PDA

View Full Version : Linking reserved names?

Storm[HUN]
31-01-2012, 17:29
Greetings!

I wonder if it is possible to link reserved player names so that they share the same stats and rating, so I can play with either and having only one set of stats? I would like to do that if possible.

If not, I would like to suggest it as a new feature. I know some player keep up different identities where it comes handy to them to have them separated but many player only change name out of mood, or change some tags or such, and if they do so they will end up with many different "players" which doesn't make much sense.

Best wishes,
Storm

Scarhand
31-01-2012, 22:23
It is desired to prevent clan hopping, and there is a penalty to transferring to a name of a different clan. It would have to automatically check a user for clan participation and deduct rate for it to prevent clan hopping.

Spl@$h~
1-02-2012, 15:47
Yup Scarhand is right , and someone already posted that suggestion moment ago.
It's not doable.

Storm[HUN]
4-02-2012, 15:38
No no, I am not talking about Clans. I am talking about changes in names, and not messing with clantags.

For example: |>B<|Storm[HUN] is my normal name. However, sometimes I played as |>B<|Nietzsche just for fun. There the clan tag is the same, and both is me so why should it be registered as two different players? Also we have members who tend to change their name now and then, often just so small changes as adding a :) to the end, or replacing a latter with a number, etc. One example is: |>B<|Assassin & |>B<|Assassin+

Now if one wants to be tracked properly, they cannot ever change their name. Like, I found it fun to play as |>B<|Nietzsche but if I do again, that means my main name won't get the stats, even though I would change the name for fun (actually a pun, as we have a member named |>B<|God, so when I play against him I tend to be Nietzsche. :P ) and not to hide my true identity.

Best wishes,
Storm

Koiranpentu
4-02-2012, 16:30
Storm; Assassin and Assassin+ are not a same person. Assassin is a Finn and Assassin+ a Dutch. Assassin has been much longer in B than Assassin+.

But idd this feature would be good. I have two nicks with |>B<| tag: |>B<|puppy and |>B<|Koiranpentu. And there are other persons too who have more than one name in same clan/community.