PDA

View Full Version : A community of trusted players

davn
6-10-2011, 20:25
Hi, here is the idea:

We set up a new web site (or a place on trackbase) where we have to register, like officially just to be enable to connect on some servers.

On this website we make our reputation, share publicly an identity (IP address, GUID and nicknames) with the one we connect on these servers. Then optionally we post videos showing our real skill (on bot server for example), etc. (if new ip address, just connect to your account with it)

We also create different level of trusted player, so we can get high level of trust by doing things like (fill the blank) and host different servers authorizing only a minimal level of trusted player like Level 1 for beginners and Level 5 for really trusted players. Level 1 servers would be more overseen for cheaters than others. We must know players entering level 5 servers by reputation, checking there profile or something. Every level 5 players (still for example) can make any player increase his level, telling by the way the reason of the "promotion" on the player's profile. A level 5 player who increase the level of another player have to follow him until he get the level 5 and is well known by some others level 5 players.

For example: Beginners will have to accomplish a campaign on specifics level 1 servers to get a higher level, these servers will host bots with increasing skill. The mission is to beat these bots on all official maps before getting level 2. They can accomplish optional campaigns on unofficial maps to get their level 2 faster (to be manually checked sooner).

All of this would be an experimental set of servers highly supervised.

It is an idea, and it is not going to replace anti-cheat program but could be a "rescue solution" for people who wants to be sure they play with human... before tzac or another program satisfy us.
It is also open to suggestions, and improvements. If you don't like the closed aspect of that kind of community... well it's just an idea, share your opinion if you want.

[DIABOLIK]$mart
6-10-2011, 21:11
T'es un fou man, l'idée est géniale mais c'est énormément de travail !

<=>

You mad ! Awsome idea but tons of work

Anyway I would register right-now tu such web-site !!!

Spl@$h~
6-10-2011, 21:51
Dont know , indeed that would be a good solution if you wanna be sure at 100 % to play with real players.
that's not really hard to do .. need motivated ppl to start a project like that , money for servers etc

Let's see how ppl will react while playing with cheaters , some will get bored very quickly and maybe your project will be the key .

Onni:]
8-10-2011, 18:18
For me it sounds really nice idea and I'd really like to try that ^^

Patriot
11-10-2011, 13:14
Well idea sounds ok, but who is going to decide which persons are trusted?

im not to keen myself to trust anyone that arent sitting right next to me and playing if you get what i mean.

Been disapointed a few times in the last 8 years of gaming ET

davn
11-10-2011, 16:45
Ok, then a personal video presentation could be requested in the identity you share on the website. Like a webcam presentation or any recording with your smartphone or your camera that provide : a physical profile and some informations about you as an enemy territory player(for example: history of nicknames you've used, how did you know the game, why do you want to be a trusted player, what bad experiences did you have with cheaters, an opinion on what is requested to become a really trusted player, why should we trust you?, etc.)

The idea is to improve the way of becoming a 5 level trusted player, then all 5 level players could increase the trusted level of any player. Any other ideas Patriot ? Spl@sh, how can we get motivated ppl ?

By the way, we shouldn't discourage too much new players, as much as we can... except for the last level ?

sosA
11-10-2011, 18:21
Ok, then a personal video presentation could be requested in the identity you share on the website. Like a webcam presentation or any recording with your smartphone or your camera that provide : a physical profile and some informations about you as an enemy territory player(for example: history of nicknames you've used, how did you know the game, why do you want to be a trusted player, what bad experiences did you have with cheaters, an opinion on what is requested to become a really trusted player, why should we trust you?, etc.)

think this point of making a physical profile wont happen mate. Lots of ppl don't want to share that stuff with the world (understandable). Idea sounds good tho, dont get me wrong. But just how many players will make a physical profile. Ppl can hide behind their nicks and be acting real cool, insult in main what so ever which creates an image for the rest. I think there are allot of players which do cherish this anonymity.

The idea is to improve the way of becoming a 5 level trusted player, then all 5 level players could increase the trusted level of any player. Any other ideas Patriot ? Spl@sh, how can we get motivated ppl ?

i dont think that getting the ppl motivated is the problem. I even think allot of ppl will stand behind the idea, but as Spl@sh said, you need the ppl with the time for it and there are servers needed for this, $$$.

Patriot
12-10-2011, 16:21
Hi, here is the idea:

We set up a new web site (or a place on trackbase) where we have to register, like officially just to be enable to connect on some servers.

On this website we make our reputation, share publicly an identity (IP address, GUID and nicknames) with the one we connect on these servers. Then optionally we post videos showing our real skill (on bot server for example), etc. (if new ip address, just connect to your account with it)

We also create different level of trusted player, so we can get high level of trust by doing things like (fill the blank) and host different servers authorizing only a minimal level of trusted player like Level 1 for beginners and Level 5 for really trusted players. Level 1 servers would be more overseen for cheaters than others. We must know players entering level 5 servers by reputation, checking there profile or something. Every level 5 players (still for example) can make any player increase his level, telling by the way the reason of the "promotion" on the player's profile. A level 5 player who increase the level of another player have to follow him until he get the level 5 and is well known by some others level 5 players.

For example: Beginners will have to accomplish a campaign on specifics level 1 servers to get a higher level, these servers will host bots with increasing skill. The mission is to beat these bots on all official maps before getting level 2. They can accomplish optional campaigns on unofficial maps to get their level 2 faster (to be manually checked sooner).

All of this would be an experimental set of servers highly supervised.

It is an idea, and it is not going to replace anti-cheat program but could be a "rescue solution" for people who wants to be sure they play with human... before tzac or another program satisfy us.
It is also open to suggestions, and improvements. If you don't like the closed aspect of that kind of community... well it's just an idea, share your opinion if you want.

I read it all through once again and tbh it seems to me as it is a Clan we are talking about?, atleast its the exact same procedures we are doing in Qubenet.

anyway if this is ever going to be anything im sure my clan will participate

and yeah we are trust worthy :)