PDA

View Full Version : Ideas?

Patriot
18-01-2012, 11:56
Im leaving this message on different ET related forums

If that masterserver stays down we need to have an alternative plan pretty fast

masterserver beeing down will mean that we will miss the constant stream of new ppl into the game as we have had til now.

So im afraid the only ppl playing is ppl that know howto connect to an ip or has heard of crossfire.nu, splatterladder, trackbase etc etc which basically its the ppl playing now.

So we are looking at a playerbase that are only getting smaller from this moment

My idea would be somthing like making an arrangement between clans and communities, and get an addon to the game made that points ppl to the servers provided by these clans and communities. and get that addon intergrated in the et's we all have in our download sections

it could be somthing that opens a list of servers divided into mods, a bunch of servers from every mod running.

That will mean that all clans and communities involved would have to put aside petty disagreements in order to save our beloved game

downsides are:
the servers on the list has to be kept online (thats if we cant make another "masterserver")
It makes it very very hard for new clans to start servers

if any clan or community are interested in this or somthing else I would be willing to participate for our clan

we have no intention on shutting down our servers, they have been around since 2003 and will still be after this blow.

my xfire is patriotqube catch me if interested.

but let me be frank, if your not in a clan or in a community that has proven their stability for a very long period, im not interested.

lets hear

Paul
18-01-2012, 13:10
We could write a masterserver and open it for public, only problem is that players will still resolve to the old not-working master.

Patriot
18-01-2012, 13:16
well yeah but im afraid ID own the rights for that

which is why im talking about a small addon in some forum

Paul
18-01-2012, 15:52
well yeah but im afraid ID own the rights for that

which is why im talking about a small addon in some forum

What do you mean?

I'm experimenting with the master software right now, so admins could add sv_masterX in their config and we'll build a complete serverlist. Then, this needs to be accessible by anyone for usage.

Paul
18-01-2012, 23:23
http://i43.tinypic.com/51zx95.png

More information tomorrow ;)

Adrian
19-01-2012, 12:07
nice work paul :D

Ninjaa
19-01-2012, 13:39
Nice work

JoNny
19-01-2012, 15:11
Great work paul ! ;)

Dookie
19-01-2012, 17:53
gj Paul

Dragonji
20-01-2012, 18:02
Paul, is your masterserver down? I'm asking because I can't see any servers today while yesterday everything was working fine.

konexxion
20-01-2012, 18:10
It is working for me

Dookie
20-01-2012, 19:22
Paul, is your masterserver down? I'm asking because I can't see any servers today while yesterday everything was working fine.

they were down for a while, but paul got it fixed ;)