PDA

View Full Version : Demo Viewer

=EMP=Cutterbeck
13-02-2012, 04:06
What I'm looking for is a viewer that will show a true view of the player being viewed in the demo. Most demos are from the person recording the demos view. I not sure if there is such a viewer. Or is there a command for ET Wolf that will allow you to see demos or screenshots true view?

Patriot
13-02-2012, 12:50
To my knowledge there isnt such a possibility.

=EMP=Cutterbeck
13-02-2012, 15:54
Ok thanks Patriot.
I do know there is a screenshot program that shows the true view, but you need to have PB running. For some reason we can't get PB to run on our server. The program is called Scram. It was written by **DRC**SgtSpike, from das Rebellion clan.

Patriot
13-02-2012, 16:13
if you have the newest pb uploaded to your server and put in a directory called pb

isnt it just to write pb_sv_enable in server.cfg ? thats how i do it, and it works

i only have our silent server running pb atm, but it is working there

The demos you gets are not actually views, its taken from the logs and there just a bunch of messages saying what has happend.

fov, crosshairs and other gfx stuff will always be your own cfg.

You can try and use this when you review a demo /r_shownormal 1, that makes it so you can see if the player is tracking ppl through walls. dont use it on a live server, only recommended for demo reviewing.

Here is the program im using when i looking at my demoes --> http://www.seismovision.net/

your welcome to catch me on xfire if you need help with getting pb enabled

=EMP=Cutterbeck
13-02-2012, 16:40
Thanks again. I have seen the seismovision, but had not downloaded it yet.

mirqli
13-02-2012, 16:50
What you mean with a true view of the player? thirdperson? freecam?

Shownie
13-02-2012, 17:41
It sounds to me he is looking for freecam, which is only available in etpro.

mirqli
13-02-2012, 18:47
If I remember correctly it's available for other mods aswell if you use Ultraviolet Movie Mod (http://myhannes.info/stuff/movie/Software/MovieMod/mmMod-et.pdf) it can be downloaded HERE (http://myhannes.info/ccount11/click.php?id=4)

testforecho
13-02-2012, 18:55
I don't know what you actually mean when you say 'true view', so I don't know how I can help you
A screenshot? (pb or better tzac)
Watching a demo from another player point of view? (wolfcam, but it works only for etpro and partially some other mods)
Delag a demo to see real aim instead of having it lagging behind with high pings? (image_et)
External camera / 3rd person? (etpro, maybe other mods for free view, 3rd person is cg_thirdperson)

Since you mention pb, then maybe you mean screenshot? Having an etpro server with tzac would be the best option there.

seismovision won't help you for any of these things, I think

Rudi
13-02-2012, 19:11
See here, I assume this is what you're wanting: http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31901-Demo-Viewer

=EMP=Cutterbeck
13-02-2012, 20:42
See here, I assume this is what you're wanting: http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31901-Demo-Viewer

That's funny. The person that started that thread is my son. We are both looking for answers.

Ok here is what I want to know. Say player "a" is taking a video of player "d". because he think's player "d" may have some kind of hack. Player "a" then sends me the demo to look at. The demo would show only what player "a" could see. Is there a demo viewer that would show me exactly what player "d" see's when they are playing? Thus a "true view"

testforecho
13-02-2012, 21:13
The answer is no, because the demo only records what the server sends to player "a" (player coordinates, events and stuff) it's *not* a movie, it's just a stream of data.

You have no way to know what player "d" saw, actually in the demo you don't even see where he was really aiming, because of a thing called client prediction, which doesn't get recorded in demos, and can't be seen while 'speccing' somebody. So you will see his aim slightly 'in the past' (lagging behind the target).

Let's say you want to know whether player "d" has a wallhack or not, that is if he is able to see enemies behind walls.

The only way you can do it is by watching the demo, and while you watch it type the command /r_shownormals 1
This way you can see players behind walls (you can't use that command when you play). Then you have to carefully judge it and see if some of his decisions can be only justified by the fact that he can see behind walls, and not because of sounds, guesses, map, watching from a team mate's point of view while dead, luck, etc. etc.

Sometimes it's obvious that they cheat, sometimes you need to have some experience to see it (bad players have no idea about how an experienced one can 'read' the game and predict what enemies can do, so they end up suspecting 'clean' players), sometimes it's hard to tell even if you have experience. But if you watch 2-3 demos generally if someone cheats you can see it.

edit:
on etpro you can use wolfcam to watch a demo from another player's point of view. For example I once played in a 3on3 and I 'felt' that something weird was going on. Later I took my own demo, and opened it with wolfcam, and so I could watch it from my opponent's point of view with r_shownormals 1, and I saw that 2 of them had an obvious wallhack, not even trying to hide it. Of course I couldn't have watched them when I was playing, so this tool is very useful.

avery13
13-02-2012, 21:28
By a true view.. we are meaning a view of what the player is seeing on their screen. So if they are using a wallhack, it will show up on the video. It's been answered though. Thanks Rudi and Patriot for your help!