PDA

View Full Version : Cheap servers high quality good support

iceqbi
8-02-2012, 22:40
Hello, I recently joined http://wolfa-hosting.eu and I wanted to offer all you ET gamers cheap and good servers. With instant setup of the servers, we got 1gbit servers for no lag, the specs of the first server are.

Intel Xeon i7 W3520
4x2(HT)x2.66+ GHz
8 MB L2 - QPI 4.8 GT/sec
Virtualisation: VT Instructions
Turbo Boost Technology @ 2.93GHz

RAM 24 GB DDR3

Guaranteed bandwidth: 1 Gbps **

We also got 3 locations, NL,DE and UK you can instantly change locations. Also Live support if you need anything. We can help you with anything, like if you are new to servers we'll setup your server just as you wish to have it.

We got 1Gbps to make it harder for people to DDoS the servers also.

(url) [wolfa-hosting.eu] check it out ;)

And feel free to test one of the servers for pings and to find that they don't lag ;)

94.23.148.220:26000 - Jaymod public server. ( 2.55+ )

94.23.148.220:1337 - Another ETPro test server if you would like to test it. ( 2.60b )

We are currently in progress with this game hosting company. But we will host you the game you want, for the cheapest price on the marked.

Rudi
9-02-2012, 12:01
Your server(s) are with OVH, which certainly does not mean lag-free in any sense of the matter.

1GBps or not, OVH's network is filled with Torrent clients/seedboxes and the quality of the traffic is extremely low. So whilst fast, response times (ie. ping) is still fairly high. This is even more amplified from you only having a basic server with them, the QoS is automatically lowered / de-prioritised.

I'm not saying you offer a bad service or anything, just don't get hung up on the 1GBps shit, because that's only connectivity with the internal network.

iceqbi
9-02-2012, 12:09
Thats not really true, i've tested the connection myself to the internet. I've tried downloading big files and uploading big files and its way over 100mbit.

Rudi
9-02-2012, 12:20
Like I said, the connection may be fast (but 100mbit != 1gbit), but the QoS is low.

That said though, depending on just where you are in Europe (ie. if you're bordering France) I'm sure you'd still get a pretty decent ping. Albeit one that could be extremely variable.

JoNny
9-02-2012, 12:40
Good luck with it! :)