PDA

View Full Version : W:ET Feature Request: IP tracked names

Jaie
17-01-2011, 17:59
A way you can register your ip on a profile alias so that any other ips and do not register under your profile name.
This will allow 2 or more people to play et with the same alias without having their ratings combined into one person.

For example, my alias currently is =F|A=Jaie,
However there is someone also playing with the nalias =F|A=Jaie.
If we both were to insert our ip on our track base profiles, then, I could be
=F|A=Jaie(myip), and he could be =F|A=Jaie (his ip), and we could both play et at the same time without having our ratings combined, my serverlist intefering with his, or his serverlist intefering with mine.
And if other players were to use the alias =F|A=Jaie, they could be registered as =F|A=Jaie (noip) - under 1 combined alias as it currently is.

(I am aware that my name is being stolen, but if we ignore that), in theory - a system like this will allow other players to rate with names such as Assassin, or of famous people simultaneously and players will not need to seek unique names.
The time will come where we run out of unused names.

Adrian
17-01-2011, 18:05
Great Suggestion we will look into this and am sure Paul Will figure this out.

Paul
17-01-2011, 20:20
This is technically impossible due to the fact the ET engine does not give anything related to IP/guids or whatever to indentificate the difference between the names. I'm very sorry :(

Adrian
17-01-2011, 22:16
This is technically impossible due to the fact the ET engine does not give anything related to IP/guids or whatever to indentificate the difference between the names. I'm very sorry :(

Not a little Chance any other Way ?

Spl@$h~
7-03-2011, 10:24
Suggestion isnt doable

This is technically impossible due to the fact the ET engine does not give anything related to IP/guids
Moved to archive section

If you have a similar or different problem please , open a new thread.
/closed