PDA

View Full Version : lags with medic packs

team-ingolf Galaxy
8-05-2012, 18:02
So I'm having this really weird problem and I hope someone can help me out.

I'm experiencing this problem only on jaymod 2.2.0. Every time I want to heal myself or just want to drop some medic packs my ping goes up to 700. This doesnt happen when I'm just shooting or whatever.

I basically have no idea what the problem could be.

Yours sincerely, Galaxy

Jari
8-05-2012, 18:23
wow weird, never heard that before,
i'll ask some friends for some tips!

JoNny
8-05-2012, 18:58
well, i have heard about doing something and then the lag begins, but not just for medic packs :o
some1 any ideas?

bartmen
8-05-2012, 19:04
maybe have something else bound to the key you use to chose medpacks?

team-ingolf Galaxy
8-05-2012, 19:08
well, i have heard about doing something and then the lag begins, but not just for medic packs :o
some1 any ideas?

well, I'm actually only playing medic, I don't no about other classes. But at least I don't lag while shooting.

maybe have something else bound to the key you use to chose medpacks?

I doubt that is the problem, since it's on default. And then there would be some others with this problem, too, I guess.

Thx for helping anyway

MiLkZz
8-05-2012, 20:38
Can't be anything else than that you got some hotkeys set in windows and that they are still active when you play ET.
Because that is really specific lag and I can't find any other reason why it would lag. This can be a hotkey you don't even know
the existence off.

No, this is some weird ass lag xd

team-ingolf Galaxy
9-05-2012, 11:55
Can't be anything else than that you got some hotkeys set in windows and that they are still active when you play ET.
Because that is really specific lag and I can't find any other reason why it would lag. This can be a hotkey you don't even know
the existence off.

No, this is some weird ass lag xd

Well then it would lag on every server and every mod, wouldnt it? But it only starts lagging when im dropping them, i can press 6 and everythings fine. but after the 3rd pack ping goes up.

i guess no one has a solution for that :D

Patriot
9-05-2012, 13:11
Did you download a cfg with an unhitable feature while healing yourself?

some ppl tend to make it so they got very high pings to avoid getting hit

just a thought

csl
9-05-2012, 14:06
I dont know what the problem is exactly but as Patriot said it may be something in your config. Could be a messed up bind as well.

JoNny
9-05-2012, 15:08
well, if you've got a config try the standard one, with the command /exec etconfig.cfg
then your name will change and all your settings are being reset.
if it still lags then we know that it isn't the config;)

JoNny
9-05-2012, 15:08
well, if you've got a config try the standard one, with the command /exec etconfig.cfg

team-ingolf Galaxy
10-05-2012, 01:02
Did you download a cfg with an unhitable feature while healing yourself?

some ppl tend to make it so they got very high pings to avoid getting hit

just a thought

no, these kind of scripts are pretty lame, and i also doubt that this would be useful

that command would just exec my normal config. there is indeed a command which resets all ur settings back to default, but i forgot it. i might try it, but i still think thats not the solution

edit: its cvar_restart

Patriot
10-05-2012, 07:34
Is it on all 2.2.0 servers?
try join 81.91.242.31:27966 an test there, its a basic 2.2.0 with enhanced mod and enhanced hud

team-ingolf Galaxy
28-06-2012, 17:18
solved the problem. even though i think no one of u will ever have this problem, i'll share the solution.

its because i binded pmove_fixed 1 to bind 6. so when i have medic packs i can move better. apparently thats not working on jaymod.

so remember: On jaymod u lag with pmove_fixed 1

Glax
1-07-2012, 16:56
So I'm having this really weird problem and I hope someone can help me out.

I'm experiencing this problem only on jaymod 2.2.0. Every time I want to heal myself or just want to drop some medic packs my ping goes up to 700. This doesnt happen when I'm just shooting or whatever.

I basically have no idea what the problem could be.

Yours sincerely, Galaxy

Ah yeah,
You are caught by a internal bug :p.. You should update your files to the latest versions, (Open the "Unwise.exe" in your W:ET folder, and press Repair).

The recommended option is to reinstall ET. I should give you the best link there; DOWNLOAD LINK (http://filebase.trackbase.net/et/full/WolfET_2_60b_custom.exe).

This should fix internal bugs on your Enemy Territory.

Sincerely,
Glax.

testforecho
2-07-2012, 08:50
solved the problem. even though i think no one of u will ever have this problem, i'll share the solution.

its because i binded pmove_fixed 1 to bind 6. so when i have medic packs i can move better. apparently thats not working on jaymod.

so remember: On jaymod u lag with pmove_fixed 1
selfbust with lag script :D

joking ... :p

imho pmove is old, at least on etpro pmove_fixed 1 + b_fixedphysics 1 = fail

it shouldn't even be allowed, actually

Glax
2-07-2012, 10:28
That's also a internal bug.