PDA

View Full Version : PPM Maker

Mccloud
4-08-2011, 21:07
I've been hearing about a ppm maker, it shows average ppm and what others ppm have in the map, and it determines what will you get at the end of the map, apparently it goes inside your cfg, now tell me, is this allowed? and does it sound unfair, cheap, and lame to use even if it was allowed?

Also Paul read your PMs soon, I will send you more info about this

Shagileo
4-08-2011, 21:14
Personally I haven't heard of such a thing, but it sounds definitely against our system, since it manipulates gameplay in benefit of the user.

Please keep us updated, we'll keep an eye on this

Mccloud
4-08-2011, 21:17
Personally I haven't heard of such a thing, but it sounds definitely against our system, since it manipulates gameplay in benefit of the user.

Please keep us updated, we'll keep an eye on this

I would post more but that will lead to major drama, so I will send you the exact same PM I sent paul, and I will tell you some info about certain players also

akemy2712
5-08-2011, 04:21
For 1-2 Years you could download it to from the Pro* site .. it was a Special Config because it can have is the same as a calculator, it is not a cheat or it has benefits, it shows only one of many points as you and shares them with the minutes of this one but also at the end of the map make it because the new system is Locked

akemy2712
5-08-2011, 04:24
z.B u play a map 163/33 u have to Beginn 1204 XP and to end u have 1884

Than 1204-1994 = 790

The map is 30Mins long 790:30 = 26,33 PPM ?? its so easy !and in 5 seconds with a calculator1111

!!!

Shagileo
5-08-2011, 04:44
As said before, we are currently looking into this to see if it's 'unfair' or not
We'll keep you posted :)

akemy2712
5-08-2011, 05:32
yes but I do not want to be banned for what I did not know

Joku_.
5-08-2011, 08:37
Well just ask Splash he should have all the info Paul needs

stars*
5-08-2011, 08:55
I dont think it should be allowed at all. rating becomes more and more serious business and if you now can put these things into your cfg, where is the fun and competition? i think things like this ruin everything.

Spl@$h~
5-08-2011, 09:51
No , i dont have the informations , we dont have that anymore since i deleted old forum post around 2 years ago.
But i think it was a program or something , not a cfg.

Shagileo
5-08-2011, 14:28
Alright, Paul informed us it would be very hard to create such a cfg for the TB system. Apparently it was created some time ago - indeed, about 2 years from now - for the SL system.

That cfg would be useless for TB

Mccloud
5-08-2011, 14:37
Alright, Paul informed us it would be very hard to create such a cfg for the TB system. Apparently it was created some time ago - indeed, about 2 years from now - for the SL system.

That cfg would be useless for TB
the cfg wasn't useless, squix just used it on me, and he said the exact same ppm I had at the end of the map, I thought it was luck at first, until I heard about this

Spl@$h~
5-08-2011, 16:31
Dont know then .. its nothing special ..
its not like you will get more ppm because you it ...
Its the same as playlock or name changing you activate it or not(before the end of the map) to get rating , except that with that cfg you know exactly if you will get + / - .

what i can tell is that no one in pro* use it.
We will see what Paul thinks about that.

Manu
5-08-2011, 16:45
ts the same as playlock or name changing you activate it or not(before the end of the map) to get rating , except that with that cfg you know exactly if you will get + / - .

So it's not like playlock u know :).It's an avantage 'cause you could use in better way the playlock, only get + session and get in hight rating easyly. But well rating is allready not an adventage :) so with this thing or not i think rating stuff will stay same. ^^

Dragonji
5-08-2011, 17:12
It doesn't affect your PPM in any way, so in fact it is not a "cheat". If you decide it should be forbidden, Playlock feature would need to remove too, because "you can block sessions with low PPM".

Shagileo
5-08-2011, 20:03
Hm well indeed, it should'nt be considered as a cheat, for reasons stated above.
I guess it is like those dynamite counters scripts which notify you when a dyna is about to explode. Besides at this time, I don't think we can do anything against that ppm calculator (not maker).

We'll see what Paul thinks of it as well.

Mccloud
5-08-2011, 20:57
It's nothing like playlock, this thing shows avg ppm at the beginning of the map, and what other's ppm have, showing what other players ppm have = you know you are top ppm rater, = you get + when you know that and you find your ppm at the end of the map, I'm not talking about hon's program, i'm talking about this cfg, so stop acting like playlock is the exact same "danger" or threat this cfg has, cause clearly it doesn't, you lose rate even with this playlock method, aspirin me, and others who use it aren't immune to getting a minus, and sometimes we are too lazy to change our name, so we keep the session locked, and if you choose not to do it, that's your business, but dont whine about it cause this thing is a legit feature built inside the website, no matter how you use it, it's there to use, while this cfg is special made and clearly website shows no info about it, and with this cfg showing what others have, and what you have in ppm, its just ridiculous

Also if this cfg is exactly like a calculator. as some say it is, why dont you use a calculator? or is it too hard to count your xp or use a calculator to count how much you have per minute due to being focused during a game? only if you are truly a nerd who knows how to calculate every single xp, then that's a legit way, and its quite skilled, those who don't know how to focus and count your xp uses this cheap cfg. so plz, don't tell me its exactly the same cause some cant use a calculator and play at the same time while you're oh so serious about rating and doing your best not to rage at a minus

Spl@$h~
5-08-2011, 21:30
No one is whining ,at least i didnt create that thread.
Just saying how playlock and that old/cfg are used ,to know exactly how many ppm you get its easier , so its a good combo.
Dont know why , once again you explain how some of you use it or for which reason.

so stop acting like playlock is the exact same "danger"
Who said it was a danger...

Since im the only who mentioned that precious playlock i guess ur post is adressed to me.
Just read once again my post.

Its the same as playlock or name changing you activate it or not(before the end of the map) to get rating , except that with that cfg you know exactly if you will get + / - .

sometimes we are too lazy to change our name, so we keep the session locked

That my point , its used to lock the name to no get rating/ play for fun whatever but with that cfg , it is possible to know which ppm you will get " apparently"

The difference btw playlock and name changing , is that you can choose to play the whole map locked but just before then end or next map loading you can desactivate it to get rating ! so you have 1 chance on 2 to get a + .

With name changing .. even if you set back your original name , you will not get rated . because 2/3 sessions not played.
So no playlock isnt the same as name changing ...

Mccloud
5-08-2011, 21:45
Why would it matter if you are doing bad, you are doing bad, you can easily put a dot in front of your name before 7 or so minutes are up and you realize you cant rate that map due to a bad start, if you just unlock at the end of the map, you will lose rate if you decide to play for fun, and then you see yourself getting lots of hs, and kills, don't mean you are getting alot of xp per minute, and that will result in a minus. because 1: you didn't play for rate at the start, you lost lots of chances for xp per minute, and 2: others who are actually playing serious from the start of the map will have way more ppm than you, and then when you unlock at mid map or end of the map, you will lose it, so this method you are saying is stupid unless your @ 10+ or 9+ rate. with a high rate beginning to end counts, so when you play for rate, you are playing it.

Dragonji
5-08-2011, 21:45
It's nothing like playlock, this thing shows avg ppm at the beginning of the map, and what other's ppm have, showing what other players ppm have = you know you are top ppm rater, = you get + when you know that and you find your ppm at the end of the map, I'm not talking about hon's program, i'm talking about this cfg, so stop acting like playlock is the exact same "danger" or threat this cfg has
And that's why you called it "PPM Maker"?

Also if this cfg is exactly like a calculator. as some say it is, why dont you use a calculator?
And why don't you wash your clothes manually instead of using a washing machine? No offence, but your argument is idiotic.

BTW, show this "special uber cfg" instead of writing baseless arguments. Because now it looks like we are talking about dragons - nobody has seen them, but everybody talks like they knew them. Or better, PM Paul with this cfg, so he can write an official response.

Mccloud
5-08-2011, 21:57
yea but lets say this "washing machine" is only for 1 or 2 people in the world, or he shares his washing machine with his friends only, while others have to do it manually, does that make alot of fair sense? no, which is my point, its unfair, and cheap. he should do his "clothes" manually like everyone else (he should rate like everyone else) and if he's too dumb to not know how to do clothes manually, then that's his problem (can't use a calculator and play at the same time)

SQuix is the only 1 who made this config, I made this thread to alert and know if there was such a thing to see if squix isn't bullshiting us, clearly he isn't, and he's not sharing with anyone, so let him wash his clothes with his machine, while us (raters) do our clothes manually, lol seriously. and btw I have sent whatever I could to admins on this site, its up to squix to give them this cfg

And that's why you called it "PPM Maker"?
I didn't name the cfg, I didnt make it, I don't know anything about it or how to make it, squix does. I got this info from him, as I said many times I made this thread to know if admins here, or other raters know about this type of cfg

Spl@$h~
5-08-2011, 22:35
yeah lets wait for Paul's answer abou that , anyway there are stuffs coming for soon which should be much appreciated and that cfg will be useless or almost

stars*
5-08-2011, 23:39
there are stuffs coming for soon which should be much appreciated and that cfg will be useless or almost

sounds bullshit to me. i think that this cfg would be much more "usefull" than the new stuff comming soon, if you need these stuff to rate, which is already far away from what rate should be, if you ask me.
and it seems like some others still didnt got what this cfg is. im not even rating and can see the danger in it.

nrgy21
6-08-2011, 02:20
lol at this discussion. And if you consider a config like that a "cheat" or "unfair" i would agree that play-lock is the same thing. You can just keep your shit on lock all day and open it right at end of map to get plus. If you are rating you leave it unlocked and and lock at end of day or whenever your done, open up next day and keep playing. It's advantage because you can compare your score with others at end of map to see if you had most ppm or k/d. Adding period you stop at 2/3 of map and have to wait till next map and in the last part of map you could actually get better score that would get you a plus - instead your playing with non rating nick. I see the high ranked players abusing this feature - it's anot a big deal really its part of the system of TB, but it definitely does give an edge on others who don't play using/abusing the lock feature the way it was meant to be used. Instead of using lock on FA2 or other high rated server, you could just go to WOOD server and toss ammo packs all map and be ranked in top 50 like you got good skills or somethin lolz still waiting for that shit to be addressed (I heard soon, so hopefully) :)

Mccloud
6-08-2011, 02:30
playlock doesn't show your ppm from start to end. playlock doesn't show OTHERS ppm from start to end, highest frag or k/d doesn't determine 100% you will get a +, open a new thread about this "playlock" abuse, this is about whether this cfg is legit or not, don't compare two things in a one-topic discussion, it was already going off topic on page 2

Shagileo
6-08-2011, 03:31
Playlock debates have been going on in the past and the benefits of the system outweigh the negative points.
So yes, let's keep this thread focused on one point, please. If you feel like debating about playlock once again, feel free to open a new thread.

In the meanwhile, we'll wait for Paul's response.
Now, I haven't heard or seen such a cfg before. But apparently it does exist (or something similar) which was used for the SL tracker (informed by Paul). So Dragon, hopefully that answers your question :)
Once again, these cfg's don't manipulate the PPM, so it's not a maker, but something like a displayer. I understand your concern about not everyone being able to use such a cfg, but it's for the best, I'm sure.

Our TB coding team has been working on enhancing our tracker against abuse. It sounds promising, but it's still in testing phase, before we actually launch it into public. I hope you understand this.

nrgy21
6-08-2011, 04:14
The only point I want to make is that playlocking is also unfair if you use it and feel a config that calculates such XP/Ratings is also when anyone can just look at previous map and who was there before and the avg. rate for that session. In any case a good rater shouldn't be "counting" XP but instead just counting their K/D ratio which is a good determinant of the xp they have earned including sprees etc..

Paul
6-08-2011, 22:29
I guess we can't check if a player uses this "PPM Maker", personally I think this should not be allowed, but since you can't check it, what do you want to do?
Besides, we're already trying with new algorithms in the background, soon more about this!

nrgy21
7-08-2011, 06:05
I dont care about config I saw it a few years ago when Honey had put it out, but I know the playlock feature is being misused by many high raters. I am not sure if there is a way to limit the amount of times a player can lock/unlock their nicks?

Omnipotent
10-08-2011, 11:02
I dont care about config Maybe you should try reading what Shagileo said about creating a new thread if ya wish to talk about the playlock. So perhaps you should care or are too special so you don't have to do so?

Sho0terNL
13-08-2011, 21:34
Hmm if it would be publically available it wouldnt be so unfair.. tho it does show others ppm too? it is handy but indeed maybe a bit lame.. anyways calculating ur or others ppm is kinda easy.. i do it by hard all the time lol :p just check ur xp in begin of map and u know how many xp u have till than, if u just devide it through the amount of minutes played u know what ur ppm is.. and u could also see others xp. So its actually just a tool for smth u could do urself.. and if this is possible just by config how could u ever forbid it ?

Dupstep
26-08-2011, 19:51
So if its tool.
Then I except it could be like:

It reads stats files,calculates raiting.Sends kills/death,raiting to TB master server.
The main factor is about SQL file what is created after installing the tool.

CREATE TABLE `playerinfo-' . $this->statnr (
`deaths` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`kills` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`name` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`PBguid` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`ID` int(255) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`ID`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

giriel
27-08-2011, 11:01
You would have a hell of a lot of tables like that.
And it's not a tool from trackbase so there is no way to connect with our database.