PDA

View Full Version : I forget somethings?

Le_Furet
30-03-2011, 16:38
Hi, explain me ppm are better with lower kills and longer time played?

IG sreenshot :

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/112201994-4.jpg

TrackBase session :

http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=sessioninfo&idx=11836116

Isn't the fist time I see that .... >.<

How? Just how? :question:

Koiranpentu
30-03-2011, 16:52
You're asking why players who have less kills and have longer session get more points per minute...? Reviving teammates, giving health or ammo instead of getting points from kills...?

Papii
30-03-2011, 17:43
less deaths, certainly more revives / health.

And 2 kills is nothing, almost doesn't change anything.

Shagileo
30-03-2011, 18:33
It also depends on map, I believe
If you're good at e.g.: goldrush

you need to keep improving to earn better rate.
If your average on grush is, let's say: 18 ppm
and you have a good k/d ratio and your ppm session is marked : 19 ppm or 20 ppm

you won't gain much rate (or even lose), because you're already pretty good at that particular map.
I'm not really sure how the TB rating system works, because it's calculating many things -like objective play

Le_Furet
30-03-2011, 19:45
@ Koiranpentu & Papii : I revive / health always when I can :)

@ Shagileo : Need to be sure for this maps rating système =)

Spl@$h~
30-03-2011, 19:47
It also depends on map, I believe
If you're good at e.g.: goldrush

you need to keep improving to earn better rate.
If your average on grush is, let's say: 18 ppm
and you have a good k/d ratio and your ppm session is marked : 19 ppm or 20 ppm

you won't gain much rate (or even lose), because you're already pretty good at that particular map.
I'm not really sure how the TB rating system works, because it's calculating many things -like objective play

Exactly , the top 10 maps you see on your profile count !
http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=playerinfo&idx=1035081

School is in top 3 of your maps played which means its an important one. dont know you ppm avg there but it must be something around 18.50 ppm , you have 13.3h time played there sp 13,3x60 =798 / 30 = 26.6 so basicly you played it 27 times ( 30 mins for each times which isnt 100 % sure , sometimes map can be ended earlier so 27 is the minium of times you played that map )
But many factors are behind like your own Rating is highter (23) than that kontraks guy (16) avg ppm etc etc

On that map from now on you need minimum 18.50-19 ppm to get + according to ppm avg if it stays around 8-9.

Its not new , and its working like that on SL too , your TOP maps are important .
If you get 16 ppm on school , you can get -0.20 for example , since its an important map

Shagileo
30-03-2011, 20:05
Awesome, thanks for the info, splash !

Now we know for sure how it works ;)

Olykiller
30-03-2011, 20:21
never know about that 'top' maps

my top map is goldrush, its totally not actually, i just played it the most

Papii
30-03-2011, 23:45
You did 0 revive on the screenshot.

Le_Furet
31-03-2011, 00:45
@ Splash : Thanks for info :)
+/- rating not important for me here, but ppm ^^

@ Papii : Oui, mais je parle en général =)

Result : Is harder to give + rating on top maps and easier to give + on low rating maps ?! :D

(HAL)JacKson
31-03-2011, 13:48
u died like 10 times more than the other one in just 2 minutes less... no wonder ppm ..
didnt know that about top maps either, thanks splash...

Le_Furet
31-03-2011, 17:35
TB don't scan kill and death, only XP.

Dragonji
31-03-2011, 17:56
You're wrong, mate ;)

Olykiller
31-03-2011, 18:56
lol TB only count xp!!!!!!!
but if you die more you get less batlle sense xp ;)

Dragonji
31-03-2011, 19:18
Yes, but you missed what I was thinking about.
XP doesn't equal XP.
For example:
3 XP for giving ammo doesn't equal 3 XP for kill. Isn't it TB "anti-whore" system?

Konvict
31-03-2011, 20:25
lol there is no difference in that dragon, there is no way of TB to know where does xp come from (ex: Ammo reviving kills) otherwise we wouldnt have any problems with whorers. Anyway its normal u got that kinda of ppm. 1 Kill with a bodyshot = 3 xp and 1 kill with an headshot = 5 xp.. Also u got the battlesense wich is the most important xp in a rater/fragger player since u get 3 xp or something every 30 sec you are alive or something like that well u get the point. Godlikes and whicked sicks is the way to go to rate so next time u see a medic running dont call him noob or a coward. He is just rating lool

Dragonji
31-03-2011, 20:48
lol there is no difference in that dragon, there is no way of TB to know where does xp come from (ex: Ammo reviving kills) otherwise we wouldnt have any problems with whorers. Anyway its normal u got that kinda of ppm. 1 Kill with a bodyshot = 3 xp and 1 kill with an headshot = 5 xp.. Also u got the battlesense wich is the most important xp in a rater/fragger player since u get 3 xp or something every 30 sec you are alive or something like that well u get the point. Godlikes and whicked sicks is the way to go to rate
Paul is a real magician then. If there is no possibility for TB to know where do XP come from, how can he restrain whorers? It sounds like an impossible thing for me.
But anyway, thanks for undeceive me. (Hope it's correct form)

so next time u see a medic running dont call him noob or a coward. He is just rating lool
I have nothing to raters. We can live without problems on any server :)

Patriot
1-04-2011, 09:27
Only way to point out what the xp is given for is if TB were streaming all the server logs ;)

which im sure will make a small impact on their servertrafic :)

(HAL)JacKson
1-04-2011, 10:47

lol !!! ok just read what the others did write above ..

Konvict
1-04-2011, 16:38
Paul is a real magician then. If there is no possibility for TB to know where do XP come from, how can he restrain whorers? It sounds like an impossible thing for me.
But anyway, thanks for undeceive me. (Hope it's correct form)

Well its simple, thats why TB was suposed to have a section where, we as a comunity, would co-operate and provide Solid evidence (screenshots,movies etc as asked by paul) its not a matter of if paul is a genius or not, its really a matter of the only thing a server sends has info to an equilibrated solid rating site is in fact XP ( theres a way to surpass that using a file that somebody created but it would have to be implemented in each and every server but thats a no go imo) but i really think the whoring time has already passed. Its just like Fashion. Either u buy a good recent set of nike shoes to look and stay in touch with the latest fashion or u dont care about fashion and u use a pair of any crap money can buy. Thats what happened with whorers, there was the first one and it started to go has a fashion around. I really think its a past thing since TB arrived there is no point at doing it cause there will always be whiners that come here and whine about it equalling a nice rating reset by our lovely paul :)

I have nothing to raters. We can live without problems on any server :)

Neither do i im more of a fragger then a rater. But there are a lot of pseudo "leets" around who just cant do anything but hate on the net so if u run to heal = "run run noob" and that type of coments but who cares im the quiet type so +1 for me :)

Le_Furet
2-04-2011, 18:01
You're wrong, mate ;)

lol !!! ok just read what the others did write above ..

Paul say that on Xfire. TB don't scan kills and deaths. Ask him if you want :)

Dragonji
2-04-2011, 18:44
Somebody should write a big guide about rating. Most of the people even don't know how it exactly do work.

Le_Furet
3-04-2011, 00:09
Somebody should write a big guide about rating. Most of the people even don't know how it exactly do work.

Good !

Same b*llsh*t : 74 kills for me and 72 for amne$is, http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=sessioninfo&idx=12598386

christmaspwns
3-04-2011, 01:14
You really don't get it do you le furet.. Having 72 kills same as the other guy doesn't care. You can play as long as medic as u want, as u only kill and don't do shit with the battle sense, don't expect to get any higher. Revives/healing etc. counts +xp for battle sense.

cba to explain, your post is just stupid again.

kobajagi
3-04-2011, 01:27
You really don't get it do you le furet.. Having 72 kills same as the other guy doesn't care. You can play as long as medic as u want, as u only kill and don't do shit with the battle sense, don't expect to get any higher. Revives/healing etc. counts +xp for battle sense.

cba to explain, your post is just stupid again.
like nubbie exceed said . u get xp for killz + less dead which count as battle sense and healing\revives ... you can do 20\10 on supply , if u are engi . Blow all doors +built cp as allies and u will get around 24ppms . Or go be a flamer whore and do 150 kills on 10 min map and get up to 32 ppms .

Le_Furet
3-04-2011, 02:21
@ exceed : Stupid? Everyone don't know perfectly xp & tb system ;)

@ kobajagi : Yes I know obj make xp, but on this "stupid" post I learned many death remove xp (true?). Can explain exactly how give xp with battlesens (kills, spree, not much death etc...).

Thanks koba.

(HAL)JacKson
3-04-2011, 10:38

i guess most of topraters do know... but they dont wanne share theyre knowledge... because others could get higher ratings aswell ... fair?! hmmm , dont know. but if u play some time and u watch out, for when u get xp after what acction , u ppl will get it urself :)

@LefurET: u play 15minutes on supply u make 32/13 a other player makes 32/9 then he will get more ppm/xp , just for been alive longer then u , if he had 29/9 it would be probably still more ppm then u got( thats without any heals or revieves, just for kills and battlesence). so in fact: yes, many death preventing u from getting more xp.

Cheers

Olykiller
3-04-2011, 12:50
lol top raters all needed to find it out at begin too, by learning
and there is such a big summary of xp counting, made by honey, but i dunno where you can find it
i believe splashy had it

christmaspwns
3-04-2011, 13:23
http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/398-Tutorial-about-ET-TB-xp-system-By-Pro*Honey

terr1tory
3-04-2011, 15:49
http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=playerinfo&idx=1719134 hmm WOOD bugged again...

Le_Furet
3-04-2011, 17:28
Ok I understand & see exceed topic. Thanks for infos ;)

Rofl, snoozi big luck xD :D

Konvict
4-04-2011, 23:34
i guess most of topraters do know... but they dont wanne share theyre knowledge... because others could get higher ratings aswell ... fair?! hmmm , dont know. but if u play some time and u watch out, for when u get xp after what acction , u ppl will get it urself :)

@LefurET: u play 15minutes on supply u make 32/13 a other player makes 32/9 then he will get more ppm/xp , just for been alive longer then u , if he had 29/9 it would be probably still more ppm then u got( thats without any heals or revieves, just for kills and battlesence). so in fact: yes, many death preventing u from getting more xp.

Cheers

Fair? Its just plain stupidity out here if most of u guys spended the same amount of time searching has most of you spend whining everyone would be at the top.

Vendetta
5-04-2011, 16:04
Le_furet n00b ;p :)))

Le_Furet
5-04-2011, 19:03
xD Vendetta spamer ! ;D