PDA

View Full Version : Bug or just new formula?

MiLkZz
31-03-2012, 16:28
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8623/wtfbef.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/wtfbef.png/)

I was rating on ETc just now, and I did a pretty good map. But got a weird rating o.o

As you can see in the picture, the timer is wrong: should be +-10min
So the ppm should be recalculated but 40kill in 10 min = +-30 ppm for TSP
I got 25 TSP so shouldn't I get + TSP?

I played this map before and got +- the same k/d and kills/min and same TSP and back then
I got a nice chunk of TSP.

So is this a bug or did something change? Just wanted to report, because don't see my reserved
names either :s.

giriel
31-03-2012, 16:49
The reserved names list is a bug but should already be fixed.
We're changing some functionality and seems like that part was forgotten.

About the rating problem, you haven't received additional TSP points because the average TSP rating of that map was quite high.
The new tracker sometimes doesn't receive valid data due to numerous reasons, if this happens we simply do not scan for that attempt and try again the next time. As such the session length isn't as accurate as we'd want it to be.
In this case the only effect it had was the amount of people whose session was ranked and whom have influenced the calculation of the average.

We haven't yet found a good solution for this problem and I don't think we will, luckily it doesn't happen that often.

MiLkZz
31-03-2012, 19:33
Ok, so TSP given for kills can vary from map to map?

If so, is there a update log somewhere with the changes to each map?

ps.: thanks for fast answer :)

Rasen
1-04-2012, 20:22
Thanks to this topic I can ask about one thing: why rifle nade frags are not being counted in TB's K/D and also calculeted into TSP ?

P.S: I'll post screenshot later with ingame stats and TB one.

giriel
1-04-2012, 21:20
Ok, so TSP given for kills can vary from map to map?

If so, is there a update log somewhere with the changes to each map?

ps.: thanks for fast answer :)

I'm afraid I can't follow :)

The TSP is calculated based on quite a few things that I have explained in http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/723-OFFICIAL-W-ET-Discussion-new-rating-method

Next to that your rating is always calculated in relation to the other players who have played in that map.

A fix has been proposed for it to be compared only on a team basis but hasn't yet put into service.

Rasen, we are aware of those kills not being counted.
This is because they are already counted within the engineering XP and we don't want to double count.
When the next version of the tracker will launch this will be fixed.

Rasen
1-04-2012, 21:51
Ok, I'm looking forward for that fix :)

MiLkZz
2-04-2012, 23:34
Example:
in map A you get 100/20 k/d, in 30 min
TSP given = +0,1
in map B you get 100/20 k/d, in 30 min
TSP given = -0,1

So it seems that not only kills, HS, hits, etc influence TSP but also the kind of map :s.

It just 'feels' like it, don't know if it is true :p.

ps.: ah so other players are taken into account now too :), good.

JoNny
3-04-2012, 10:53
Read this http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/723-OFFICIAL-W-ET-Discussion-new-rating-method
TSP is being calculated also with battle sense, engineering and how the others played, so if you had 100/20 in 'A' and you were the only one who had 17+ppm e.g. then you get easy +rate
but if e.g. 40% of the players in map 'B' have got 17+ppm then you probably won't get that easy a +rating anymore..
if the 40% are then just ppl with lowrating (let's say 4rating) then you won't get +rating bcs lowraters had the same ppm as a highrater so it's not good by the highrater..

hope you got it now :D, if you still have questions to TSP then ask,

giriel
3-04-2012, 11:19
Maps are the one thing that do not influence TSP :)

khaled
3-04-2012, 17:37
So as jonny said, it should protect that by unfair teamss (means many highrates one team and many lowraters in the other team), you wont get easy rating cuz many got high ppm after all..thats what i understand..am i right??

giriel
3-04-2012, 20:04
At the moment it does not yet fix the problem with unfair teams.
But we are planing to change that situation.

khaled
3-04-2012, 21:41
well i think you shouldn t....its the job of the admins on their server to keep teams fair...unfair teams shouldnt influence rating...my opinion..

Mccloud
3-04-2012, 22:10
well i think you shouldn t....its the job of the admins on their server to keep teams fair...unfair teams shouldnt influence rating...my opinion..

true that

mirqli
4-04-2012, 12:31
He's meaning this:

A fix has been proposed for it to be compared only on a team basis but hasn't yet put into service.

When your rating is compared to your team it makes teamstacking and teamhopping useless from the rating point of view. If you rate with high raters on your team it's gonna be harder to get positive results than on the low rate team.

From the original "new rating method" topic:

And, last but not least, I think these statistics should be compared only with teammates not enemies, because maps are not symmetrical, and teams could be stacked, so you must compare how well the player does if compared to his team mates, who play against the same enemies, and have the same problems with maps favoring axis or allies, makes no sense to compare someone with a player in another team.

I completely agree with this, like it's been said on the other forum aswell. Almost without an exception defending team makes more damage in total than the attacking one so this should be definitely considered too.

equaLz
4-04-2012, 13:08
Gotta disagree, not every admin/server care about that as much... what about situations if there arent any admins online? So those high raters can still join all the same team and get high rating with a unfair way?

I think both admins and the ranksystem need to do something.

Thanks,
Risk'Oldirty?

MiLkZz
4-04-2012, 20:56
Don't see many admins doing their job than xd.

But great system guys, I like it and yes I agree with only look at the players team, not enemy team.

This topic cleared a lot of things for me :). Seems a pretty fair system, although I don't find the top TSP players the most 'skilled' yet.
But it is close :) and perfection doesn't exist. So really like this rate system.

JoNny
4-04-2012, 23:24
[...]

But great system guys, [...]

This topic cleared a lot of things for me :). Seems a pretty fair system, [...] So really like this rate system.

nice to hear some good feedback:)