PDA

View Full Version : Is Minas tirith playable without double jump ?

Manu
14-12-2011, 21:23
Do you think we can play this map without double jump ?
I've seen it on a server, i personnaly didn't like but i wanted your opinions.

I mean is it attractive / fun / playable ? Tell me what you think :)

Patriot
14-12-2011, 22:44
Map wasnt made to be used with Doublejump, it was made by Gerbil and tested on a private Qubeserver with ETPro and NoQuarter as mods

Imo its his secondbest map ever and always a pleasure to play

mirqli
15-12-2011, 11:54
The greatest public fun map ever made and yes it's playable w/o double jump :)

mirror
15-12-2011, 13:51
bugged home made map just another one bugged map by some random enthusiasts ... always sad to see it on servers ... but ye playable without double jump ....

detoren
15-12-2011, 14:07
Most booring map i have ever played nothing like the real world i like small spaces little villages and stuff like that big open spaces long halways always arty and mortar and lots snipers i am a et soldier not a marathon runner ^^. woold be a fun map if someone packs it with moving trucks tanks and other obstacles and trees outside .

relic
15-12-2011, 14:18
bugged home made map just another one bugged map by some random enthusiasts ... always sad to see it on servers ... but ye playable without double jump ....

its a great made map and im still struck how well made it is with details. so say its bugged home made (most maps are made by enthusiasts) is just wrong.
l

Shagileo
15-12-2011, 14:18
It's a great looking map, but it's far from finished.
I love the level of detail though, as I have a miniature version replica of the Minas Tirith area that came with the special LOTR 3 DVD edition =)

Anyhow, I think it's playable, but more tense with double jump on as the action keeps on going.
It's no wonder loads of DJ servers out there run this map.
However, I think more tactics will be in order without DJ rushing

d3sire
15-12-2011, 14:43
For me it is the most boring map, even with doublejump.

mirror
15-12-2011, 23:01
its a great made map and im still struck how well made it is with details. so say its bugged home made (most maps are made by enthusiasts) is just wrong.
l

well i have pretty cool graphic settings in my config and they work pretty cool on every stadart maps and on some others like supply,bremen,radar,delivery etc..... but basicly i can say as 1st that im not such a big nerd to have a new config for every home made shit maps and as 2d if a map wasnt tested on all locations it shouldnt be online what obv means that it has lags and bugs...

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3308/bug1337f.jpg say hello for an axis guy at this pic on one of locations at this home made shit

ye well made details sadly cant see them haha

Manu
15-12-2011, 23:33
What i hate without double jump is you stay long time being unactive, trying to get objective or find an enemy (or allied also ^^). You're alone, for a long time in this empty space of pixel. But i like the map xD you can suicide yourself and get a lot of isaac newton awards (nq) easyly.

Patriot
16-12-2011, 12:50
well i have pretty cool graphic settings in my config and they work pretty cool on every stadart maps and on some others like supply,bremen,radar,delivery etc..... but basicly i can say as 1st that im not such a big nerd to have a new config for every home made shit maps and as 2d if a map wasnt tested on all locations it shouldnt be online what obv means that it has lags and bugs...

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3308/bug1337f.jpg say hello for an axis guy at this pic on one of locations at this home made shit

Its quite easy to take others work and then just piss on it, Gerbil did a great job with MT as he also did With Helmsdeep, and all the other MML maps he was involved with

As i said we supplied servers for private testing of both HD and MT where we tested the maps and helped finding bugs, as you can see MT is only as FP3 = first playable 3, which means its not even close to be called a finished map, still its very popular.

Gerbil was working on MT (and his new map Moria which never was released to publics, we uses it sometimes to play LMS on) when real life got in his way so he couldnt finish neither

You should try and logon to a server running Helmsdeep and look at the gfx works there, its awesome, also in his lotr maps he aimed to have a start where it was open so the snipers etc also could play, and after first barrier was breach it was ment to be intensive face to face fighing, which is the reason you dont have that many routes, you simply has to fight your way to the obj as a team

So what have you done for the ET Community that makes you such an expert in whats good and whats not?

oh and btw all maps ecxept the standard ones has been released in beta with failures............................

ps. another note, radar isnt that a standardmap? which btw was the map that made all players back then asking for the drawfoliage cvar

vodka.ru
16-12-2011, 21:32

sum details:)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5010/bug1337flol.jpg

Dragonji
16-12-2011, 23:08
One of the greatest maps ever :)

Playable with and without double jump.

Shagileo
17-12-2011, 00:26
I'm dieing to see his Moria map, sadly it's not available for public :(
I bet it's a masterpiece

Patriot
20-12-2011, 14:04
I'm dieing to see his Moria map, sadly it's not available for public :(
I bet it's a masterpiece

well its handsom, but it isnt made so you can put it out there as a fp1, no gameplay is built in, and it has some nasty gfx glitches, not enough spawns etc etc :)

but its fun to play lms on as its very nice and the big halls with those crazy stairs are just hilarious :)

Hy0...
16-02-2012, 23:03
Playable without double jump but I love trickjumping in this map on Jaymod, so much tricks you can do!!