PDA

View Full Version : cheater/wallhack

naughty
8-01-2012, 22:28
Hello.

Nothing is more annoying then someone who cheats, I have been specing this player : http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=playerinfo&idx=3047330, I think with almost 100% that he is using wallhack, I have demo file i recorded, you can download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ghg3nk419afj52p

To watch it place the file in enemyterritory/jaymod/demos folders, start ET, click on mods and load Jaymod, then click on replays and view the file.

Ofcourse you guys dont want to watch whole map, so fastforward using the controls to when there is 12 minutes left he shoots the guy hiding behind pillar and no way to know he was there, he was not showing on minimap either. So it happens inbetween 12-11 minutes left of map.

Thank you

Acheron

JoNny
9-01-2012, 00:17
Well first what do you want to reach? That he gets banned? That all know he's a cheater?
Second it could always be also if all think he got wh that he doesnt
And third is that ill watch today sometime ;)

Jari
9-01-2012, 11:51
well jonny they can put is rating off
so he can't rate anymore, its not fair for the other raters cuz he cheats, so easier for him to rate.;)

naughty
9-01-2012, 12:39
well, need some support agreeing with me so admin will ban him

anurag007
9-01-2012, 13:13
well, need some support agreeing with me so admin will ban him
+1
and agree with you but admin won't ban him from this site

JoNny
9-01-2012, 16:44
I think a cheater should be banned on the servers not on such sites like trackbase..
so he cant play anymore but still be on this site this is the important thing he cheated while PLAYING and where does he PLAY at SERVERS so..

nofutur*
9-01-2012, 18:55
Salut !

Je viens de voir la vidéo au ralenti !

je suis pas convaincu que snoopys CHEAT !

si moi j'ai un WH je viserais plus facilement la tête de l'ennemi ^^

regardez bien au ralenti!

naughty
9-01-2012, 19:21
Salut !

Je viens de voir la vidéo au ralenti !

je suis pas convaincu que snoopys CHEAT !

si moi j'ai un WH je viserais plus facilement la tête de l'ennemi ^^

regardez bien au ralenti!
unbelievable...

Shagileo
9-01-2012, 21:21
Stick to English, please

On a side note - it's not TB's responsibility to undertake the actions a serveradmin must do.
There are numerous cheaters out there, and the best way to deal with them is to submit your video to the server owner so he/she can take actions

csl
10-01-2012, 11:29
It seems this person is playing on one server, best thing is to contact that server owner and send him/her the demo. Its definitely a the responsibility of TB to do anything about him. I didnt watch demo so Im not saying the dude is hacking or not. With no more PB its server admins that have to police their servers and ban cheaters unless server is running alternate anti-cheat like TZAC. Too bad our game is going to shit from all these kids hacking.

mrmuppet
10-01-2012, 11:47
It seems this person is playing on one server, best thing is to contact that server owner and send him/her the demo. Its definitely a the responsibility of TB to do anything about him. I didnt watch demo so Im not saying the dude is hacking or not. With no more PB its server admins that have to police their servers and ban cheaters unless server is running alternate anti-cheat like TZAC. Too bad our game is going to shit from all these kids hacking.

Agreed but, I do believe it is the responsibility of TB to remove the rating of a proven cheater and send out a clear message that if you cheat whatever the reason then you will loose your rating, let the server admins police their servers and let TB police their site in response.

JoNny
10-01-2012, 12:35
Ye but snoopys - if he cheated i didnt look it - didn't do anything on tb just on wood server..
so then wood etc has to ban those ppl but i wouldnt disable rating of this guy bcs he didnt do anything on tb.
btw. PB wasn't really secure....

Patriot
10-01-2012, 12:53
Ye but snoopys - if he cheated i didnt look it - didn't do anything on tb just on wood server..
so then wood etc has to ban those ppl but i wouldnt disable rating of this guy bcs he didnt do anything on tb.
btw. PB wasn't really secure....

So if a player is banned on a server, and the serveradmins have sufficient proof to convince everone (and provide it to ppl here) that its a legit ban, then you dont think it should have any consequences on the ladder your adminning?

Then the player would just move on to next server and play there, and the whole idea of your rating system will be broken.
letting busted cheaters stay on the list, will automatic means that others will start wondering how other players can get that high a ranking when they are up against cheaters.

oh and btw, pb wasnt 100 % secure but it was the best we had, and has helped me on our servers for a long time, shame that it isnt there anymore.

Tzac is a fail, and the alternative cheatprotection with admins present is an even bigger fail.

mrmuppet
10-01-2012, 12:54
Are you responding on behalf of TB being a staff member?
He has gained all his TB rating on Wood server and banning from Wood server is not going to reset his rating, are you are saying it is OK to receive a rating on here by cheating? once found out no one will have their rating reset so they can just continue rising the ranks!
TB have created this as a rating site and need to police it if not the the site is totally flawed, your statement just sends out a clear signal that cheating is acceptable to gain rating and no action will be taken against offenders by the creators of the rating system!

mrmuppet
10-01-2012, 12:55
Agreed with Patriot, I was posting at the same time.

JoNny
10-01-2012, 15:01
I think you guys dont understand me ;p
i meant first that he doesn't do anything on the page so i wouldnt ban him for that
and that's probably that thing what you miss-understood.
it's okay to reset his rate because his rating is pretty high but
is he cheating now or not ? I didn't view this video, because it was lagging the whole time.

P.S. now all know he is/not cheating idk ;)
and btw. he just has to make a new name etc and go to next server so he can make his rate again.. this won't help much but a first way is it.

Patriot
10-01-2012, 15:17
I think you guys dont understand me ;p
i meant first that he doesn't do anything on the page so i wouldnt ban him for that
and that's probably that thing what you miss-understood.
it's okay to reset his rate because his rating is pretty high but
is he cheating now or not ? I didn't view this video, because it was lagging the whole time.

P.S. now all know he is/not cheating idk ;)
and btw. he just has to make a new name etc and go to next server so he can make his rate again.. this won't help much but a first way is it.

I dont know if he is cheating didnt see the demo, just took your answer up in general

if a player gets banned for cheating and the evidence is so clear that we all can see it, then imo the first you should do was to remove the players rating, second remove the whole clans rating if he or she isnt public kicked out of the clan he or her is in. and that with an announcement on homepage and here imo.

and yes they can change their name and continue cheating, but nothing new in that, with pb on theu could just change guid so problem isnt new tbh

that still dosent mean you should give up, there are lots of serveradmins out there like me that has been around the block a few times and knows howto spot most cheaters, not all, so if a guy is cheating he will eventually be caught again imo, unless he play on servers with no cheat policy in which case the whole server should be removed from ranking list.

yes i know it takes time, yes i know there will be lots of reviewing demoes etc etc, and yes i know its a pain in the ass, but then you atleast can say with a proud voice, we are doing whatever we can to keep our ladder as clean as possible.

just a thought here, on PBBans they have a demoreview team consisting of ppl wellknown to community and respected for their experience, to go through demoes where serveradmins have a dodgy feeling but aint sure, why dont you guys make somthing like that?, find a few willing to help out.

JoNny
10-01-2012, 17:44
So yea, like i said we can Not disable his rate if we do not know if he is a cheater..
btw. it's in 82 format shouldn't it be 84? maybe bcs of that it lagged so hard?
And idk all said Exx of .Loc* has cheated/is cheating ?? some1 knows about it?
Idk if there is so a hard and big insurrection needed - just for 1 cheater..

So ye we should watch this video first. if there won't be any results out of it then i will close this topic with no result of cheats etc.
And your idea is pretty well with a great team which can view all Videos of Cheaters etc ..
but i don't know if that is needed as a whole team or just to make it free as normal
there also would be needed around 5ppl min.

Regards

Patriot
10-01-2012, 19:05
dm_82 = et 2.55
dm_84 = et 2.60b

and im not talking about this demo, im talking about how your handling this problem in general, as im sure there will be lots more situations like this one

but well if your not comfortable talking about this kinda stuff just close it

mrmuppet
10-01-2012, 19:34
I have previously spoken to many clan leaders/admins regarding the sharing of ban lists, these though need only to be of proven cheaters through submitted demos and not for abusing admins or xp whoring, these are individual server issues.
We are in the process of setting up a site where any one can submit demo's of suspected cheaters, these will then go in front of a cheat buster panel for their opinion, if their opinion is unanimous then the player details will be published, if not then no action will be taken against them. This is how we currently run our system for cheat busting, it does give the benefit of doubt to the player but we want to rid the game of cheaters and not ruin the game for all.
We will openly share our ban lists of proven cheaters to any willing clan and welcome the participation is this from all.

I did pm the topic creator with my opinion of the player in question, this is solely my opinion and is not a representation of our clans view of this player has I am not one of our cheat busters.

JoNny
10-01-2012, 19:49
Lawl, i said if no one will prove that he is a cheater then this topic is useless and he's not cheating
that's what i said ;)
but thx for the dm82/4 result :)

detoren
10-01-2012, 20:51
Sorry but his score is not high(his ppm) so why you guys think he cheats for 5 seconds in one map its a bit rediculous .

Shagileo
10-01-2012, 20:57
You probably know this already, but just saying it anyways; as TB staff we're not entitled to remove any rating from players.
This is Paul's job. At this time, he's the only one who can take actions.

Just notifying in case you are/were wondering why some of us aren't taking any actions.

mrmuppet
10-01-2012, 21:10
Sorry but his score is not high(his ppm) so why you guys think he cheats for 5 seconds in one map its a bit rediculous .

I think the topic went hypothetical if you read it all and to the point of "what if"!

I do believe we have had this conversation regarding the resetting of players rating before and this being the job of Paul, regarding this individual nothing has been proven so I would expect no action from Paul but my question is again "what if"?