PDA

View Full Version : Thinking out of the box here

Patriot
31-01-2012, 17:31
Im part of a clan with around 20+ members of which some is inactive and some is pretty busy atm so not that much activity from them either.
We have a great deal with a UK based ISP that have supported us with serverhardware for more than 7 years now. All for free,
Atm we have following et servers running
- 2.55+ Jaymod 2.20 with EnhMod and 36 slots
- 2.55+ Silent 0.5.0 with 30 slots
- 2.55 Jaymod Sniper server with 28 slots
- 2.60b Noquarter 1.2.9 with 40 slots
- 2.60b ETPro 3.2.6 with 24 slots usually public with Tzac, but sometimes set as Private
number of servers can be changed so can mods, slots and settings ofc, but thats the current ones
and we have a 250 slots teamspeak3 server running
Here are our clansite on Trackbase --> http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=claninfo&cidx=214Many of us has been in our Clan for a very long time 5+ years, and many of us are 20+ in age some way over that.
Well what im trying to say here is that we are interested in forming some sort of a Community with other active clans.
We have working servers, working teamspeak, working website that easily can be rearranged so other clans could fit right in.
Im not suggesting merge here, im suggesting that if some clans are interested we could take a few talks and see if we could get along and make somthing happen
clans interested in this will have to be active and have 8+ active members, also have a clear preference on what server they would like to use, and use it ofc also be willing to register on our website and participate in debate there, so serverstuff can be made there, and if you have own servers they would need to be shut down asap
for that youll get admin on the prefered server and have a very big say in maps, settings etc etc and ofc youll be allowed to recruit from there
ok this is just me thinking out of the box here, but are there some nice active clans reading this and are interested then you can catch me on xfire patriotqube or register here http://et.qubenet.net/portal.php and we can chat
im hoping that we can get like 2 or more clans interested in using a server together on equal terms. actually im hoping we could get 2 or more clans interested on each server so we would be like 10-15 clans in the end
would also give us some fun opportunities to arrange smal cups, maybe like 1v1 or 3v3 or whatever as i said thinking out of the box here
imo if we can gather us into rather large communities we would be able to keep servers beeing a fun place, because most ppl using them would use masterserver or whatever. so we wouldnt have to count on getting new ppl in, would be great if it happend but wouldnt be a disaster if not.
oh and there no money involved in this.
greetings Patriot

JoNny
31-01-2012, 17:53
well. sounds like you need that fusions.
So good luck with that, hope some clans will be found for that which are on nearly the same level/point like you now :)

Jari
31-01-2012, 20:07
What about us SEXMAD Gaming?,
we have 2 servers, 1 silent 1 tj
silEnt = 2.55(+) ip: 213.108.31.166:27030
TJ = 2.55(+) also ip: 213.108.31.64:27010
The clan stands for 3+- years or something like that with the name SexMad Gaming, tag: sM
atm we've got a Rating team called (-sM/)
we've got a scrim team!, called ( uniQ{ ) the scrimteamleader is one of the best dutch etpro players: Ati_.NL :p
Well im not the owner of the clan but im owner of the rating team.
U always can contact us @ our forum (http://fragz.forumotion.co.uk/)
or contact the owners of sM| on xf: asdsa01 or me: modestepx

Regards, Gen'

german
31-01-2012, 21:16
sounds nice :) really much server..maybe ´bit too much :) but if they are for free how you saied..
where are the server locations??
i will check this silent server out :D
greetz
/////Fear

Patriot
1-02-2012, 08:39
@Mirabilis
I added you on xfire, lets chat there

@german
All servers are located London UK, ask Reaction to contact me if your interested, oh and btw try have a small look on your clanpage here on TB, look where you have written our server ;)

@All
If anyone interested plz contact me,

Jari
1-02-2012, 10:05
Good we will talk Patriot=)

Patriot
1-02-2012, 12:18
cool

just as a sidenote.

Our Jaymod, Noquarter and Silent server are all added to the new rating system made by Paul here.

and they are all sending heartbeats to Pauls masterserver + ofc the ID one when that if ever gets up and running again.

JoNny
1-02-2012, 14:53
sounds nice, i'm in no clan atm but added you alsoo :)

german
1-02-2012, 16:23
ähmm..@patriot :D sorry dude..why i have to ask you if i am interested??qubenet is something different to sm/ right??
pls help me :D can not follow
greetz

mrmuppet
1-02-2012, 18:36
Good luck Patriot it is difficult for all at the moment, with the demise of PB and then the loss of master server list regardless of any semi fix, the community is dwindling, too many clans, too many servers and no enough players!
We where looking at some thing similar even with all our active members due to the fact we need an experienced game server admin/co-leader but all the best and choose wisely.

Patriot
2-02-2012, 11:34
@german
Your in Team fatality right? what i ment was that if you look on Team fatalitys clansite here on Trackbase they are announcing our Qube Silent server as their homeserver, I have spoken with Reaction before about doing somthing like what im suggesting here, it just kinda ran out in the sand ;)

Anyway if your interested ad me on xfire and lets chat.

@mrmuppet
Thanks mate, and yeah it is, there are only a few communities/clans now that actually have a chance of keeping it alive by themselves now.
Im making this suggestion at this time, because im hoping to get in touch with some of the active clans that can see how it will turn out, and can see that by joining theyll have a better chance of staying alive, afterall what makes the game worth playing is that you can play against other ppl,I know that we still see new ppl in the game, but that im afaraid will be way less in the future, so getting a lot of people to play on the same server on a regularely base will mean imo that people will have fun, but that will also again imo make sure that those people will keep playing et and thereby extend the time the game will last ;) well thats my hope.

After what i can see then your guys also have a nice deal with YCN so yeah your clan would also be one of those trying to get somthing like this going imo, glad to hear im not the only one thinking about this :) and good luck to you to

@ All
If what im writing makes any sense at all to you, then just contact me and we can talk more detailed in private

Patriot
3-02-2012, 11:46
Just made a post on our forum concerning this, your welcome to read and participate if interested

http://et.qubenet.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4471

Patriot
10-02-2012, 09:51
Ok we thought and has decided to see if we can get it going

so this thread should be closed and you should look here --> http://forum.trackbase.net/threads/1129-Qubenet-Gaming-Community-QGC-Looking-for-Clans?p=12438#post12438

:)

JoNny
10-02-2012, 15:46
//closed