to the panzerfaust. I can see you now, the roar of the panzer in your ears, "OMFG MY KD STATS!", as the shell blows your useless Rambo corpse all over the map. Geez, I'd pay to watch that :lol: .

You need to get Buttraped to rage on medics and hitsounds.

How old are you, little Stars? Judging from your comments and behaviour I'm guessing 13, right? We "rage" about Rambo Medics and the hitsounds cheat because, not only are they killing the game, they have absolutely no rightful place in the game when it's played in the proper manner. Something you know very little about.

But back to Maps.
I like.......Baserace.......

http://i.imgur.com/59Bb1.gif

A "run 'n' gun" designed for the under-10's, need I say any more :eeks: :lol: ?

Mccloud
22-03-2012, 10:25
What exactly happened here in this thread after I made my first post? Did the local circus just roll into town and I now have the misfortune of addressing the clowns' section?

Not anymore, you sarcastic troll. You and the rest of the Rambo Medic Brigade have chosen to use this thread to attack my Clan and I will defend it.

Well you haven't been on there for the past 2 days, wise guy, because we were there and we never saw you, a true blessing when you come to think about it :lol: . Our server is primarily for Clan members, the only other players we're really concerned about are the new ones playing WolfET, (before they join a server and end up meeting you and the rest of the stat-whores and ditching the game for good due to your selfish behaviour) and the few like-minded players like ourselves who have been playing the game for some time. We are only interested in quality, not quantity, when it comes to players on our server.

You actually admit to that selfish mindset in public? You truly have no self-respect or shame, do you? It's due to people like you that many new players simply quit the game for good. You and your stat-whoring crew, camped at the enemy spawn exit like vultures on a rotting carcass. I loathe your existence in WolfET. The usual Rambo Medic whine from you, of course, in reference to the panzerfaust. I can see you now, the roar of the panzer in your ears, "OMFG MY KD STATS!", as the shell blows your useless Rambo corpse all over the map. Geez, I'd pay to watch that :lol: .

How old are you, little Stars? Judging from your comments and behaviour I'm guessing 13, right? We "rage" about Rambo Medics and the hitsounds cheat because, not only are they killing the game, they have absolutely no rightful place in the game when it's played in the proper manner. Something you know very little about.

http://i.imgur.com/59Bb1.gif

A "run 'n' gun" designed for the under-10's, need I say any more :eeks: :lol: ?

It seems like you are upset about something, we can all speak our mind here on what we like or what we think. and you sound very cocky and arrogant to think since you played this game from day 1 you know what's a "cheat" and what settings are the best and or maps. you can keep bringing up the rambo medic rating insult but that just makes you sound stupid to every player you haven't even played against/with

He said "I have been always happy" if that's his opinion on what he thinks is good why are you insulting him by saying "You actually admit to that selfish mindset in public? You truly have no self-respect or shame" self-respect and no shame? lol you take this game way too fucking serious. mastermind of et since you know. ET is made by the quake engine which was a frag-only type of game right? if people have played quake or like similar games like quake why do you hate on people who likes to get kills? look who is the one whining here now. no one is telling you how to run your servers or how to play the game. you whine-on about how this kind of behavior is killing ET, maybe for people like you. but as long as people are finding ways to have fun in this game it won't die. and you are obviously killing that mood for them by talking a bunch of bullshit.

"Hitsounds a cheat" ok. I was never kicked or PBBanned for using them but since you've played this game from day 1 i guess its a cheat
"Defending my clan" no one was even insulting your clan. read again how this started we didn't even mention web.

"A run n gun designed for under-10s" you sound like a retard and yet again shows how ignorant you are. we don't have to like your maps you don't have to like ours. as I said about kills you don't have to like the way we have fun either.

and my rating activity is really none of your business. I dunno why I said it to you anyways. I do it to pass time. real raters rate every day or every hour of the day, I don't need to rate like this because rating is not my world. I love playing for the objective this is why I scrim alot. plus scrimming brings alot of good friendships since we are always talking and sometimes going off topic about the game and shoot out some jokes here and there. its great stuff way better than rating but not always i have teammates for scrimming so what I do on the side? I rate a map or 2. so its not "admitting about caring for rating" if i cared it would be the only thing I did in et.

About me visiting your server, I don't use my name for such a server. played there again and it was full of bots and maybe 1 or 2 real players for the past 3 hours. wondering how you are saving et with these "best settings there ever was" when there is 3/5 max real players playing and FA having like 50 players a day with its "rambo medic frag-style" type of settings.

hmmmm......

Patriot
22-03-2012, 13:27
Depends on what mood im in.

Fun gaming --> Minas Tirith and Helms Deep

For more serious game --> Supply, Adlernest, Frostbite, Radar

Shagileo
22-03-2012, 14:21
Please stay on topic - further non-related posts will be removed, thank you

{web}*dog*
22-03-2012, 17:36
Mine would Be