PDA

View Full Version : new etmaster server trouble

hanz_klozz
27-01-2012, 06:03
yo
since im using mac and the mac 2.60B .exe file isnt working on my computer coz my computers so old im forced to change the hosts file. but how can i change the hosts file is my question? if anyone has a newb guide on how to do this id be more than happy
thank you :)

giriel
27-01-2012, 23:52
I have no Mac myself but this movie seems to explain it fairly well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn2yPY6nNHY&feature=related

hanz_klozz
31-01-2012, 06:45
giriel thank you for ur reply but unfortuanetly it doesnt work, my mac is so old it doesnt have a hosts file in the area where im told where i would find it. 18th birthdays coming soon so i hope for new computer crossing my fingers!

hanz_klozz
31-01-2012, 07:10
matter of fact i fixed this some other way
http://support.apple.com/kb/ta27291
through that link i was able to create a new hosts file and edit it.
I feel like this should be added to the main part of the new server fix on the main page for Macs

Im gunna create my own interpretation for mac users to use for Mac users
first one must access Application/Utilities/NetInfo Manager
then one must click on the lower left of the NetInfo Manager screen "Click lock to make changes", pretty much click on the lock and one must type in there password for their user account and they will be able to make changes
after all that has been done one must click on the machines link in the middle column
once one is there they will see broacasthost, and localhost
click on the localhost and go to Edit and click duplicate
now one will have a copy of their localhost copy except it will be named "localhost copy"
now click on the localhost copy and edit the ip address delete it and replace it with the ip address given to us by the new et master server provider, the ip address is 91.220.53.73
now one must edit the name, delete localhost and replace it with etmaster.idsoftware.com
once one is done with that simply delete the serves part and click save, then one will be prompted with update these changes, click "ok"
and boom you're done with editing ur host file

hanz_klozz
31-01-2012, 07:12
unfortunaetly my previous method doesnt work at the moment, i am trying to figure out another one.

hanz_klozz
31-01-2012, 07:23
doesnt work as of right now. ill try and figure it out later