PDA

View Full Version : One server doesn't show up in masterlist/ Can't add it on trackbase

Enigma
31-12-2015, 11:19
Hi guys,

I currently have two servers running on ET. I want them both to be visible on the masterlist, but one of the servers is sometimes visible (running 3.00, net_port_extra set), whereas the other one is only visible if it actually has a player on it (which isn't too great for a trickjump server), if there are no players on it it won't show in the list at all. (Also 3.00 and net_port_extra set). I can also not add this server in the et trackbase server list.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Managed to add it to trackbase now.

JoNny
31-12-2015, 15:31
Hey Engima,

adding your server to TrackBase doesn't automatically add it to the masterlist as well.
Could you please give us the relevant lines starting with
set sv_master[i] (i) stands for {1,2,3,4,5}.
You should find those few lines usually in your server config or mod config file.

/JoNny

Enigma
1-01-2016, 13:02
set sv_master1 "etmaster.idsoftware.com"

set sv_master2 "master0.etmaster.net"

set sv_master3 ""

set sv_master4 ""

set sv_master5 ""

Same as the other server which DOES show up

JoNny
1-01-2016, 19:36
Could I get the server IP and PORT of your server so I can check further possibilities and do background checks.
You can also send me your server address privately if you don't want to share it with the public.

/JoNny

Enigma
6-01-2016, 17:36
I pm'd it to you a few days ago

Oxyzium
6-01-2016, 17:46

JoNny
6-01-2016, 19:33
Yeah, was about to pm you back.
It seems like it's the amount of players which triggers the visibility in the masterlist.
I'm sure Paul will implement that in the next release. Make sure you have
+set sv_autoUpdate 1 in your startscript included. ;)

/JoNny

Paul
7-01-2016, 21:06
Are you very sure that you did not have the filters enabled (Not displaying when server is empty?).
It sounds very odd, I didn't hear about it earlier. Of course it could be a very valid point, in which case this needs to be investigated.

- Paul

Sol
8-01-2016, 13:22
This is an old bug indeed which is client sided. If the server is empty then client server browser wont showup a server on the list, master server/list working fine.

Dragonji
9-01-2016, 00:18
http://dev.etlegacy.com/issues/37

Install Omni-bot on your server, add 1 or 2 bots and your server will show up on the list.