Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    Not to belittle or bring anyone down, but:
    Brinkthegamer, some of those settings aren't as high as mine (e.g. lodcurveerror) and the only thing you added was a custom resolution that will not work for everyone. Same with your low graphics one, which you also added settings like brightness to which people like to customize.
    Ryan, some of yours don't even exist, some are redundant because they are the default setting, some aren't the best setting, some don't even reflect graphics used (triscolor).

Shownie, I meant that as you can't claim as your own. You can use.

Hog, connection settings do not matter for mods. There are a lot of cvars that do matter. I play mostly NQ as well, but I always try to make sure to include cvars specific to other mods. Just put an autoexec in etmain and all the mod folders and it should always load it. You can also put +exec cfgname.cfg on the target line of your shortcut.

As for the brightness cvars, here is something I did a long long time ago:
    Nevermind, it was a comparison of the effects of all the brightness cvars, but it wont allow me to post more than 10 images, so never mind. Keep in mind that some maps are affected differently, as I used goldrush and fueldump for comparison. Things like intensity have a much more pronounced effect on snow textures. At all brightness cvars maxes, fueldump can be unbearably bright, while goldrush is nicely lit.

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Xfire
    getoffmyscreen
    Clan
    Controlled-Gaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarhand View Post
    Ryan, some of yours don't even exist, some are redundant because they are the default setting, some aren't the best setting, some don't even reflect graphics used (triscolor)..
    What do you mean "some of yours don't even exist"? if they didn't existed they wouldn't effect my graphics which they do. i posted screenshots above it, if you mean r_settings that ONLY effect the graphics then yea, i just copypaste all of my r_settings not just the graphics

Replies
    Country
    United States
    Clan
    -=PDP=-
    Quote Originally Posted by RyAN View Post
    What do you mean "some of yours don't even exist"? if they didn't existed they wouldn't effect my graphics which they do. i posted screenshots above it, if you mean r_settings that ONLY effect the graphics then yea, i just copypaste all of my r_settings not just the graphics
    I mean like r_fullbright and r_vertexlighting (r_vertexlight does exist), they don't even exist in ET. And r_znear is cheatprotected. Stuff like that.