PDA

View Full Version : K/d ratio after a quit and rejoin

HellfiG
6-12-2011, 19:43
Hello,

I've noticed that my Kills- and death ratio (k/d-ratio) isn't what it should be.
If I play a map, and lets say after 10 mins I disconnect. Then after 9 minutes of afk, I rejoin that same map on the same server.
Strangely, My ppm are almost 100% correct, but my K/d-ratio is the k/d-ratio when I rejoined that specific server: WOOD
So my 10 mins K/d ratio just disappeared?

Can anyone confirm this?

I think I should have both demo's when I was playing, and when I rejoined. So if this would be necessary to check, I'm glad to look for those demo's.

EDIT: Well, I looked for those demo's in advanced. I don't have them. I only have the stats.
But it was on WOOD, so maybe the TB-guy from WOOD (Giriel) can get those stats? If it would be necessary to check if I'm not talking 'bs'.

Paul
6-12-2011, 20:22
We can't change this unfortunately because it is the way ET works. As soon as you reconnect your K/D is reset, xp is saved. What we do is just connect and fetch K/D, so we can't influence this server process of resetting.

So yes I can confirm, and no we have not found a solution yet :(

giriel
6-12-2011, 20:28
greets hellfig,

As Paul said we can't really change that at this time.
Will discuss some possibilities with him to see if we can fix it.

Scarhand
6-12-2011, 21:52
I think the system only records end-of-match values, and to store kills for each player whether they connect or not until end of match would require TB to make its own mod, then again I'm not even sure you could get a server to keep that even with a mod, but it would be useful. I would love it if TB did make a mod to do this.

testforecho
7-12-2011, 13:09
I'm not even sure you could get a server to keep that even with a mod, but it would be useful. I would love it if TB did make a mod to do this.
With a mod you can do everything you want, unless you want to change engine stuff. You can even make a totally different game.
Actually making a TB mod based on an existing one (etpub or something) would have required less time and effort than making this new tracker, but then you have to tell all the clans to use TB mod, and not other mods.
The way they are doing it now works with all mods instead. About disconnecting, why should you disconnect in the first place?

giriel
7-12-2011, 14:47
Indeed you would need to force that mod to all servers.
And not everyone will like that. (And I have no experience at all with mods :p)

For this problem: It's a painful flaw but after some thinking I have found a solution.
I will ask Paul to update it, if that's done the kills/deaths should be correct even after a disconnect !

HellfiG
7-12-2011, 23:44
Ok, Thanks guys :)
I had to get prove showing I didn't got my xp in an unusual way :p
before someone would say anything...

sosA
8-12-2011, 00:57
TBmod sounds awesome. Just imagine a ultimate rating mod on trusted servers where TB decides the server settings so that everyone can rate in a fair and the same way. Server admins controlling whoring, cheaters etc. I think that if this would be done TB will be at his best cause then you can get real competitive jaymod.
I think that most clans will even (for example F|A) consider taking a server like this. With them as host but just with rating admins from TB or something. And cmon lets be honest. Since TZAC might disappear in a bit, this would be the golden ticket for TB with jaymod. Then TB really is making a difference with (tardy) SL.

Maybe a bit off topic, but Scarhand mentioned it and it got me thinking.

Scarhand
8-12-2011, 04:38
Maybe not a separate mod, but get popular mods to make them "TB compliant". If they don't make it TB compliant, servers are less likely to use the mod because they will lose players who want to rate, as an incentive. Maybe the mod addition could feature GUID based tracking, rather than playernames, to prevent the massively hated name change and such to cancel bad sessions.

Patriot
8-12-2011, 08:33
TBmod sounds awesome. Just imagine a ultimate rating mod on trusted servers where TB decides the server settings so that everyone can rate in a fair and the same way. Server admins controlling whoring, cheaters etc. I think that if this would be done TB will be at his best cause then you can get real competitive jaymod.
I think that most clans will even (for example F|A) consider taking a server like this. With them as host but just with rating admins from TB or something. And cmon lets be honest. Since TZAC might disappear in a bit, this would be the golden ticket for TB with jaymod. Then TB really is making a difference with (tardy) SL.

Maybe a bit off topic, but Scarhand mentioned it and it got me thinking.

trusted servers?

somthing like ranked servers then? as it was with etqw, and the bf series?

ranked servers was what killed etqw imo

et is alive because there are so many options for server owners, start limiting it to a few "trusted" servers wtf

who is going to decide who the trusted servers are? i dont trust anyone that aint playing the game sitting on my lap.

testforecho
8-12-2011, 11:38

Hmm... sounds like a meaningless clone of etpro official competitions...

Aside from the fact that they are clearly not making a mod for it, imho only 2 things really make sense in competitions:
1on1 ladders for frags or objectives (ctf maps, etc.) giving score to players,
and team-based ladders giving scores to *teams* and not players.
Anything that gives scores to individual players, while still having teams, is a bit imperfect imho, so having 'official' games with random teams but scoring the individual players makes no sense.

The only reason I said a mod, is because it would have been simpler to make a mod which gives a different score in the status (not xp), and just using the good old TB engine to read that score the way they read xp by sending a getstatus.
With a mod, for instance, you can calculate who kills who, and give a higher score if you kill a good player, you can calculate if you shoot from the front or from behind, if you 1on1 or 2vs1, and many many things.

But since making a mod from scratch would be a pain in the *** it should be based on an existing one and jaymod source is not available, for example.
And still these are just ot speculations, since they are not making it :D

Paul
8-12-2011, 15:40
Would be lovely though, but we don't have resources for it.

Dragonji
8-12-2011, 17:34
Separate TBMod which would be the only one to rate on? Sounds terrible, it would make ET almost dead IMHO...

testforecho
8-12-2011, 19:13
Would be lovely though, but we don't have resources for it.
Yeah, unless you take a mod which is already bug free, and with source code available, it would take some work and it wouldn't be necessarily better than the actual system... I have some (basic) modding experience and I can't think about what I could add, to make it definitely better than k/d score.

Maybe a player id to avoid renaming, or an elo-based score similar to etpub's k/d score... getstatus is in the game engine, not in mods, so if you wanna still use it you have to change xp, because that's what getstatus shows. Or implement a totally different thing, which means much more work. All in all it wouldn't be such a big improvement over the system you are already doing. So np :)

Separate TBMod which would be the only one to rate on? Sounds terrible, it would make ET almost dead IMHO...
Actually everyone got his own idea about what killed/kills/could kill ET, that is yours, mine could be (and probably is) different, everyone likes a different kind of play. I understand what you mean, though, because for you rating probably means killing a lot of noobs in laggy servers full of players, while with a rating mod there would be only few raters there, and no noobs. For someone it could be nicer for others boring. I respect your opinion.

Paul
9-12-2011, 16:51

That will never happen, all mods should be fair and be ratable for sure :)

giriel
13-12-2011, 17:32
Perhaps you guys have noticed but the k/d scores were fucked up.
Seems like the statistics we get aren't really consistent so I had to remove this fix again, srry guys.
I'll try to find another way.

testforecho
14-12-2011, 09:55
Seems like the statistics we get aren't really consistent so I had to remove this fix again, srry guys.
yeah I noticed, but, how come you get all those weird values? Do you get them wrong from the server, or it's the calculation you do after, that screws them up?
I don't know exactly how you connect, but I guess you should be able to check the gamestate and all the stuff like a regular client, right?

Are you checking that gamestate is GS_PLAYING (that is, 0) or maybe also GS_INTERMISSION (3)? You could wait some extra seconds after the warmup is over.

edit:
Actually the real problem should be xp, since you have xpsave and you need to know how much xp you have at the start. Player stats (k/d) instead, are resetted after every round, if it was only that you could even read them once at the end of the game, since you know how much time every player has played (shown at the end of the round, and it can be read by clients)

edit2:
if you don't have a real client (since I don't know the details I can't really help), you have those command strings ("sc0", "sc1") in the stream of data the server sends, there you should have all clients score and also how much time they have played up to then

HellfiG
14-12-2011, 13:08

I did. More and more maps with several players getting an amount of +200 kills :D
Looks cool though... :D

giriel
14-12-2011, 20:11
darn testforecho you just made an awesome point :)
I wasn't aware the warmup was given with the gamestate, that makes things a bit easier.

But it isn't a fix to our problem, we sometimes get wrong values from the servers.
The current technique just compared 2 consecutive values and saw whether they were increasing or equal.
If this ain't the case then we know it is a player who rejoined the game and lost his/her stats.
But somehow the consecutive values aren't always correct :(