PDA

View Full Version : Limited the whore (medic + signal)

Le_Furet
1-12-2010, 21:03
Hello mates :),

I have an idea for limited the whore(distribute pack on spawn).

Anyone can distribute a numbers of packs on the respawn predefined in advance.:D

Rules/Example :

For respawn under 12" and 12".
Signal : 12 packs every 3 respawn : >> 4 per respawn <<
Medic : 20 packs every 4 respawn : >> 5 per respawn <<

For respawn over 13" and 13".
Signal : 21 packs every 3 respawn : >> 7 per respawn <<
Medic : 36 packs every 4 respawn : >> 9 per respawn <<

Why every 3/4 respawn ?
For limited /kill and killed himself with grenades and go in fight and wait death... :P

For Cover Ops Whore :

Uniform taken is -/= of number of kills isn't whore

Uniform taken is + of number of kills is whore

And many sanction ...(when view in demo more 12/20 packs in spawn)
1- Warn.:O
2- Disable sessions when whore(possible?).
3- Disable rating 1 week.
4- Disable rating 1 month.
5- Disable rating 6 month.
6- Disable rating for ever.:sleeping:

I think is very good rules :).

Thanks for reading,
Le_FuReT~

N3kr0n Idea :

I have a few ideas. First of all, like said before, very many players are "whoring" without even knowing about TB. But they are not even near the top, so nothing should be done about them.

This is why I think there should be some kind of a "magic number", starting from where we could say that people are whoring for rating. Maybe Top 50? First page of TB toplist. Or even Top 30?

Now the question "when is it actually whoring?" This has to be stated very clearly, because it's going to be the main argument for complaints. "Yeah I threw ammo at spawn, but I killed too... I got 40 kills, so I deserve my ppm" etc etc.

I think it's impossible to get a fair system by looking at kills or medpack amount. This is why I propose looking at exp points. It's the easiest to follow and count and doesn't even need a video, just 2 screenshots.

So, my idea: look at a players xp before and after a map (take SS, if needed). Look at total xp gained during that round and medic/fops/covert xp gained. If a player gets for example 1000 xp in 30 mins and 800 of that is med/fops/cov, they're whoring. Even 300/1000 is probably whoring. That's why a set percentage is needed.

I propose: If during a map (over 10 minutes), 40% or more xp of a player in the Top 30 comes from medic/fops/covert, that player is whoring and that player's rating is reset to 20.00. Screenshots of xp before and after map are necessary.

I propose over 10 minutes, because sometimes the map ends so soon that you're "accidentally" whoring. I also propose resetting to 20.00, because going to 0.00 would cause WAY too much whining and complaining and Top 30 will probably always be over 20 rating. And Top 30, because we really don't care about someone who whores himself all the way up to no. 721 on TB.

I see some complaints incoming from the very few people who can actually get to Top 30 using fops/covert in an honest way, without spamming ammo packs or hogging uniforms. IF there are any people like that, you're probably very rare and maybe admins could make an exception for you after speccing and seeing you're really that good with field/covert ops. But I hope this kind of a problem does not arise.

Also, if we're only talking about disabling the very Top, there will always be players who "happen" to spec their competition once in a while and will gladly spend time to get someone ahead of them disabled and 1 more rank for them. So that wouldn't be a problem. I don't think any whorers would stay in Top 30 for long and admins don't have to do practically anything - just look at some screenshots that other "real" players in the top send and click "reset". And Top 30 wouldn't be very time-consuming, maybe 1-2 new whores a day.

.nm
2-12-2010, 15:57
And how you want to make that happen (technically), thousands of admins watching ? LOL

Also what you gonna do against covert ops whoring ;)

Le_Furet
2-12-2010, 20:26
DEMO !

Edited for covert ops ;)

BiGGie
3-12-2010, 17:00
I don't believe it, THIS FUCKN NUB WHORER started a topic against WHORE... Man get ur ass off this forum u r the biggest whore in ET and u talk crap gtfo.

Heaven
3-12-2010, 20:26
i need demo Twister ! :D

ballz
3-12-2010, 20:38
I don't think this will ever work, lol.
Just get a proof of someone whoring, warn him once and if he continues disable him!

#SAS#TASIOR
3-12-2010, 23:42
yeh dude u have right btw u forgot say NUB with stealing name to hehe yes he steal other person name
SO FAQ U TWISTE GET A GIRL

christmaspwns
4-12-2010, 10:19
I don't think this will work either. Demo's / SS would be the easiest way to get someone disabled. And just to let you guys notice. Twister aka la fur3t (whatever) is one of the biggest whores in ET by himself, so I don't get the point of your post.

Thanks,

pro*que pasa.

Le_Furet
4-12-2010, 13:29
lol.......

I stop du u understand .... dont post if is for insulte.... all retard you are.

I just want repair my whore. Retard ! And I'm not biggest .... Just 1 month :D.

Saying : "Only the idiots do not change opinion."

Biggie = idot, when you stop ET ? :)

BiGGie
4-12-2010, 15:30
M8, look at u... U suck 25+ acc never saw u with 100+ kills and i saw u whoring on Thursday so stfu and don't lie!....

Argun
4-12-2010, 15:38
Your lifestyle is just insulting others? If you're so "pro" maybe u should try yourself at WCG or something. Maybe we'll hear about you as a WC but now chill and let others live. As i know you're not that perfect! Think about yourself!!!

ballz
4-12-2010, 15:55
This topic is useless, exceed is right, we need demo's and other proofs.
We're not gonna work with an anti-whore system, the best way is to disable them.

(HAL)JacKson
4-12-2010, 17:45
omg ur all so fuckin poor, unbelievable!!! first thing: u all miss the point of the game, if u dont know,remember ,thats a team game- like football or basketball... ur are never that good alone, like u are with ur mates... so the goal of the game actually is to achieve the individual map objectives.... all u selfhealing rambo noob medics do fuck all for the team, u dont heal, dont revieve, dont play teamwhise... so call urself pro, or ska or whatever... ur all just ego rate whores, so in fact ur whores aswell... and no wonder et is a dying game... with all u retards trying to be the one and only, the first, the best on sl or tb!!! no teamwork no fun, and no winning aswell! easy! second thing is: there are ppl playing just for fun, they are not that skilled like some otheres unemployed poor cunts, calling themselves heros or shit, but they have the same right to play and have fun llike everyone else... whatever.. just think about it... oh and sorry for bad language but u make me realy angry with ur retardation....lol antiwhore-system, u people actually got a life???

cheers

el_cookie_slayer
4-12-2010, 20:21
You do have a point jack, it would be hypocritical and ironic to disable whores while some players just play for rating and they don't get disabled?...Wouldn't that be along the same spectrum?

Le_Furet
4-12-2010, 20:23
M8, look at u... U suck 25+ acc never saw u with 100+ kills and i saw u whoring on Thursday so stfu and don't lie!....

You view my play just one time sure ><

Jackson, now I dont whore, I revive, I heal who say "need a medic" and I cant selfkill because I play on trurkish team server, and I frag ;)

My objetive isn't 1st on TrackBase / SplatterLadder. Just have fun with frag :)

.nm
4-12-2010, 23:42
Oh man this is so sad. I actually now have "no life" working on an anti-whore system....and it is so true :eeks:

christmaspwns
4-12-2010, 23:45
omg ur all so fuckin poor, unbelievable!!! first thing: u all miss the point of the game, if u dont know,remember ,thats a team game- like football or basketball... ur are never that good alone, like u are with ur mates... so the goal of the game actually is to achieve the individual map objectives.... all u selfhealing rambo noob medics do fuck all for the team, u dont heal, dont revieve, dont play teamwhise... so call urself pro, or ska or whatever... ur all just ego rate whores, so in fact ur whores aswell... and no wonder et is a dying game... with all u retards trying to be the one and only, the first, the best on sl or tb!!! no teamwork no fun, and no winning aswell! easy! second thing is: there are ppl playing just for fun, they are not that skilled like some otheres unemployed poor cunts, calling themselves heros or shit, but they have the same right to play and have fun llike everyone else... whatever.. just think about it... oh and sorry for bad language but u make me realy angry with ur retardation....lol antiwhore-system, u people actually got a life???

cheers

This is a RATING system, what would you expect. This RATING system has nothing to do with the fun/teamplay of the game. You are right about your point of view by playing the game without the rating system. People who play for their rating NEED to rambo to get on top.
Got a life? It has nothing to do with that. Every retard can play a map once a day and get easily on top, if you play n frag a bit. Just be thankfull a person like Paul takes time to make up this system to let others play for something. If TB/SL wouldn't be here for pub, the game was already dead trust me :).

Regards,

pro*que pasa?

(HAL)JacKson
5-12-2010, 00:51
TRUE THTS A RATING SYSTEM, BUT THE GAME IS MADE AS A TEAM GAME AND SO THE XP SYSTEM !

if u kill a person u get 3xp , and for a taken med kit u get 1xp and for a revieve 3xp- and that for a REASON! it is a TEAM play game ! otherwise there would be no xp for healing or revieving.. same with all classes...

i respect the people investing time in this system! but disable ppl from rating because they play the game how its supposed to be played or inventing a system that give advantages?! to players they play egostyle isnt a good thing in my opinion... anyway that post was not against paul or ppl woking on tb, that was to all the bitchy egomedics fighting for 1. place! try to heal and revieve ur mates every now and then!
happy fragging
peace

funny just found this on a et site :

Points System
Since Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is a team game, you will not be assessed by frags, but by experience points (XP). For each enemy killed 3xp, for example. For the construction of objects more. The rating system is very intelligent and sophisticated, there are even points that your always "on the scene"....

Le_Furet
5-12-2010, 03:37
Just be thankfull a person like Paul takes time to make up this system to let others play for something.

que pasa, strange, I dont view.... it's paul creat this topic ?

christmaspwns
5-12-2010, 12:10
que pasa, strange, I dont view.... it's paul creat this topic ?

What are you trying to tell me? I don't get your English sentence. If it's Paul who made up this topic, why wouldn't he post it by himself? You are known as being a xp whore yourself, so it's a bit obvious you post it. No further offence, it's just a bit weird.

@Hal JACKSON:
I know this game is made to play as a "team". And let me tell you this. On a side note, 8 out of 10 "xp whores" don't even know about the rating system because they don't play for it. They just see people play in game as a field op / medic whatever and see they are giving ammo. Kids think that's the way the game has to be played and spend their time playing as a fop or medic giving ammo/packs the entire map. Ok, I get that fine with me, because 9 out of 10 don't do this all maps they play. Atleast that's what I've seen, otherwise these so what called "noobs" would be on top already.
But if you see several players playing on servers which DO know about the system and trying to get on top by just getting xp by ammo packs/packs they are registred on tb, getting higher ppms than the "good fraggers" and trying to fuck around on TB by giving a smile at it cuz they are on top without doing shit for it. TrackBase is forced to disable the XP whores, because Paul has written this down all before TB was online. Just remember, Splatterladder is/was full of whores on top for a long time and it doesn't make sense. TrackBase has the ability to let the actual fraggers who play for their rating giving a chance to fight each other instead of seeing a retard xp whoring on top.

I can't believe I took time to write this shit lol

Regards,

pro*que pasa?

Adrian
5-12-2010, 12:22
Guys Stop swearing and using offensive language or i will need to take actions.

(HAL)JacKson
5-12-2010, 20:29
i dont believe it either... haha... nice speech que passa.. all good for me.. we will shoot each other soon..
peace out

Paul
5-12-2010, 20:45
Wanted to close the topic at the first read, but after some more thinking I decided that it will stay open as it results in a good open discussion.

The problem stays is:
1) What would be "proof"
2) Who would check out the "proof" as it will be time consuming
3) When is it actually whoring?
4) What do we do when we find someone "whoring"

It's not a straight as many people think, and I have to agree que pasa is quite right about his say about noobs/whores and the distribution of all the packages.
The fact is that it's made as a fair ranking system, so the argument that mostly came from SL admins was that "we are not police", still got a problem with that since it goes into the hart where the system was made for. Therefore I still want a solution, and people that want to purposely whore can elsewhere. Something I was suggesting: proof with xfire vid/demo + link to the session on TB (needs to be given within 3 days of happening else it's "OLD") and we will reset the rate of that player. (Disabling wouldn't make more sense about this anyway), with the advantage that you can re-use later on.

Twister started the topic as ex-whore and therefore he should get some respect too, it is the symbol of the goal we should want with this.
A player that turns from whoring only to someone that fights for it too not-happen.

N3kr0n
6-12-2010, 01:40
I have a few ideas. First of all, like said before, very many players are "whoring" without even knowing about TB. But they are not even near the top, so nothing should be done about them.

This is why I think there should be some kind of a "magic number", starting from where we could say that people are whoring for rating. Maybe Top 50? First page of TB toplist. Or even Top 30?

Now the question "when is it actually whoring?" This has to be stated very clearly, because it's going to be the main argument for complaints. "Yeah I threw ammo at spawn, but I killed too... I got 40 kills, so I deserve my ppm" etc etc.

I think it's impossible to get a fair system by looking at kills or medpack amount. This is why I propose looking at exp points. It's the easiest to follow and count and doesn't even need a video, just 2 screenshots.

So, my idea: look at a players xp before and after a map (take SS, if needed). Look at total xp gained during that round and medic/fops/covert xp gained. If a player gets for example 1000 xp in 30 mins and 800 of that is med/fops/cov, they're whoring. Even 300/1000 is probably whoring. That's why a set percentage is needed.

I propose: If during a map (over 10 minutes), 40% or more xp of a player in the Top 30 comes from medic/fops/covert, that player is whoring and that player's rating is reset to 20.00. Screenshots of xp before and after map are necessary.

I propose over 10 minutes, because sometimes the map ends so soon that you're "accidentally" whoring. I also propose resetting to 20.00, because going to 0.00 would cause WAY too much whining and complaining and Top 30 will probably always be over 20 rating. And Top 30, because we really don't care about someone who whores himself all the way up to no. 721 on TB.

I see some complaints incoming from the very few people who can actually get to Top 30 using fops/covert in an honest way, without spamming ammo packs or hogging uniforms. IF there are any people like that, you're probably very rare and maybe admins could make an exception for you after speccing and seeing you're really that good with field/covert ops. But I hope this kind of a problem does not arise.

Also, if we're only talking about disabling the very Top, there will always be players who "happen" to spec their competition once in a while and will gladly spend time to get someone ahead of them disabled and 1 more rank for them. So that wouldn't be a problem. I don't think any whorers would stay in Top 30 for long and admins don't have to do practically anything - just look at some screenshots that other "real" players in the top send and click "reset". And Top 30 wouldn't be very time-consuming, maybe 1-2 new whores a day.

Konvict
6-12-2010, 01:40

cheers

LolI dude look at you.. YOu are the poor one, you fail has a fragger, so in your pathetic little mind u need a consolation.. Lets flame the Fraggers, Nerds, Rating ones... You whant team Play?? There are active Et pro Leagues prove yourself there then? Rating = Fragging. So you want a Rating system based on Objective making?? Great, build One, make a site and enjoy urself doing objective. You sir are pathetic flaming on those that make the rating system possible. And all of this coming from a clan that in the past where one of the top whorers to get their rating.. No wonder if they are all has skilled has your ass i would too. But we humans as a failure have to flame something if we cant archieve something.. So i understand you..

.nm
6-12-2010, 04:33
hey there paul, with the stuff you want to do against these rating whores you are not alone, but it seems we both have a different approach to it, and now that i finally got my lazy arse up and set up an own homeserver, and with the help of this great site (man that server add function to instantly let your server get tracked is awsome), i can finally say for sure, that there will be a ratingmode upcoming. With this you will finally all be satisfied and never ever have to watch demos or anything else like that, because the way you try to discuss this now is not the good one imo. First needless insults everywhere, second not really bringing anything to the topic. When i played for rating i can remember, i was also very annoyed of people gaining even a better rate than me, who earned his rate with frags, than someone who gained it with constantly throwing ammo/medpacks at his teammates. I mean its ok, he can do so, but rating imo should only be frags. And this is all said beside you think one should play for rating or not.

You can now flame yourselfes again :bandit:

Greetz

P.S. Paul maybe add me msn or stuff, or just come to the slut forums, so that we can talk some random stuff :D Looking forward :P

(HAL)JacKson
6-12-2010, 11:40
lol! whatever konvict. u dont understand shit!
nekron :claps:

eaGle
6-12-2010, 12:59
I like your ideas Nekron. :cool:

@Jackson

if someone here doesnt understand a shit, its you. We all know that this rating system is made for fraggers who want to get nice ranks, its just a fact that u cant rate with teamplaying, expect by throwing the med/ammo packs or stealing uniforms <-- But then people judges as xpwhorer and its kind a hard to explain that "it was just teamplaying".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But these which do their rate by fragging, usually dont care about team (like heal or giving ammo), its just what i cant stand. I know that mod for teamplaying is ETpro, but still it would more better if all could just do these teamplaying things more usually, than just playing by own and care a shit about rest.

But im glad about that most of the fraggers also help team, but there is also these guys who just run across you, but u cant do nothing for it, just have to live with it.

And usually these "pro's" just join team where is better players, and then when people are saying "even teams?", these guys cant just join losing team. ---> just because they want better rate! They should give also rating change for others.

I have nothing against fraggers, most of them are good guys.

But whorers... they just ruin fraggers rate by just throwing ammo packs. Something must be done to stop whoring, thats why i must say that Nekron's ideas are best at this topic atm.

//eaGle

VS|wArRi0r
6-12-2010, 13:13
So if i understand you guys.. If i see a player low HP and I'm medic... I should not give him med packs because then i am whoring? xP

N3kr0n
6-12-2010, 13:53
No, VS|wArRi0r, this action by itself is certainly not considered whoring, but good team play. However, if it's done by a top rating player and medic xp makes up a very large part of his PPM, then it's called whoring. The point is that it's impossible to get 500+ medic xp per round by just being a team player and healing those who need help. To get that much xp, special "whoring" techniques are needed. That's whoring.

And thanks Jackson and eaGle. Right now, I don't see any big flaws with my method. But maybe .nm has a better idea.

.nm
6-12-2010, 14:44
@Warrior: and there you have hit a critical point. Even when you throw just 1 medic pack at him, or sometimes revive someone, because you actually are also a good teamplayer and could combine both at all, that means beeing useful with support to your team as well as with fragging, you influence your rate in this session and in my opinion you do not really deserve your rate, because you also earn rate for support xp. but that's just my opinion. For me rating is just pure frag, nothing else.

@Nekron: maybe =P

Argun
6-12-2010, 15:10
Rating is just a pure frag. So play as a soldier without any special weapons. Get a thompson and kill until you live. That will be pure rating with pure killing.

Best way is just to create frag server. Without any objectives. Disable special abilities and kill everyone.

In other case play for objectives with a teamwork and show everyone how good you are.

But that's just my opinion :)

.nm
6-12-2010, 15:30
yeah, but why must it always be so black and white. You can play for objective and still frag alot. Both possible. Hell yeah that's the game isn't it: you have this gun, you have an objective, and you gotta use the first to do the second, not the second to do the first. :lol:

Otherwise we would end up at these nice teamplay servers with who i already made experience lol. I couldn't even walk somewhere alone, maybe sneaking behind enemy lines, because it was a "teamplay server" you know :P

gaoesa
6-12-2010, 16:30
I have nothing against rating or raters as long as they are not whiners or stackers.

This discussion about rating purity is little amusing though when the rates made on different servers aren't at all comparable.

However, to this problem, there is an easy solution. N!tmod offers a gametype called deathmatch. In this gametype there are no objectives or teammates. Just kill everything you see. Enable rating only on these servers and the problem is solved. Noone is getting XP from teamplay and also the other thing which many seem to forget/hide even when they like to stack to the better team is solved. This is that your team brings you most if not all of those frags you are so proud.

The NM is going to bring a new scoring system into the [SLUT] mod. This will most likely help but it still doesn't eliminate the team effect to the scores.

Maybe I'm just trolling :P Sorry about it in the first place I know this discussion is only for raters.

VS|wArRi0r
6-12-2010, 16:52
[NM] You are still drunk? xP

So you want a rating system "pure frag" so no helping out other teamplayers [revive, medicpacks(for the ones that ask for it & need it)]... Is it that what TB want to achieve?

Then i can tell you this:

- That's not what ET is all about ( & don't start with go play Etpro then)

- I don't know if i want to be a part of this (so we will not support TB)

P.S N3kron is on a good way in finding the solution, but it will be very difficult. .nm is too extreme , please don't make from this site a "pure frag" ratingsystem

Le_Furet
6-12-2010, 17:51
Hello mates :),

I have an idea for limited the whore(distribute pack on spawn).

Anyone can distribute a numbers of packs on the respawn predefined in advance.:D

Rules/Example :

For respawn under 12" and 12".
Signal : 12 packs every 3 respawn : >> 4 per respawn <<
Medic : 20 packs every 4 respawn : >> 5 per respawn <<

For respawn over 13" and 13".
Signal : 21 packs every 3 respawn : >> 7 per respawn <<
Medic : 36 packs every 4 respawn : >> 9 per respawn <<

Why every 3/4 respawn ?
For limited /kill and killed himself with grenades and go in fight and wait death... :P

For Cover Ops Whore :

Uniform taken is -/= of number of kills isn't whore

Uniform taken is + of number of kills is whore

And many sanction ...(when view in demo more 12/20 packs in spawn)
1- Warn.:O
2- Disable sessions when whore(possible?).
3- Disable rating 1 week.
4- Disable rating 1 month.
5- Disable rating 6 month.
6- Disable rating for ever.:sleeping:

I think is very good rules :).

Thanks for reading,
Le_FuReT~

Good idea? Need improve?

Paul
6-12-2010, 18:26
It's certainly not meant to be a purefrag rating system, you're getting XP as engineer too and using arti and airstrikes are also part of the game and just allowed.

I like N3krons idea, I think that would be some good solution :)

Argun
6-12-2010, 18:35
Maybe N3kron is on a good way, but that idea force other players to keep on eye players from top 30/50. Other top 30/50 won't report whorer because of friendship between them (maybe not between all, but always) and others (light players) will want to watch TOP guys. Except that N3krons idea is good :)

@twister: everything good, but you need to buy a new hard disk to keep all of demos you will record, or you spend your life at recording and deleting demos :]

.nm
6-12-2010, 18:46
Screenshots are spoofable, so are guides, names ...

N3kr0n
6-12-2010, 19:44
Argun, of course everyone can post proof if they want to, not just the top 30. It's just that in my experience, the biggest rivalry is going on in the top and when someone complains about whoring, it's usually another player in the top. That's why I think the most reports would come others in the top. This kind of a system would be practically self-regulating. I doubt anyone would stay unreported for very long.

Also, TB has thousands of users and most of them don't give a shit about whoring. That's why a system that deals with only the top would be easy to implement with minimal overall changes to TB. Those who don't read this forum might not even notice something is going on. A complete revamp to a purefragging system would be too risky and probably make a lot of people quit ET. There could of course be a parallel rating system for fragging mods, test it's popularity etc and keep both running.

Yes, screenshots are spoofable but we can cross that bridge when we get to it. There are always some who can say "Ya, 'tis shopped. Done a few shops myself and I can tell by teh pixels". Also, players can object their resets and there are usually 20+ other people in the server and at least a few must remember if that player whored or not.

Argun
6-12-2010, 20:42
Ok! If so i suggest count top 50. Hope all top players will accept this rule (at least TB users). Hope there won't be anything like "friend cover friend" or "ok, no risk, noone looking". Worst thing is when some whorer find some unknown server.

Screenshots are spoofable like you said but like you also said it can be checked at pixel level (if anyone agree to do that, but someone trustworthy).

Le_Furet
6-12-2010, 22:01
I add N3kr0n Idea on the first post ;)

Add a rank of TB Staff?

tb.WhorerHunter xD :D

@twister: everything good, but you need to buy a new hard disk to keep all of demos you will record, or you spend your life at recording and deleting demos :]

lol :)

Ripjaw
7-12-2010, 12:29
Lol nice idea but it would nvr work and i have to lol hard!! at Pro*n3kron !crying about whoreing -_- him and most of his fellow members whore there ass's off spawn camping. To me spawn camping is a bigger more valid issue that needs sorted more than blokes whore xp for ammo and health.

Oh and =F|A= Have kinda found a way to deal with ammo xp sluts, if you put ammo and health down at spawn no one can pick it up ;) very clever

eaGle
7-12-2010, 12:56
Lol nice idea but it would nvr work and i have to lol hard!! at Pro*n3kron !crying about whoreing -_- him and most of his fellow members whore there ass's off spawn camping. To me spawn camping is a bigger more valid issue that needs sorted more than blokes whore xp for ammo and health.

If they want to make good rate by killing people, they have to do that to get more and more kills.

And that new "setting" or what ever its called, which count just the xp what is made by kills & battlesense, that wouldnt work, except in server where isnt syringe's, med packs, ammo and etc.
Because if people wont get any xp from those things, they wouldnt heal, give ammo or help!!! And then the game is just screwed.

From my point of view, real skill/rate playing is playing in a team & frag at same time, not just by owning people. I dont mean that good teamplaying is just throwing packs to spawn, more like healing, giving ammo, open doors with covie (when uni is stealed) & smth like that.

I must say that if rating gonna be counted by kills & battlesense, most of people would stop playing for rate especially me. There need to be some teamplaying in this game, without it this game would suck.

We just need to make line which is whoring & which not. Nothing else isnt needed.

Thats why Nekron¨s idea is quite good.

ps. No comments like "Go etpro if u want more teamplaying"...

//eaGle

Patriot
7-12-2010, 13:07
i wasnt aware that someone actually was concerned about a rating in this game :)

I stand corrected

Play on a 40+ pubserver and youll get all the xp you need to climb pretty high on any ladder, no matter what class you use
but im not experienced in that tbh ;) i just play for the fun in it

Argun
7-12-2010, 13:40
From my point of view, real skill/rate playing is playing in a team & frag at same time, not just by owning people. I dont mean that good teamplaying is just throwing packs to spawn, more like healing, giving ammo, open doors with covie (when uni is stealed) & smth like that.//eaGle

For that u need to disable double jump... than everything make sense. Otherwise it's like jump jump kill kill :D

I must say that if rating gonna be counted by kills & battlesense, most of people would stop playing for rate especially me. There need to be some teamplaying in this game, without it this game would suck.

It should be enought for hard raters :] But that raters won't get anyone to kill cause "light" players won't join :]

.nm
7-12-2010, 14:02
And that new "setting" or what ever its called, which count just the xp what is made by kills & battlesense, that wouldnt work, except in server where isnt syringe's, med packs, ammo and etc.
Because if people wont get any xp from those things, they wouldnt heal, give ammo or help!!! And then the game is just screwed.

Actually you still get your XP (with that "setting"), just, trackbase won't see it. So you can still heal people if you want, everything stays as it is for the players, you can even raise up in skill levels, just like it is normal in the game. Also your medic packs wont dissappear, no fear. Only the communication between the server and a trackingsite is a little bit modified.

Also a site like trackbase can actually do nothing about it, it will all powers be send to the server admins who can decide on their own if they want to add a setting like this. You can even extend that cvar, add different modes, like add construction skills of the engineer. Also the amount of headshots can be included. Everything still extendable, just use your creativity ;)

N3kr0n
7-12-2010, 14:03

Oh and =F|A= Have kinda found a way to deal with ammo xp sluts, if you put ammo and health down at spawn no one can pick it up ;) very clever

I'm not that concerned about whoring. Just that it seems to be one of the most discussed topics about ranking systems for a long time now and I had a simple idea to solve the problem.

But spawn camping? Really? I understand it's annoying if you get splatted by mortar or arty 5 sec after spawning, but you're concerned about medics spawn camping? You get several seconds of invulnerability after spawning. Get some balls and go kill the medic. You spawn with teammates, attack together.

If other people were as concerned about spawn camping as you, servers wouldn't have messages like SPAWNKILLING ALLOWED, but would prohibit it.

True, sometimes teams can be stacked, but that's why servers have admins and I'm sure that most, if not all, of Pro* members will gladly switch to a weaker team if asked.

Also, if you haven't noticed, a large majority of the rating of the very top players comes from Minas Tirith map and I really can't imagine anyone "whoring their ass off spawnkilling" on a map like Minas.

eaGle
7-12-2010, 16:06
Actually you still get your XP (with that "setting"), just, trackbase won't see it. So you can still heal people if you want, everything stays as it is for the players, you can even raise up in skill levels, just like it is normal in the game. Also your medic packs wont dissappear, no fear. Only the communication between the server and a trackingsite is a little bit modified.

I know that. I meant with "xp" ppm's & rating, maybe i should correct my sentences before posting.. :P

But what i wanted to say with that post, that i think that rate isnt just hard fragging, there should be some teamplaying with fragging and rate should (as now) come both of those things, not just the frags.

But that is what i think about rate playing, nothing else.

But...but... how many but's?

Now we need to focus on the whore thing, before starting this "Where should rate come from".

german
7-12-2010, 16:26
this idea is grap...you would destroy the whole game!!!there are many players who wants in all classes all stars..so they need to throw ammo or medic!!! this is part of the facking game..you can not forbid it!!what is next?? engi whoring with dyna cuz he makes objective??? come down and play!! or do you want to forbid revive too?? cuz this could be also whoring!!!man..this facks me up!!! play the game and stfu

N3kr0n
7-12-2010, 16:31
I agree with eaGle. One problem I see with the frag-only system is that then raters would stop reviving and healing completely. And people might complain about "idiot raters, no teamplay", but in reality, raters are the ones who do the majority of all the revives during a match, simply because they quickly jump back and forth all around the battlefield and can reach corpses on the frontline. Some revive because of teamplay, some because they know they get xp, but most revive for both reasons. Same thing with medpacks - reviving and throwing packs to people with low health during breathers and pauses from fighting can never give enough medic xp to be called whoring, so that's why probably all raters do that.

EDIT: to german Read the whole text, you have nothing to be concerned about, because we're only talking about the first page of TB. People on the first page don't use their rating name to dyno objectives or get stars in all classes. Most of TB players would be totally unaffected. Also, "whoring" means an extremely excessive use of certain class abilities, so if you don't plan to get 500 xp on 1 map with dynamites, you have nothing to worry about.

.nm
7-12-2010, 16:54
..this facks me up!!!

...when stupidity starts to hurt.

@german: didn't they teach you to ask questions when taking at least one moment to think about what you are going to ask. And when you are done on that level, did they not tell you that you should only speak about a thing, when you are aware of what you speak and totally are able to reflect the facts on a certain level ?

I mean it is just rediculous to come into a room full of scientist and tell them that they finally should start believing you that 1 + 1 = 2 :crying:

VS|wArRi0r
7-12-2010, 19:01
I'm with eagle: no need to make TB a "pure frag" rating system =)

Ripjaw
7-12-2010, 21:11
@ N3kron, (But spawn camping? Really? I understand it's annoying if you get splatted by mortar or arty 5 sec after spawning, but you're concerned about medics spawn camping? You get several seconds of invulnerability after spawning. Get some balls and go kill the medic. You spawn with teammates, attack together.)

xD I have pwned you and other top fragers when they have been spawning :P

But you do have a fair point about the mortor/arti they too also wind me up, when i used to play ET 3/4 years ago you were hard pushed to find a server that said 'spawnkill allowed' and tbh im still shocked the amount of servers allow it, i guess its coz alot still did it and as the !bans and !kicks were dished out the server numbers droped.

ET Is still a good game although having lost alot over the years theres so few players these days/and empty servers as there were its just sad to me to see all this camping/hw sk/ and whoreing going on :(

Right i've had my rant im done with chating bout crap. v586!

Soocutie
19-12-2010, 15:34
yes 8 medics max and 2 signal...