PDA

View Full Version : What did rating do?

Caroline20
21-09-2011, 23:10
In my opinion rating/ratio made an ET not playable for valuable players. no doubt, they stil exist, but dont play on the most popular servers. Im not against any services like TrackBase (it is a great idea, you can check the server, players etc) im just trying to tell you that people play only for points. Well, some part of players dont do that but, for example, when a part of team plays only for ratio, others parts can't do anything good, not even saying about the win.

I really regret that hard to find a good player for team play.

Scarhand
22-09-2011, 00:24
The thing is, rating is acquired by teamplay. Killing the enemy, healing and resupplying teammates, building and destroying things, all helps your team and all contributes to rating. I've seen team-playing engineers acquire higher ppm than straight fraggers. Still there is a margin where focus on the objective itself is ignored, and even on some occasion they try to prevent their teammates from getting the obj so that the map can continue because they are doing good on that map.

On all servers I play on, no one plays for rate, everyone (myself included) play only for fun and obj. Most raters play on servers like FA, so just find another server if you don't like how some raters play.

Onni:]
8-10-2011, 18:28
Play on servers without cheatprotection, it's not possible to get rate on those servers so there will be no raters and ppl mostly play for objective :P. The bad thing is that there are also more cheaters..

davn
9-10-2011, 01:19
I partly agree with you, because some players on public servers are selfish and they focus their skill only on getting the most of XPs. But this is somehow the gameplay of Enemy Territory is. What make you earn most of XPs is what developers has expected you to do in the game. And all you can do to earn XPs is to accomplish objectives. You can't really complain because a mate gives you ammo pack each time you respawn.

Teams, championship and ladder are a great alternative. When you want to practice, aim and kill some people or just having fun, go on publics servers. But if you want to play more seriously in a team with teammate you like and who plays the same way as you do then, play matchs !