View Full Version : Tzac

mrmuppet
13-10-2012, 14:27
http://www.crossfire.nu/news/7778/tz-ac-discontinuation

From Crossfire today;

TZ-AC TZAC
TZ-AC Discontinuation

by MSH100 • TODAY, 00:18 • NEWS

Unfortunately the time has come where TZ-AC will no longer be developed or supported. Following issues with a new partnership with TZ-AC, the project will be discontinued and unusable from the beginning of December.

TZ-AC was a much needed replacement for Punkbuster, which was also discontinued for Enemy Territory last year in October 2011. This means that Enemy Territory will now be left without an actively used anti-cheat client. TZ-AC has been used in ESL and CB matches.

Two years have passed since the first development of TZ-AC (formerly SLAC), so despite its issues now, and the fact it will not longer be supported, we must of course thank khaplja for the development and helping to keep ET in the state it has been in for some time.

Tomislav Zubcic, the developer of TZ-AC will be posting the following about the discontinuation of TZ-AC
after more than 2 years of running this project, I have sad news to announce: I am shutting down TZAC.

From the very start of TZAC, I've tried finding partners and a couple of times it seemed promising, but every time something went wrong. 2 years have been more than enough, I have no hopes anymore, nor motivation to keep working on TZAC and it resulted in lack of updates - which you may have noticed lately.

I'm deeply sorry because I haven't done with TZAC everything I planned on doing - a lot of stuff was not implemented which should have been done ages ago.

I hope that during the project's lifetime it helped you, both league admins and league players.

Therefore, TZAC will be shut down on 1 December 2012. Hopefully you'll find an alternative that will be just as good, or even better.

At YCN-Hosting, we have been supporting the development of TZ-AC for a long time now and are also sad to see its end, however we would like to point out that we will still actively support the Enemy Territory community, and any projects that could improve the number of players, or the fair play of the game.

Dookie
13-10-2012, 14:57
omg omg, gay gay gay, shit crap poop, why is this happening to the ET?

carnage
13-10-2012, 16:27
I'd like to be optimistic, but this is no good news at all...

Unless chaplja decides to hand the project over to somebody else who will then continue its development, prepare yourselves for a dark age for competitive/semi-comp. gaming in ET. And unless there's been people secretly working on an alternative AC all this time, it surely won't be too easy to keep an eye on players who actually know how to hide the fact they're hacking.

Paranoia and shadiness of players will rise exponentially.

ibunforgiven
25-10-2012, 14:37
Tzac back.

sosA
25-10-2012, 18:26
source: http://www.crossfire.nu/journals/146930/tzack-said-fuck

That's it folks!
Posted by chaplja on 23 Oct 2012 17:04

This is an update to the latest news post where I said there's a chance TZAC may stay online.
The news are the negotiations have failed and thus on 1 December it'll be shut down.
Please don't ask me to give you the project so you can continue working - it won't happen.

Thank you chaplja, and Crossfire be prepared for the glory days of zaaba and other hacking stuff.

And cuz this is the tradition of journals about dropping tzac i'm writing : ET IS DEAD.

Zdrovej

ranzig
25-10-2012, 20:46
source: http://tz-ac.com/topic.php?id=1018

Good news - TZAC stays online!

Alright people, it's time to end this drama, TZAC will stay online and it'll be free.

Thanks to a member who's been supporting TZAC for a long time, peaches, TZAC will stay online and it'll be free to use.

However, during next few months I will be working on ways to monetize TZAC while keeping it generally free to use. The plan is to introduce low-cost premium accounts which would give some additional features (but TZAC would function normally even if you don't pay), perhaps own clan/match system on the site including tournaments, etc.

Written by chaplja on 25 Oct 2012 04:39

sosA
26-10-2012, 01:23
missed that one. thnx

Hy0...
3-11-2012, 09:59
Thx for all your work chaplja !

ibunforgiven
3-11-2012, 11:23
I'd like to be optimistic, but this is no good news at all...

Unless chaplja decides to hand the project over to somebody else who will then continue its development, prepare yourselves for a dark age for competitive/semi-comp. gaming in ET. And unless there's been people secretly working on an alternative AC all this time, it surely won't be too easy to keep an eye on players who actually know how to hide the fact they're hacking.

Paranoia and shadiness of players will rise exponentially.

The times of the Shadow is gone. Middle Earth is safe again. Orcs have been defeated.Sauron vanished

Sad:[
6-11-2012, 16:34
chaplja is dead?

daredevil
6-11-2012, 17:07
chaplja is dead?

lol ?