PDA

View Full Version : user lock session?

**Slinger
12-06-2011, 23:31
I noticed alot of the high raters use this. What is it and how are they doing it? IS this something that if they have a bad map they can go and lock it so they don't lose rating?

Shagileo
12-06-2011, 23:58
User lock can be used to block rating for maps when activated
You can activate playlock in your 'reserve playername' section:
http://et.trackbase.net/?mod=reserve

Olykiller
14-06-2011, 16:32
with other words, YES they do
they play map, they go check tb, if they have low ppm they put just playlock on -> session not ranked

Le_Furet
14-06-2011, 16:54
with other words, YES they do
they play map, they go check tb, if they have low ppm they put just playlock on -> session not ranked

ppm are calculated in same time as + or -, you can't check ppm before on/off the player lock.... or I'm wrong?

Shagileo
14-06-2011, 19:23
ppm are calculated in same time as + or -, you can't check ppm before on/off the player lock.... or I'm wrong?

Correct
You can't know how many ppm you have until the session is finished

Spl@$h~
14-06-2011, 19:57
I noticed alot of the high raters use this. What is it and how are they doing it? IS this something that if they have a bad map they can go and lock it so they don't lose rating?

User lock can be used to block rating for maps when activated
You can activate playlock in your 'reserve playername' section:
http://et.trackbase.net/?mod=reserve

Yeah some ppl complained about that and i reported it while ago but hmm not much we can do about that,or maybe its gonna be fixed with the next update ..who knows

Shagileo
14-06-2011, 20:45
Players can always "invalidate" their rating when adding symbols to their name ingame (like a dot or any other symbol)
So the Playlock is not to be blamed as a tool to disable rating - disabling rating will always occur one way or the other

killfreak
16-06-2011, 22:01
what you can do is go to sl like 2 min be4 maps end look at ppm and then see if you lock or not cuz on sl you can see your ppm be4 map is ended :)
personnaly i think playlock is litle bit gay but it was same with color code on sl.

Shagileo
17-06-2011, 01:18
SL and TB are not really using the same rating techniques
Besides, SL is down for the time being.

Anyhow, the playlock tool is there more to protect your nickname from stealers than a rating block.
We've had numerous posts in the past about players complaining about their rating being dropped due to stealers. Hence the playlock.

**Slinger
18-06-2011, 02:42
interesting...i can see some players locked sessions for like 10-12 maps, unlock for one, get + rate, then relock for 10-12 maps again.