Country
    Spain
    Xfire
    krieger102
    Steam
    patrick180999
    Clan
    *RD* Rubber Ducks (FarCry)

Does everyone compile the old kind of games?

Hi guys!

FarCry is incredible dead for an question like my one, so I am gonna ask an more active community like the W:ET one.
    The FC servers are all kind of windows servers today(And only root servers), and only buy a FC server without buying a big root is impossible, not like in W:ET, so you have the good luke already

Now that I saw that your kind of mods like Silent are available for Windows and Linux servers, and the most W:ET servers are Linux servers, I want to ask if everyone has already the old kind of Systems of linux and GCC(Ex:3.4.0) used to compile the .so files of the old games.
    Cause our Source codes are not available for the systems of today.

And FC is from 2003 and W:ET is not so far away, I want to ask if someone of the W:ET community has already the possibility to compile SourceCodes for linux. I know kinds of MakeFile will be needed

For resum all that, I search a guy that can compile an sourcecode for me, this would be very nice.
    Thanks in Advance for all Reply's.
    Kr!eger (Sorry if failures in the text, because I am ill at the moment )
    Last edited by [NNC]Krieger; 14-02-2015 at 16:11.

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    FarCry source was never release as far as I know so you can't do much without it. Reverse engineering is still possible but it is not legal.

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Spamming the boards! [NNC]Krieger's Avatar
    Replies
    Country
    Spain
    Xfire
    krieger102
    Steam
    patrick180999
    Clan
    Wrong.
    The SDK and SourceCodes where released few years ago, for manny patches from 1.1 to 1.31, 1.33 and 1.40.
    The codes where used for the Modding Community. Thats why modes and external Patches Exists.

And the Publisher released specialy one of the most important SourceCodes, the CryGame.
    And you can download it specialy from the publisher website. And I have it on the PC.
    Edit: If you Hear FARCRY be correct that I am speaking about FC1 not FC2/FC3 or FC4 ;-)
    Kr!eger
    Last edited by [NNC]Krieger; 14-02-2015 at 17:04.

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    Could you post a link to the code of actual engine?

Clanpage || --------------------------------------------------------------------- || sKy.eSports Clan

Replies
    Country
    Spain
    Xfire
    krieger102
    Steam
    patrick180999
    Clan
    The code I need compiled for linux(CryGame.so), is this one: Click Me For Download
    I have an small linux root, with Debian 7 64Bit and I think the most new GCC version, and to compile it had not worked, and the errors had maked me crazy.
    So I know an older linux version will be needed, and in Gcc i remember something about v3.4.0 I think.
    So specialy, the newer versions are not compatible to compile it. So in the FCC there is no one, who can help in these times of 2015, in the old times the admins had compiled that code for there servers, but the finisht compiled CryGame.so where only downloadable from there clan sites, and these sites/people does not exist anymore. So I hope someone of the nice W:ET can help to compile this code.
    And Yes, I know my post has nothing todo with W:ET, but this forum is one of my last possibilitys to find someone.
    And I am gonna Thank a lot to this guy.

Kr!eger
    Last edited by [NNC]Krieger; 14-02-2015 at 20:10.

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    This is only SDK code I suppose, the source code of FarCry engine would be much bigger.

Post your compilation log please.

You should be able to compile it with newest GCC, there's no point in getting ancient 3.4 version.

Replies
    Country
    Spain
    Xfire
    krieger102
    Steam
    patrick180999
    Clan
    I said that the publisher had realesed an SDK, with the code of one file, the CryGame.
    I had not found any log file with these errors on my machine.
    Nope we were not able to compile it, not only me if not other people had the same problem than me. Try it at your self, if it works than Thank you very much, if not than you have the same problem than me.

Kr!eger
    Last edited by [NNC]Krieger; 15-02-2015 at 07:55.

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    What are you planning to do in this code?

Replies
    Country
    Spain
    Xfire
    krieger102
    Steam
    patrick180999
    Clan
    Nothing, I want it compiled, this is the SourceCode, I want it compiled as a .so file.
    What do you mean with "What are you planning to do in this code?", nothing, I want it compiled only, its so difficuld to understant? I feel like if I am speaking in Chinese.

Kr!eger

Replies
    Country
    Poland
    Xfire
    dragonji
    Steam
    dragonji
    Clan
    sKy-e
    There's no point in compiling it if you are not planning to work on it. Just install latest FC patch and have fun. Trying to compile it just to get it compiled is a waste of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast