PDA

View Full Version : Downtime 29-12-2010: chat

Paul
29-12-2010, 15:26
As quoted from the news:

Okay, as many have noticed TB was down 2 times today, about 40 minutes the first time and 20 the 2nd time. Sessions around these times were not rated and the site was not accessible either.

Why? Many people are asking. The cause of the downtime is easy and complicated at once, the short answer is: people are trying to get down TB. The longer answer is that TB got under a new series off attacks which were impossible to avoid and continue running.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this downtime.

Feel free to reply or comment, please keep your language usage on an acceptable level.

-edit-
To make things clear at once: Splatterladder itself is NOT behind the attacks and/or made people do so!

daredevil
29-12-2010, 15:46
There are bad crawlers, which crawl each page of website at very high speed which results in very high web server load.

You should probably ban all those SE IP's because they don't honor crawl delay in any fashion and those SE are useless anyways. You can probably find all those SE IP's from apache logs.

Paul
29-12-2010, 15:52
The apache logs were revieuwed and didn't show any weird values, to give more information: ftp's and other things were tried to be bruteforced. The IP has been traced and the from-host is some Chinese machine that is responsible for more attacks. Probably some hackers-proxy-box :)

But yes, that's some nice tip too: will do ;)

kobajagi
29-12-2010, 16:52
Who is trying to hard and why would they do that ? sl guys ?

Rippchen
29-12-2010, 18:48
To clarify: Splatterladder is not related to any attacks on Trackbase. We have no interest in attacking Paul's work and we distance ourselves from these charges. Somebody tries to raise an argument which isn't worth to be argued out. Please stop constantly bringing our name into play.

sl.Rippchen

@Paul: change my loginname to Rippchen please. thx

Paul
29-12-2010, 18:59
Who is trying to hard and why would they do that ? sl guys ?

Why? I wish I knew!
Who? I can not confirm whether its them or not, I don't think.

@puppa/rippchen
Changed it

kobajagi
29-12-2010, 19:41
Please stop constantly bringing our name into play.
I ask about it 1 time in this thread . So if u say constantly , then its not just my idea here on the table eh ?

Ripjaw
30-12-2010, 10:51
I dont mean to play detective but if tb is being hacked and its not random (by this i mean a one off) its obviuosly someone with a grudge against you paul, and sl guys would be the first place to go as many people stoped useing it now. Less players useing it = less revenue from advertisements and so on i would asume. I still use both tbh they both have good and bad points so its nice to be on both.

Who you pissed off paul?? lol

P.s Whoever it is, is obvioulsy a lamer geek with way to much free time and no life what so ever, and seeing you get the site back to working everytime must really piss them off hahaha

khaled
30-12-2010, 19:46
well ok paul u can close my thread, didnt see that u already opened one^^

Paul
30-12-2010, 20:16
This one is from yesterday but quite much about the same yeah ;)

khaled
31-12-2010, 15:13
is that true if u change ur team during match, for example after 10 min, tb would only rate 20 of the 30 min then ..?

Paul
1-01-2011, 13:53
is that true if u change ur team during match, for example after 10 min, tb would only rate 20 of the 30 min then ..?

Teamswitching doesn't matter, it counts as "playing" if you are axis or allies, switching doesn't influence that.

Spl@$h~
1-01-2011, 15:37
Yup its doesnt matter ..
but something that most of us noticed since TB started is :
- if you stay at spec , we will take 8 mins as example , so (30-8)=22 min normally rating should be based on the 22 mins you played , well its doesnt work like that ( dont know if the bug got fix or no , since we didnt talk about it since few days) the 8 mins you were at spec counts as 0 XP in your rating session .
So you got XP only during the 22 mins you played ( we take as example 400 xp) but the 8 mins stats counts too so 400 (22mins) + 0 ( 8 mins at spec so 0 xp) = 400/30 * instead of 400/22
To resume even if you are at spec , it counts for ur rating , as i said dont know if its fixed or no yet but just in case use another name while you are spec .

* it doesn't work like that but just to make it understandable .

Destiny+
1-01-2011, 23:18
so back to topic sense ,are there any news of who could be the attackers? Which options you have if the attackers come back and are succesfull in hacking the site? kind regards ,Destiny+

csl
2-01-2011, 12:34
Just my 2 cents.

I dont know all the people at SL but I do know 1 admin there who is a good friend of mine. To accuse SL of sabatoge with out a thread of proof is lunacy.

In fact all guys who rate would have no life at all the past years if it wasnt for SL.

I support Paul and TB 100% but some of you guys watch too much CSI.

If you want to say SL s the past and TB is the future fine but dont go around spewing rumor that has no basis in fact.

Why do hackers try to bring down any site? Reason=to show that they can.

How many of you have put in the amount of time and Money into this free game of ET that guys like Paul and like SL creators have?

Until there is some proof as to who tried to hack TB i would suggest not saying anything at all.

Shagileo
2-01-2011, 18:50
csI is right.
Any accusation towards sl is inappropriate when there is no proof.
It doesn't fit in these forums anyways to wrongfully accuse people or groups