PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] TrackBase Frags of the Week/Month

Shownie
2-05-2012, 23:30
Hello there dear community members!

I give you the opportunity to be part of a series of swesome (that's awesome BTW...) frag VIDEOS starring YOU!

In this project (if enough votes) am I going to produce a series of Frags of the Week/Month VIDEOS sent in by the TrackBase community!

I am thinking of starring 5 - 10 players each Week/Month depending on the duration of the frags.

VIDEOS ARE NOT A WAY OF SHOWING OFF THE BIGGEST WHORES OR PPM-TOP LIST PLAYERS! THIS IS MEANT TO BE FUN AND FOR EVERY TRACKBASE USERS! PLAYERS WILL BE CHOSEN BY MY (SHOWNIE) OR A JURY (INCLUDING ME) SO WE CAN SHOW WHAT WE CONSIDER IS A FRAG OF THE WEEK/MONTH!!! THIS WILL ONLY BE A SMALL ADDON FOR THE COMMUNITY. A WAY TO SHOW OFF AND MARKETING TRACKBASE AT THE SAME TIME. YOU AS A PLAYER/USER HAVE THE CHANCE OF BEING FAMOUS (IN THE SMALL WORLD WE CALL ESPORT... OR AT LEAST HERE AT TRACKBASE.

So sounds great eh? Cast your vote and hope for some swesome frags on the big screen (depending on your own monitor...) any time soon!

FAQ

Q: What mods is supported?
A: ETPro, ETPub, ETNam, ETMain, Jaymod, NQ, silEnT, N!tmod.

Q: What patch is supported?
A: Only 2.55 and 2.60b

Q: What type of demo is supported?
A: Only the built-in demos are supported (Extension .dm_83/84)

Q: What maps are supported?
A: All major maps.

Q: Do I have to be a registered user?
A: capital Y E S !

Q: Can I send in more than one demo?
A: You can only send in ONE demo each Week/Month

Q: How do I send in a demo?
A: Rename your demo to "playername-mapname.dm_83/84" zip it and mail it to shownie@trackbase.net or mail a link to a download link!

MiLkZz
3-05-2012, 12:08
What's the medium that will be used?
You just post the cut .dm_ demo's or make them nice + commentary on youtube?

Sounds like cool idea, hope you get enough response :)

Good luck

Shownie
3-05-2012, 23:31
What's the medium that will be used?
You just post the cut .dm_ demo's or make them nice + commentary on youtube?

Sounds like cool idea, hope you get enough response :)

Good luck

Demos are cut and edited by me. Focus is high quality (that is why we use the .dm_ files) and good editing. Commentaries is not on my list, perhaps I will consider make someone do that. But the main idea is to every week/month show some nice frags in a enjoyable video. Best part is that the community members is the stars and not the all-time-starred players from ESL or CB etc :)

testforecho
4-05-2012, 08:29
You just post the cut .dm_ demo's

Demos are cut and edited by me.
maybe he wanted to ask whether he should cut the .dm_ file, making a smaller demo (still in .dm format) with only the best frag in it, instead of sending the full demo of the whole map

sosA
4-05-2012, 09:55
Demos are cut and edited by me.

So there end the communities choice? Reading it this way it will eventually become your choice imo.

Shownie
4-05-2012, 18:13
maybe he wanted to ask whether he should cut the .dm_ file, making a smaller demo (still in .dm format) with only the best frag in it, instead of sending the full demo of the whole map
I am not sure if you can cut the dm files. Anyway it is not needed.

So there end the communities choice? Reading it this way it will eventually become your choice imo.
It is not the community that are making the video or decides the content. The community simply sends in a demo and hopes he get choosen. Simple is that.

Cheers!

testforecho
5-05-2012, 13:09
I am not sure if you can cut the dm files. Anyway it is not needed.

It is possible to cut them, but if you say it's not needed, then no problem...
I just thought you would prefer to watch a smaller demo, that's all.

Shownie
11-05-2012, 15:30
Not a popular topic this. I guess players just don't care any more? :)

MiLkZz
11-05-2012, 16:58
Well, when are you going to start collecting demos? :)

Shownie
12-05-2012, 11:25
thats a nice idea but its gonna take too much time and work i guess its not doable but good luck with ur project !

That is not even your concern, is it? Sorry to sound harsh, but it aint :)

MilkZz: 11 votes for yes does not make we want to start this. Perhaps if we reach 20 votes or something, otherwise it wont be any good. :)

This is just a win for everyone, no one is loosing on this.

Cheers!

MiLkZz
12-05-2012, 13:09
That is not even your concern, is it? Sorry to sound harsh, but it aint :)

MilkZz: 11 votes for yes does not make we want to start this. Perhaps if we reach 20 votes or something, otherwise it wont be any good. :)

This is just a win for everyone, no one is loosing on this.

Cheers!

Depends on how much you would like to do this. You can make a first episode as an example to how it is going to be.
11 votes ain't much, but you can get more if you show the community how it is going to be and that you really mean
it and want to make time for it.

Shownie
12-05-2012, 15:16
I don't see why more people would vote if they saw how it would look. As I said, the only one working is me. I haven't invited someone to work along me. I run my own video editing business so that is the reason I try to start things like this.

But ET is not as it used to be *period*

Shownie
12-05-2012, 15:16
I don't see why more people would vote if they saw how it would look. As I said, the only one working is me. I haven't invited someone to work along me. I run my own video editing business so that is the reason I try to start things like this.

But ET is not as it used to be *period*

SergeXE
15-05-2012, 21:00
I'm not sure what people's reactions would be if this gets started but I say give it a go. It's a fresh idea to add to the table/site and it wouldn't hurt to try, I've always watched different types of ET video material. As long as the content, music, editing is enjoyable to watch/listen too.

Shownie
15-05-2012, 22:53
Thank you for sharing your opinion! :)

DRi*DaRkPiMp
7-09-2012, 08:46
Great idea. I'll send one as soon as you decide, shownie.
Also, the demo I have mind I already want to submit for your current side project with us, so if it's worthy, could be killing two birds with one stone. :)
+1

sorry, didn't realize how old this was. my bad.

Dragonji
8-09-2012, 18:05
I think no movie will be ever created. Look that the last post was made almost 3 months ago...

Jari
10-09-2012, 15:09
I think no movie will be ever created. Look that the last post was made almost 3 months ago...

indeed lol

gzzzvictory
4-04-2013, 13:59
I wanted even to make demos but therefore i need a recorder and fraps is well for normal SP games but defently not for ET, idk i iam to dump to find the thread with a recording topic but is there anybody who is able to send me the settings/commands which i have to put into my cfg :). Need a quick reply :P.

relic
4-04-2013, 14:04
know shownie got his hands full with life and other movie projects.
And as he some kind of perfectionist it takes all his time :)

gzzzvictory
4-04-2013, 14:08
oke ty for replay, any chances to get fast into contact with shownie? :) or he is mostly a busy man :)

Patriot
4-04-2013, 14:31
dm_83???

anyway good idea

gzzzvictory
4-04-2013, 14:46
indeed :)

Shownie
4-04-2013, 18:52
>.<

As I left the TrackBase staff I left all projects within. I am embarrassed that I totally forgot this. Could be because there weren't enough votes back then. My apologize to the entire community, or at least to them who voted "YES"...

Sorry, Shownie

Jari
5-04-2013, 12:34
ah cool so Shownie is still sometimes on TB:p.
it still would be cool if you do this project !:)

gzzzvictory
5-04-2013, 12:43
I agree with Jari :), so let us recover this Project :D if shownie is disposed to go on with it =)

JoNny
5-04-2013, 13:22
>.<

As I left the TrackBase staff I left all projects within.

hmmm

Shownie
8-04-2013, 20:26
hmmm

Please, if I knew a better workflow for it I would do it. If we would pull off this there would be demos from like four different mods; Jaymod, NQ, silEnT, ETPro, N!tmod etc... It would require a huge mapbank. Also the need of music, I know there is royalty free music out there but anyway...

The workflow isn't really the best as for now, and it would not be doable each week, more likely each month or so. It is clearly not a one-man-project. Sorry, maybe if I find a better workflow for it.

Cheers, Shownie